Too much or too little food?

Why are you flushing them? They don't have the root system yet to use all that water.

Also, measuring the pH of runoff flush water is not a thing, as 013 and I have mentioned.
[/QUO
The took it. Ppms were roughly 1300 I brought them down to nine with one and the other one was like 1100 ppm I brought it down to 500. But the pH on one went down to 5.4 something ? Just trying to figure out why.

So today I flushed my plants or a couple of them that were hurting my pH was normal while I flushed my plants and for some reason it went down to 5.4 :/ from 5.9 ?? The water I used pH was 6.2 like always. ?
So today I flushed my plants or a couple of them that were hurting my pH was normal while I flushed my plants and for some reason it went down to 5.4 :/ from 5.9 ?? The water I used pH was 6.2 like always. ?

16615597848484253392505947536429.jpg

I'll repeat this and hope you believe me if i say it enough: pH runoff is not a thing unless you are specifically doing a pour-through pH test to solve a plant problem.
The plants are looking like they're likeing there ppms lowered. The leaves are sticking up now I wasn't really worried about the pH at the get-go when I flushed it I just knew something was wrong which it was heavy on its food. But yeah I hear you loud and clear about pH .

The plants are looking like they're likeing there ppms lowered. The leaves are sticking up now I wasn't really worried about the pH at the get-go when I flushed it I just knew something was wrong which it was heavy on its food. But yeah I hear you loud and clear about pH .
This is now.

16615679968451639290234282458400.jpg

No but I could have a salt build up before lol
And honestly the last two runs I did every time I got red in between the fingers of the leaves it's always been because of over fertilizing I bring the ppms down and it always straightens up so I know that with experience and that's one of the reasons why I transplant it because I was giving it too much food I believe prior to the new transplant and it's a b**** to fix an overfed plant sometimes so I figured I'd transplant it to fresh soil lol thinking it would wean itself out with double amount of medium obviously not Sunshine mix has a boost of nutrients a very little bit so that probably didn't help and that's why my ppms are roughly 1300 when I'm giving 600.. that my friend is a sault buildup

As I see it, that would be diluted into the 7 gallon pot the first time you water and wouldn't matter to the plant.

I would never saturate a pot on transplant. There aren't roots to use the water.
I've been giving the sips of food maybe half gallon for a week every other day and things were just getting worse so I knew something was up who cares about pH you're right but ppms or what I was getting at

As I see it, that would be diluted into the 7 gallon pot the first time you water and wouldn't matter to the plant.

I would never saturate a pot on transplant. There aren't roots to use the water.
And no it wouldn't be because I'm not giving it full drinks..

Yeah I understand what you're saying I usually don't sacritate the pots when I transplant either but I did something wrong before I transplant it I could just tell how things were going. But all in all they're liking it a lot better now thanks for bearing with me. 🍹🤜

IMG_20220826_232547019.jpg

IMG_20220826_232531490.jpg

IMG_20220826_232511510.jpg

Almost all synthetic nutrients are salt based.

But table salt kills plants!
Salt based?
Chemists use the word salt quite differently. For them, a salt is any molecule that is made up of two or more ions. Sodium chloride (NaCl) is made up of two ions; sodium and chlorine. Ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3) is also a salt and is made up of an ammonium ion (NH4) and a nitrate ion (NO3). Potassium chloride (KCl) is common in fertilizer and is made up of a potassium ion (K) and a chlorine ion (Cl). There are hundreds of different salts.
As a solid, the ions join together to form crystals and chemists call these salts. When salts are dissolved in water, the ions in the salt separate and are no longer joined together. They are now properly called ions, not salt. This may seem like silly semantics, but it is an important distinction for properly understanding the effect of salts on soil and plants.

Back
Top Bottom