To harvest or not to harvest

TimmyTT

420 Member
Hi Guys

I am looking for feedback on my 1st grow.

I was hoping my little lady would bush out a little this week but we have been hit by bad weather.

Any feedback on if I should harvest now or wait is appreciated. I am conscious she is not the healthiest of specimens as I have neglected her slightly.

9283F615-9829-41C8-86C9-331D26D487A2.jpeg

096764C7-CD01-4A91-A6CD-0D24C7A9D23B.jpeg

1680C7B7-FFBD-4E7A-9E85-AB0E4CAC8785.jpeg

51ECECA5-5086-45B1-9779-D3A6B1FBE8AE.jpeg

Hi Guys

I am looking for feedback on my 1st grow.

I was hoping my little lady would bush out a little this week but we have been hit by bad weather.

Any feedback on if I should harvest now or wait is appreciated. I am conscious she is not the healthiest of specimens as I have neglected her slightly.

9283F615-9829-41C8-86C9-331D26D487A2.jpeg

096764C7-CD01-4A91-A6CD-0D24C7A9D23B.jpeg

1680C7B7-FFBD-4E7A-9E85-AB0E4CAC8785.jpeg

51ECECA5-5086-45B1-9779-D3A6B1FBE8AE.jpeg
Its hard to tell as I’m having trouble seeing if your trichomes are cloudy yet. I see alot of brown pistols but don’t really see your buds in the photos.

Looks like they got a lil too much nitrogen through flower, but the structure of the buds and ratio of pistils that have pulled back against them sure look like she's real close to the end. Without being able to get a little closer to the trichs with a good amount of light it's hard to say, but from the way the buds look she could be there!

What’s up TimmyTT?

Your plant looks great! Sure maybe it’s not the thick as a brick buds you dreamed of but that’s ok. Practice makes perfect.... sometimes we get proper rock hard nuts other times it’s light and airy buds.

With any loupe or mini microscope..... the smallest amount of movement makes it blurry - you can’t hold it still enough to get a good view of what you are working on. Snip a small section of top calyx (not the fan leaves) lay the sample bud on a table for viewing, next prop your device on the table for stability.... now look to see what the trichs are telling you.

When the pistils have changed from fresh, fluffy & light colored and show up as dark & crinkled up - then you are in the harvest window. Doesn’t mean harvest immediately - it’s just an indicator they are ripening out as they should. Now is the time to watch the trichs.

Sometimes it may help to do a staggered harvest if the plant is tall. Harvest the top colas and let the mids and lowers continue to ripen. A week to 10 days later cut the middle buds while leaving the lowers to finish up. Your actual timeline may vary but you get the idea

Looks like she is pretty much done but still we need to guide you on this whole process so thanks for playing ball.

not a pro - just a gardener dropping my 2 cents

What’s up TimmyTT?

Your plant looks great! Sure maybe it’s not the thick as a brick buds you dreamed of but that’s ok. Practice makes perfect.... sometimes we get proper rock hard nuts other times it’s light and airy buds.

With any loupe or mini microscope..... the smallest amount of movement makes it blurry - you can’t hold it still enough to get a good view of what you are working on. Snip a small section of top calyx (not the fan leaves) lay the sample bud on a table for viewing, next prop your device on the table for stability.... now look to see what the trichs are telling you.

When the pistils have changed from fresh, fluffy & light colored and show up as dark & crinkled up - then you are in the harvest window. Doesn’t mean harvest immediately - it’s just an indicator they are ripening out as they should. Now is the time to watch the trichs.

Sometimes it may help to do a staggered harvest if the plant is tall. Harvest the top colas and let the mids and lowers continue to ripen. A week to 10 days later cut the middle buds while leaving the lowers to finish up. Your actual timeline may vary but you get the idea

Looks like she is pretty much done but still we need to guide you on this whole process so thanks for playing ball.

not a pro - just a gardener dropping my 2 cents
Gday @013

thanks again for all the advice.

I’ll harvest her this weekend and see how she goes.

I will report back on the potency in a few weeks

what strain is that??

Looks interesting... kinda sorta looks like there are seeds in some of the flowers and that could be a reason for airy-ish buds. But that could also be a strain thing. Sorta looks like Landrace weed to me.

I am no expert, but you probably want to be under rather than over. Higher CBN levels combined with THC are not much fun unless you want your weed to send you to sleep. Doesnt look like you have amber, brown trichomes yet but once you start to see them, I would arvest,

Back
Top Bottom