Thoughts on free seeds?

micro

I made an order that included 20 "free" seeds. When I received and inspected them, they looked smaller and lighter colored then the "name brand" seeds. Do seed banks just visual inspect all of their seeds and pick one that "look" good to offer as name brand, and the rest get thrown away, or in this case given away? In that case, I'd think the genetics on the seeds should be pretty good? I germinated the freebies and had good germination rate so I'm kind of psyched to see how they end up.

it all depends really.. Anytime I've gotten free seeds, they've been good quality seeds, and in some cases look better than the seeds I ordered. I recently got 4 cali connection single seeds, and got 2 freebies.. The freebies are growing nicely, but every CC seed died after 2 days

i guess it depends on where you order them from, every time I've gotten free seeds, they're labeled with the breeder and strain name.

Well from what I have seen around here you can still take a nameless bagseed & make it something worth smoking by feeding it the proper nutes while in growth. Just treat it right with the same love & you might be surprised at the outcome.

a while back maybe 2 years ago or so, i got some free seeds with an order. the freebies were labeled p3/ppp, pure power plant from nirvana. i eventally planted them and got 3 great females one plant yielded about 3 zs its was a keeper for sure. they were better than seeds i've paid $75-100 for.

hope your freebies are as good as the ones i got.

in general i don't think highly of freebies but you never know unless you grow them out.

I ordered and with my order I received 3 FREE seeds, besides my AutoBerry and LowryderII-auto. Out of the 3 FREE 1 seed took. The other 2 dried up and the taproot was shriveled.

Now to try and figure out what to do next...

definatly worth pondering about, i would assume that the free seeds probally come to them as bonus or over stocked orders, i would assume there a mixture of strains or could just be crap, but you never know and a bunch could be male unless there feminized so yeah..

There were 20 of them in a baggie marked "free" so I do not know which strain. I gave about half to a friend who proceed to kill most of them, and the remaining 6 or so that germinated for me are about 2 weeks old now. If you want to see what happens check out my Journal! I've been mostly taking photos of the older two that made it, but I'll start snapping some shots of the younger bunch.

Most ''Free'' seeds Ive received have looked old/immature/small etc But most have grown fine.

I would think large seedbanks dont like to keep old stock or send bad looking seeds, maybe they just give away stock near it's sell-by-date or seeds that look small/immature?

Not only that how many of you guys go to a seed bank BECAUSE they give you free seeds over one that doesn't?

Also 20 free seeds seems alot how many did you order? My local fishing store sells 2kg bags of hemp seed, what could be given away as canna seeds.

I think it could just be a promo offered up by smart entrepreneurs if they are labled what they are. If they arent labeled they could just be mixed up seeds that they dont know what they are and again offered up as a promo from smart entrepreneurs....

Back
Top Bottom