Three leaflets during flower due to increased light intensity

PsillyRabbit

I had a shade cloth over plants during veg and part of flower. I removed the shade cloth for maximum sun shine when I realized the plants were flowering already. Now about 3 weeks later I see the small under developed buds are putting out sets of three leaves.
The bottom line is a decreased amount of leaflets is caused by stress. Stress can decrease the quality of the buds and even make some plants hermie.

i dont even know what my question is... Is there anything I can do for these plants at this point? Am i just fucked? Any grains of knowledge?

pics

3a.jpeg

3b.jpeg

3c.jpeg

3d.jpeg

Well you may not see a problem but entire colas with 3 leaflets screams abnormalI to me. I have been transitioning into flower nutes for about 3 weeks.

Three leaflets is a suressign of a reveg in progress. For some reason the plant wants, not, to be in flower

I can only guess that the shade cloth tricked the plant to begin flowering and removing the shade cloth has convinced the plant It is still too early to flower,,

Karma sent friend,, a tuf one indeed

What causes 3-point leaves?

• Light stress – One of the most common culprits, especially if there is a significant change in grow light type or light levels
  • Unusual photoperiods – Such as when grow lights turn on and off at a new time, or the plant’s lighting schedule is otherwise changed. Sometimes you’ll see 3-point leaves after switching to a 12/12 light schedule to initiate the flowering stage.
  • Environmental stress – Extreme temperatures, stagnant air, underwatering, and other stresses can trigger the unhappy plant to grow 3-point leaves
  • Re-vegetating – If a plant starts making buds in the flowering stage and then switches back to the vegetative stage, it can cause leaves to grow with 3 points. Learn more about re-vegging.
  • Genetics – Some strains grow 3-point leaves due to genetics, such as any Ducksfoot strain. If plants are otherwise healthy and grow 3-point leaves from seed to harvest, you likely don’t need to worry.

Really not a worst case scenario, if it re-vegges, as soon as the light period gets down to around 14 hours (on outdoor grows the first and last hour of light really don't count because of the low light intensity) it will start to flower again. In the northern hemisphere, depending on latitude, plants should start flowering most any time now.

welll... the plot thickens..
These are large multi pound plants. I think when they stretched in flower they grew over my natural vegetation barrier and are now exposed to my neighbors lights at night that was previously defused by the shade cloth.

If this is the case i don't know that they will ever flower. Or be able to finish when they eventually do.

Back
Top Bottom