1st Grow - LED - UV - G13 - 2014

Get a small fan blowing in there. Gotta keep the temps good and blowing a little on them to thicken up them stalks. Don't apologize for being new, we all started off without knowing everything. Just read around and study up on stuff and you'll learn a lot fast.

Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

That's a thread you can come to and there's a lot of helpful guys who have more experience than me, and grow in soil. I grow in perlite, hempy style. But i'll still be subscribed here watching

Alright awsome man I'll check it out thank you! The timer is about to shut the light off, we'll get a fan in there tonight, and we'll go get soil in the A.m. so I'll check back tomarrow with pics and such. Have a great night!

CAM004241.jpg
CAM004221.jpg
CAM004172.jpg
CAM004151.jpg
CAM00412.jpg
CAM004101.jpg

Day 10.
I was out side yesterday doing some yard work and found these bigger pots. I beleive they are over a gallon. Would it be alright if I moved them now into these now, and bury it deaper?, and is there anything i could add to the soil?. I found a fan that night in another closet. I think it might be perfect its a nice medium breeze and i noticed they got stronger really fast already they barely move for how lanky they are. Other than that the diesls have a lil but of crisp on them but i do beleive thats from the LED I have the 300 watt CFL 1' above the canopy, just to be sure. I just watered them today. So everything's going good so far. I Hope!. Seems like it's taking forever and its only 6 days since it sprouted. Haha. Tips/advice, Always Welcome, send it my way.

You might want to give them some time to establish roots before you transplant them, but the auto I would transplant now, cause it should go into flower in another two weeks and you won't be able to transplant then without doing some real damage to your yield. You can always add perlite to soil, helps aerate it. I would move the CFL bulb an inch or two closer and see how they respond. Other than that stay the course

Then whats the small one? Well the one half as tall as the others wouldnt that be the auto. I read they dont grow as much in the first week. Because they are more focused on growing a good root base.?

I thought you had them labeled. Once a seed is out, it's near impossible to tell which is which unless you've grown them a lot. You know the auto cause it'll start to flower in 2 weeks. The other two can't tell till they flower and you can see some traits or differences.

White paper isn't as reflective as paint. The led is very low watt, so it won't affect the plants much either way, but it works like any other light. Red is for flower, blue for veg

CAM00436.jpg
CAM00435.jpg
CAM00434.jpg
CAM004331.jpg
CAM00430.jpg
CAM00426.jpg
CAM004241.jpg

So I took the aluminum foil out of the homemade light roof. And double layered it with white printer paper. Figured white paper would be better then risking hot spots from the foil... then got obsessive and did the walls with it. ( until we get white paint).Also we have this bag sead plant we brought inside about a 1/2 a month ago. Didnt grow to much , thinking because the LED light wasnt powerful enough but its about a month old. Pretty sure its a female. It was a test plant but might as well see if we can get any off it.
Tips/advice/thoughts?

Things are looking better. I'd look into transplanting them into bigger pots and buried up to their cotyledons. That bigger plant isn't showing sex yet, so you won't know if it's female unless it was a fem seed. But it is looking a lot better than it was 2 days ago. Can't wait to see them buried in bigger pots with a real led over them. You'll notice a change in them real fast then

Yes i know i cannot wait to order it. We're having some set backs due to recently moving so ghetto rigged a little bit but working. Soil for the new pots asap, probably tomarrow or the next day. Then ordering new LED. It might be a dumb question but if its 3X100watt. That mean s its 300 watts rite?. But yes definitely going to repot soon. Cant wait to see them in there and watch them grow. I was looking at your journals and noticed the fencing over it and topping it many of times. Wats the benefits with that and is it a pain in the ars?. I beleive I'm getting addicted to this, they're beautiful things. And i love watching them grow and enjoy this hobbie as much as i do smoking it, its like I'm doing it for more than just the product. .

The light is considered 300 watts, but it's power draw will be less. Probably closer to 120 actual watts cause they under power them so they last forever. Mine is a 400 but it actually uses only 177 watts. You'll apparently have 100 3 watt diodes, I have 80 5 watt diodes, for better penetration.

The HGK Flux is a thing of beauty, but it can be a pain. It requires at least a two/three month veg, a lot of training and it's a bitch to water. But the payoff in the end is supposed to be worth it. I would recommend looking at the sour sky grow I did and start there. Topping and training is a lot of fun, and looks good too. But I would start simple with topping and training branches straight out and putting them under a screen for a scrog. Then when you feel comfortable with that jump into supercropping, lst, fluxing and all the harder stuff. Once you see them buds start forming it becomes a rush and you get even more addicted

Wooohooo, so i transplanted the big bag seed plant in to a bigger pot. Didnt have soil, but i do have a bigass dried up lake behind the house with good soil, its a jungle now. So while i was transplanting i tried the cardboard with a notch cut into it to keep the soil in place. Well that didnt work i bent the main stalk where it meets the soil. Its still connected just soft, so i buried it deaper in the soil to try and keep it up straight to heal. Idk if itll work but if it doesnt it isnt a loss, it wasnt anything special just a experiment plant. There are also some worms in the soil. I also put some soil to fill the babies up to the brim for more support, didnt transplant them yet cause i do not want to until i get some legit soil. But i did apply about 2" to them of lake soil. And have some worm heads i accidentally chopped off with the shovel. Tips/ help?!? I'll send pics soon. Also how do I sub to peoples journals?

You probably don't want worms or any other living bugs in soil. If you bent main stem, it should heal up and be better than before, you basically supercropped it. And to sub to a journal all you have to do is post in it. That's why people will pop into journals and just post the word subbed.

Back
Top Bottom