Tips - Answers - Advice?

DShingler1993

So I was hoping for some advice/tips/insight..
This is my first grow when my lady hit the flowering stage she had a growth spurt but I feel like the buds are growing very slowly? Is it normal for bud growth to happen slowly? My lady is very healthy and she gets plenty of light I am just curious why her buds are growing very slowly....

420-magazine-mobile2051577576.jpg

420-magazine-mobile239749581.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1691932203.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1677341887.jpg

420-magazine-mobile376311851.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1066829554.jpg

Sent from my KFARWI using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have 6 CFL lights on at 12/12
And im not sure whether photo or auto a week after switching to 12/12 she went into flowering so maybe photo?

Okay gotcha, were they bag seeds or did you get them from a seed bank? But yah sounds like a photo. Most plants start putting on weight after their stretch is done.

Wattage could have something to do with it, CFLs grow slower than other lighting options.

The plant does look good man, so try not to worry to much yet. She is a tall lady :p

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey thanks man. Yea I think she'll be fine just got a lil worried for a minute but im sure she growing just as needed
The seed was from a bag so Im not even sure of the strain or anything

No problem dude, stay positive and listen to the plant it'll let you know what it needs. Obviously, it is tall probably from being a sativa dominant strain or due to the lights not being to powerful and the plant is stretching for more light. The plant seems a little "airy" to me but from what I have seen that is normal with CFLs especially early.
Stay positive homie!
I've seen people on here grow some badass bag seeds for sure.

Got any pics of the buds/nodes close up?

Plant asppears to be pretty healthy but is suffering from a severe lack of light. It also shows photoperiod stress. You probably either have light leaks or you are not keeping the "lights-off" time consistent.

No problem dude, stay positive and listen to the plant it'll let you know what it needs. Obviously, it is tall probably from being a sativa dominant strain or due to the lights not being to powerful and the plant is stretching for more light. The plant seems a little "airy" to me but from what I have seen that is normal with CFLs especially early.
Stay positive homie!
I've seen people on here grow some badass bag seeds for sure.

Got any pics of the buds/nodes close up?
I tried taking a few pics of the buds up close but my tablet wont focus that close that close
420-magazine-mobile1270202234.jpg
420-magazine-mobile73722001.jpg

Very shitty pictures

Plant asppears to be pretty healthy but is suffering from a severe lack of light. It also shows photoperiod stress. You probably either have light leaks or you are not keeping the "lights-off" time consistent.
So if I upgraded the lights you think itll benefit alot from that?
And I have an outlet time set 12/12 so the time is pretty consistent but I have the plant in a closet with no door I have a white sheet covering the closet where the door would be.. maybe light leak from there?

So if I upgraded the lights you think itll benefit alot from that?
And I have an outlet time set 12/12 so the time is pretty consistent but I have the plant in a closet with no door I have a white sheet covering the closet where the door would be.. maybe light leak from there?

More light wouldn't hurnt, but it is pretty late in the game for it to make a big improvement in this round. If you have 'em, or are going to add some anyway for future grows, I'd add them. This assumes you can keep the temperatures OK.

No way for me to know where the light is coming from, but your plant shows the signs of light stress.

I agree with major on the light issue. Its already started to foxtail believe me. Adding more light wont do much at this stage, just uograde next round. You need bare minimum 400w to grow indoors. Thats real wattage not the inflated led wattage but i recommend 600w min for 1m2 or 4'x4'

I tried taking a few pics of the buds up close but my tablet wont focus that close that close
420-magazine-mobile1270202234.jpg
420-magazine-mobile73722001.jpg

Very shitty pictures

Yah tough to get good pics with a tablet. Anyways, I agree with the above, more light/watts next go around if you want a bigger yield. But then you have to start thinking about circulation/heat issues.

At least you have some buds going man, and they look real early so hopefully they'll fatten up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My rule is >=50 real watts per square foot of actual canopy. This is for LED or HPS/MH. It probably works for CFLs too, but at that point you are better off with a different light source.

Back
Top Bottom