Too much light over water: Any ideas?

Wow! I may have to look into this too! Almost done my first grow and I fumbled my way thru it
I feel exactly the same still not sure when too harvest flushed the one on the right I stunted that a long long long time ago the one on the left I'm gonna give her a week then flush and harvest in about 17 days after 48 hours darkness this is my first time also and if I get any sort of smoke I'll be chuffed too bits......that mega crop u mentioned too me a long time ago and cannot for the life of me find it anywhere its sold out everywhere

Attachments

• 20201031_163621.jpg
    20201031_163621.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201031_163558.jpg
    20201031_163558.jpg
    973.4 KB · Views: 4
I feel exactly the same still not sure when too harvest flushed the one on the right I stunted that a long long long time ago the one on the left I'm gonna give her a week then flush and harvest in about 17 days after 48 hours darkness this is my first time also and if I get any sort of smoke I'll be chuffed too bits......that mega crop u mentioned too me a long time ago and cannot for the life of me find it anywhere its sold out everywhere
Try Amazon for the mega crop! 48 HOURS OF DARKNESS before harvest?! I’ve never heard this before!!! So much to learn/know

Some people do 24 - 72 hours of darkness before the chop. I harvest a plant over 2 - 3 days so I leave it under the lights the whole time. Never noticed a difference when I did a dark cycle before the harvest so I quit doing it.
Flushing is more a matter of preference. Some feed all the way till the day they chop. Some give water only. I started flushing again recently. To flush you put 3 times as much water through the pot as the pot size. (a 5 gallon pot takes 15 gallons of water to flush it properly). I think the smoke tastes better & is much smoother when flushed. However, others say different. So try it both ways & see what you like. I flush the final week. Rule of thumb is ... when you think your plant is done .... give it 1 more week. OK, perfect time to flush. So I flush & leave her under the light until the pot is totally dry & soil is breaking away from the pot. Takes about a week. Then I cut off all large fan leaves (leave the small single sugar leaves) & hang branches to dry.

I use to use all Advanced Nutrient products & they cost a fortune & a PITA to mix all the time. My grows have easily put out 35% more bud with Mega Crop. Right now I'll take MC over any nute out there until something better comes along. Everyone has switched to it for a reason. I think 1/2 the growers on this site are now using it.

I noticed that MegaCrop has now come out with a 3rd major revision of their NPK levels in a new product. I find it a bit distressing that they continue to experiment on us, and provide no real guidance as to how to use their product other than "go for the green." all the while changing the formula on those who think they had it dialed in.

That and the fact that they do not sponsor this magazine or even respond to our questions other than some quickly penned emails that refer us back to their website instructions, make me choose a forum sponsor over them without hesitation. As soon as I started looking for an alternative I found our sponsor @GeoFlora Nutrients ... the easiest way to grow organically that there is, and with no need to worry about pH or flushing or mixing or the color green the leaves have achieved.

Just my opinion... there are as many ways to approach this thing as there are members of this forum.

I'm forever looking for this mega crop it seems too be sold out everywhere I look it's harder finding that than a ps5 in all honesty mate I'm still learning I think everyone is too some degree me I'm where u r from the sounds of it at the beginning this is my first plant
Try Amazon for the mega crop! 48 HOURS OF DARKNESS before harvest?! I’ve never heard this before!!! So much to learn/know

I orderd from the manufacturer website. Started growing with Advanced Nutrients' leakey messy bottles and just switched this grow to Megacrop 2-PART + Bud explosion. Finding it slower to flower than Advanced and slower veg made plants look a little stronger and flower is progressing slower with more growth.
Anyone having issues with diagnosing plant needs by it's growth probably doesn't have a good soil or water to start off with.

I noticed that MegaCrop has now come out with a 3rd major revision of their NPK levels in a new product. I find it a bit distressing that they continue to experiment on us, and provide no real guidance as to how to use their product other than "go for the green." all the while changing the formula on those who think they had it dialed in.

That and the fact that they do not sponsor this magazine or even respond to our questions other than some quickly penned emails that refer us back to their website instructions, make me choose a forum sponsor over them without hesitation. As soon as I started looking for an alternative I found our sponsor @GeoFlora Nutrients ... the easiest way to grow organically that there is, and with no need to worry about pH or flushing or mixing or the color green the leaves have achieved.

Just my opinion... there are as many ways to approach this thing as there are members of this forum.
From start to finish, all you have to do is water it?

I use to use all Advanced Nutrient products & they cost a fortune & a PITA to mix all the time. My grows have easily put out 35% more bud with Mega Crop. Right now I'll take MC over any nute out there until something better comes along. Everyone has switched to it for a reason. I think 1/2 the growers on this site are now using it.
I just ordered some MC for the first time, on Amazon. Question: after I plant, all I have to do is water? I don’t have to add ANYTHING?

I orderd from the manufacturer website. Started growing with Advanced Nutrients' leakey messy bottles and just switched this grow to Megacrop 2-PART + Bud explosion. Finding it slower to flower than Advanced and slower veg made plants look a little stronger and flower is progressing slower with more growth.
Anyone having issues with diagnosing plant needs by it's growth probably doesn't have a good soil or water to start off with.
I haven't found a more accurate way of diagnosing a plants needs then by seeing what the leaves do. The leaves tell you everything. FFOF is good soil & I use it fresh from the bag every grow & my water from the tap runs 7.0 - 7.2 pH. As a plant grows it will need more nutrients or it will yellow or get other def. 9 times out of 10 if you feed exactly what the bottles say you will get a toxicity. Since I've switched to going by what the leaves say I haven't had a single Toxicity or deficiency. I think going by leaf color & reactions are for the more experienced grower by your statement.

Back
Top Bottom