to prune or not to prune

shutter6t9

First time grower. So far so good. I started germing 14 on the 12th , I have stoped germination and now have 10 plants!!!!! The first 2 poped the dirt on the 15th and 16th,the next ones have continued to pop out every day till all are out now, the last one came out on the 24th. My question is how and when should i prune (trim,top...)? My space is about 4'6'' tall x 6'6'' long and 4' wide. I have 4 lights (flours) and 4 pots, 1 plant each in 2 pots, 4 plants each in the other 2 pots. The 2 that have 1 plant each are much bigger than the other ones because they are the older ones, they have about 8-10 leaves, nice and bushy,and are about 4'' tall. the rest are younger but still looking good. Any help, links, or even better some before and after trimming pics would be specfuckingtacular!!!!!!! THANKS, SHUTTER6T9

Re: to prune or not to prune....

did u say u have more than one palnt in a pot? if so not good i wouldnt do that can affect them in the long run.. i norally top like 3 week let it heal then flower on the 4th week

so you only veg for 4 weeks then flower? how much yeild that quick? and how tall or how many leaf sets before you flower? also i have four 4' 40w flourescents, and am going to add 2 more 4' 40w. i am affraid to transplant and its my first time so i will probably just keep them how they are.after i start flowering i will remove the males i only wanted 5 females, so i thought i'd have a 50/50 shot if i grew 10. you guys are awsome thanks for the help. oh yeah i have the space lined with foil (dull side out). its pretty bright and they are growing, well, like weeds!!

one that is not enought light at all.. two u dont want more than one plant in a pot they can end up killin each other fighting for roots space. most people only veg for 4 weeks u have to rember once u flower your plant will double if not more in size.they will vary in size u can flower when ever u want depends on the space u have and the yeild depends on alot .. how well u take care of the plant the strain, lights a few other things..

thanks for the help,i will transplant as soon as i can!! as far as lights , they are groing really good, nice thick stocks, real bushy, and less than a 1/2 inch between nodes. the bulbs are plant growing bulbs for vivariums. i think thats how you spell that?(plant aquariums). any more advise would be really cool!!!

my oldest is 2 weeks today! do you guys have, or know any links or pics that show how and where to top? also my pots are about one cubic foot, is that big enough? p420 you got a nice grow journal, checked it out like 4 times, good stuff man!!! you guys are great thanks for the help!!

Hey y'all, i have changed things i now have 7 plants each in its own pot. They all look real good, but the two oldest ones are real bushy, one has 2 branches at every leaf? The other ones dont, the seeds were all kinds of bag seeds, is this just a different strain than the others? But the problem is the new branches dont get enough light, and i dont know how to trim!!!!! If i could see a pic of where to trim, i could do it!! I dont want to kill them, but it looks like i would get more buds from the new branch's than than just the big leaves that are blocking the light. i'm still trying to find time to post some pics so bear with me. Any advice would be great. THANKS, SHUTTER6T9. :hmmmm:

u can clip almost anywhere and it wont kill it but u have to clip the 2 smallest new sets of leaves and that will make it so instead of 1 main cola u will have a few
:allgood:

Why cant i post any pics? Someone please help me!!!!! I finally found time to take some pics but i can't figure out how to post them!!! ANYBODY, HELP PLEASE!!!!!! Thanks SHUTTER6T9

Back
Top Bottom