To trim or not to trim?

Char37

I am working on a second grow right now, there in the veg state (Choc. Chunk) & about 3 ft high now & I'm wondering about trimming the leaves. Is it a good thing to do or is it better just to leave them? Any advice would be helpful...Thanx

Don't trim your leaves yet.. your plant will go into shock. The plant needs the leaves right up till just about harvest. I myself don't trim till the last week b4 harvest, then I only trim back about 50%. You can find a more detailed info on this forum I know it's posted somewhere.

Here's a link that will explane also: Gas Exchange in Plants

Depends on y ur trimming the leaves. Trimming to increase circulation to the interior canopy helps combat mold issues and helps provide less hiding places for pests. I doubt ur plants will go into shock from trimming a few leaves. Veg is the best time to trim them anyway IMO. Just trim a least as possible. Now if u have leaves gettin little to no light trim them, I do sometimes. Just don't get carried away. Remember plants need leaves to convert light to energy which essentially means more leaves, more growth. Mind telling us y you're interested in trimming ur leaves?

Thanx for the advice. I guess I just wanted to clean them up a bit, they are quite bushy with alot of very lg. leaves...but? wondering about trimming just a few plants, leaving the rest and seeing just how much of a difference it makes.

^Good suggestion Pit. Tucking leaves is a less stressful alternative. (unless humidity is a major concern within the canopy).
I got that from Racefan here a while back

i trim the shit out of my plants and it doesnt seem to effect them at all , i have a whole closet full of colas and my plants are just cranking , im growing sea of green method and it was so thick it had to be trimmed down , iv been trimming them down the whole time without any effect ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, smokr1

As u can see we all have different styles of growing. My sugestion is this, if some1 can show u a grow, pics, journal demonstrating their methods, I'd be more inclined to take their advice. When PitViper talks, I (as do most of us around here) listen. If u look at his "The Viper's Nest Continous" U'll see fat harvests and great technique. I said that to say this.....u may wanna seriously consider his advice. U doubt it? Take at look at the man's journal and he's got +reps out the ass.

Back
Top Bottom