Tjalibabba's 2nd Grow! 6 Stains - Coco - LED

Tjalibabba

Edit: Looks like i misspelled "Strains" in the title - How do i fix that now?

Time for my second grow journal. Got so hooked on growing the first time around that i went and ordered myself a bunch of new equipment. For my last grow, i used a 400w hps in a 2'x3' (roughly) closet. This time around, i'm converting that closet into a veg room with one 90w LED. I'll be using my new 3'x3' Secret Jardin DS tent with 2x 90w LED's for flowering. The lights are still enroute from somewhere in China, but i have a 23w CFL i can start the seedlings under.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

Crimea Blue (Barneys Farm) - Indica Dominant
Critical Kush (Barneys Farm) - Pure Indica
OG Kush (Reserva Privada) - Indica/Sativa Mix
White Widow (Seedsman) - Sativa Dominant

In the veg room, i will also be running:
Pineapple Express (Barneys Farm) - Indica x Ruderalis
Auto Blue (Seedsman) - Indica/Sativa x Ruderalis

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?

100% Green label coco
Pot size: 0,2L -> 5,5L -> 11L

Size of light?

3x 90w (operational w) China LED's. Here are some specifications on them:

*Rated Power:90W
*LED Quantity:45×3W
*Input Voltage:AC85-264V
*Operating Frequency:50/60HZ
*Input current:550mA
*Working Temp.:-20℃-40℃
*Duration of Service:
50000hours
*LED type:Cree/Epistar/Epiled
*Lumens:2800lm
*LED beam Angle:90℃,120℃
*Shell Color:White
*LED Ratio:RB=8:1,
ROB=7:blushsmile:1,RROBW
=6:blushsmile:1:blushsmile:1
*Size:Dia270*60mm

Got my tent set up and ready:

DSC005883.jpg

The seeds arrived yesterday. After 24h, 5/6 have germinated. Only the white widow is still in her shell :)

DSC005902.jpg

Just to let u no tj I pulled 5 ozs from my sweet tooth autos it's all dried and Curing and some of the best smoke I've ever had finished in 11 weeks!

The edges slightly but u could only c it in direct sunlight. Wat sort of led did u buy? I risked 2of the 10w 225 red and blue led jobbies from eBay for £20. Since ordering I've read some bad reviews!!!! Im hoping to run them in a tent with a 20w cfl 6500k for first 3/4 weeks then switch to 2nd tent with 600w hps. Do u think this will work tj? As always I bow to your superior knowledge regarding all things chronic!

I'm worried about the LEDs now now so I've just got another 25w cfl 6400k. My seeds have come all fast bud no2 auto. Tj can u explain wat a 2ltr hempie dwc is. I can't find much info online I can make 1 from you tube but don't no how to operate it! Surely in a 2 ltr bottle the yield would b reduced from say a 5 ltr pot. Although I'm intrigued at trying 1 and poss lolly popping it. Once again sorry to crash your thread dude!

I've scrapped the LEDs for 7 6500k cfls spread over 6 autos. At about week 3/4 I'll switch to the hid lamp. £40 down the drain we live and learn!!!

I've scrapped the LEDs for 7 6500k cfls spread over 6 autos. At about week 3/4 I'll switch to the hid lamp. £40 down the drain we live and learn!!!

I hope it works out for you mate.. From what i can tell, low-wattage LED's are either no good at all, or only effective in either veg or bloom.

What size are your CFL's? My 23w didn't do a whole lot.. not enough lumens i think.. Went and bought a 200w CFL /w reflector instead, and that thing got the job done. I think the 23w is around 1100 lumens, whereas a 200w would be closer to 15000 lumens.

Here we are at day 33:

33123.jpg

I recently harvested the last plant from my previous grow, so i've moved these babies back into the tent under my 400w MH - (Still waiting for those LED's from china.. shouldn't be long now.)

Anyway, this is what you're looking at:

grow.png

All of the non-autos have been topped at least once, and some twice. I'm also experimenting a little with LST - one of the mystery plants was gaining height much faster than all the others, so i'm gonna tie it in a nice little circle around the edge of the pot.. hopefully that'll teach it! :)

5x 15w, a 30w and a 25w in 6500k and 3x 15 w 2700k. I hope this will do for my first 3 weeks then I'll switch to 600w hid. The cfls are pretty close to the plants and 5 days in they seem ok .

Back
Top Bottom