Tips for changing to the 12/12 lighting stage

growsomebud

Hello all, It's been 3 months since my plant popped its head out of the soil. In all this time, it still is not showing its sex. I only see the stipules. Anyway, I figure I'll put this thing into a 12/12 light cycle in the next few days, and find out its sex that way. Besides, if I don't, it will be getting cold at night in a few months.

I'm looking for advice as to what, if anything additional, I should be doing prior to putting it into a 12/12 lighting cycle. It's been in the same basic soil for the past 8+ weeks. I've been giving it the Fox Farms trio of nutes for veg feedings, plus the Cal-Mag product, as well. I'll switch over to FF feeding schedule for flowering(even thought I don't know if this plant is female or not).

I'm also going to switch out all 8(I've added 2 more clamp-on lights) of the A19 style of LED bulbs from 6500K, 75w equivalents to 2700K, 100w equivalents.

Is there anything else I should be doing before I put this plant into 12/12?
The pic below is from 2 weeks ago. It's grown about 6 inches since then.
DSC037674.JPG

Just cut a clone and put it in to 12 and 12 you do not have to even root it first start it into flowering it will show its sex

I'm not willing to wait any longer to do the cloning thing. Besides, I said it will be getting cold before long. I put this plant into 12/12 lighting last night.

What I also don't know is how much water this plant should be getting. I've always given it 1 gal w/ nutes, since putting it in the 5 gal bucket w/ many holes made in the bottom. and since this last pic, it's shot up about 7" since then. Although it looks pretty healthy, I'm thinking it could use more water at each feeding(I water every 6 days when the top soil dries out), but I'm just not sure.

Water until you get 15 to 20% runoff and wait until the bucket feels lighter to water again. Your plant will double in height in the first few weeks of flower so you should top and supercrop now if you are limited on space.

Thanks, I've been doing a lot of LST work, but it's getting wider, of course.

Back
Top Bottom