Too late to reveg?

Eeko

I'm tired of paying $$$ for seeds so I figured this time around I would try doing some clones. Problem is that I've been way to busy with work and have been halfassing my attention to my grow. A couple of weeks ago I took an ugly duckling of a plant and put it outdoors and figured I would use to for clones and turned the rest of the plants (indoor tent grow) over to a 12/12 cycle. Looking at the ugly duckling plant, I'm pretty sure I would be the village idiot for try to clone a plant that can't manage to keep a node or two of leaves alive, it's been that way for months, the only bad plant in the bunch.

So.....my question is; would it be a good idea to take a plant that has been on a 12/12 cycle for a few weeks with bud sites all over it and try to turn it back to a 18/6 cycle to get clones from it?

If it’s made the switch to flowering already then it will definitely have to reveg awhile before getting back to normal growth. It can take a month or even longer- sometimes a lot longer at least for me. You could take cuttings off it now and leave the main plant in flowering- and probably come out about the same/or ahead in the end with the slight risk that they’re a bit harder to root. The clones will also do a reveg thing before growing properly but it should be do-able.

First don't do anything with the sick plant. I find it is better to get rid of them early and let the other plants replace plant material in that area. Most never recover to the point that they are worth it anyway. With that said. You can re-veg or re-generate a plant at any time. Like Weasel said it is going to take some time. From what you have said. Here is what I would do. wait tell the end of flower. Pick the best plant you have. It would be best to harvest this plant a little early. You will have to leave a few branches that are still growing. Lower branches are great for this. there has to be enough left on the plant to regrow. The few buds you would get from these branches should not be enough to matter enough anyway. Find a opaque garbage bags with no scent added. put this over the plant and leave it under 24 hrs of light. It does not need to be intense light. It will take a while but most will come back. I turn these bags inside out every day or two so two much moisture does not build up right next to the plant.
Problems to watch for. 1 plant drying out. " it needs to be in a moist environment. 2 don't over water. the plant is not taking in much water now but it still cannot dry out. Over watering at these times can sour the soil.

Back
Top Bottom