Too late to top plant?

JuicyK404

Hey 420 Mag World!

I have some wire fence I would like to put on top of my tomato cage for a scrog screen and didn't know if it was too late to top the plant about half way down. I wanted to clone the top also to make sure its a female before I waste time and my electricity bill on filling the scrog screen, and ill have a clone to play around with. I have seen people do it for main lining but to me I would think it would stress the hell outta my plant. What do you guys think.

IMG_1114.PNG

You can totally top. Of course you can. Go for it.
Out of curiosity- because I don't really understand where you're coming from- why did you think you might not be able to?

Yeah I did a lot more research and realized I was just trippin lol. I'm only 6-8 grows in and have had quite a few mishaps along the way to say the least. Just wanted to get a second opinion which was much appreciated. So far have learned to ask question if your not sure, keep it simple and focus on the basics, and most importantly never give up or be afraid of failure. :thanks::Namaste:

Totally. And I totally relate to 'mishaps'. Ask away, anytime. Thought you might have had some specific info (which I probably would have told you was wrong)
You can top anytime. Though obviously it's not something you'd want to do halfway through flowering since you'd be chopping off your best bud. But you could still do it no problem. In general, I think the concept of stress and 'shock' is over emphasized, mostly among new growers.

I was that guy that was always trying to re-invent growing if you know what I mean lol. I'll be around, I'm thankful for this website and it's my main source of information.

Yeah I just don't have a solid base yet, once I establish that I can grow from there if you know what I mean. All my mishaps have made me realize that.

Back
Top Bottom