Too much or too little food?

Salt based?
Chemists use the word salt quite differently. For them, a salt is any molecule that is made up of two or more ions. Sodium chloride (NaCl) is made up of two ions; sodium and chlorine. Ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3) is also a salt and is made up of an ammonium ion (NH4) and a nitrate ion (NO3). Potassium chloride (KCl) is common in fertilizer and is made up of a potassium ion (K) and a chlorine ion (Cl). There are hundreds of different salts.
As a solid, the ions join together to form crystals and chemists call these salts. When salts are dissolved in water, the ions in the salt separate and are no longer joined together. They are now properly called ions, not salt. This may seem like silly semantics, but it is an important distinction for properly understanding the effect of salts on soil and plants.
Looks like you obviously knew the answer to your question when you asked it. And it seems like it's more of an important distinction to you than to me and James, since we both knew what we were talking about!

Almost all synthetic nutrients are salt based.

But table salt kills plants!
Looks like you obviously knew the answer to your question when you asked it. And it seems like it's more of an important distinction to you than to me and James, since we both knew what we were talking about!
Both knowing or not sometimes it feels better when answers are being answered and questions are being questioned that's how you learn

All I did was cut and paste the article you linked..I'm trying to understand what you are flushing away...are you trying to flush excess nutes??

All I did was cut and paste the article you linked..I'm trying to understand what you are flushing away...are you trying to flush excess nutes??
Like I said I believed I had a self build up before I transplanted my plants actually I know I did now that I did the test the other night even though it was in new soil it still was high so that leaves me to believe before I transplant it the medium was heavily saturated with food which was giving me problems I figured okay I'll just throw these three gallons into 7 gallons and things should figure itself out while things didn't until I flushed the access salt build up that was in the other pots and no it does not wean itself out after the first watering unless you're going to saturate your roots that aren't established in the new pot which is dangerous yes I know my stuff but I like verification with people telling me makes my brain work easier

Like I said I believed I had a self build up before I transplanted my plants actually I know I did now that I did the test the other night even though it was in new soil it still was high so that leaves me to believe before I transplant it the medium was heavily saturated with food which was giving me problems I figured okay I'll just throw these three gallons into 7 gallons and things should figure itself out while things didn't until I flushed the access salt build up that was in the other pots and no it does not wean itself out after the first watering unless you're going to saturate your roots that aren't established in the new pot which is dangerous yes I know my stuff but I like verification with people telling me makes my brain work easier
I grow organic so this is new to me. In the rare occasion I've overdone the nutes just a simple root prune and transplant into new soil did the trick..I would figure flushing the nutes will also flush away all benificials in your new soil

I grow organic so this is new to me. In the rare occasion I've overdone the nutes just a simple root prune and transplant into new soil did the trick..I would figure flushing the nutes will also flush away all benificials in your new soil
Yeah when I used to run the auto pot system are you stopped the prune back the roots good times good times I might actually go back to the auto pot system now that I know a lot more about hydroponics even though it's really not but we'll go that route. Lol my problem I think is I'm in my grow room too much

Yeah when I used to run the auto pot system are you stopped the prune back the roots good times good times I might actually go back to the auto pot system now that I know a lot more about hydroponics even though it's really not but we'll go that route. Lol my problem I think is I'm in my grow room too much
Time to stop harassing the ladies for a bit

James is growing in a peat-based blend that has no beneficial microbes in it, and if you grow in soil with synthetic nutes you're not using the microbes so flushing isn't a problem.

Though I'm not sure if you can actually flush the microbes away even in an organic grow. You can wash away some of the nutrients built into the soil when it was blended, which is why flushing isn't recommended to folks in organic soils.
Time to stop harassing the ladies for a bit
Lol! :thumb:

James is growing in a peat-based blend that has no beneficial microbes in it, and if you grow in soil with synthetic nutes you're not using the microbes so flushing isn't a problem.

Though I'm not sure if you can actually flush the microbes away even in an organic grow. You can wash away some of the nutrients built into the soil when it was blended, which is why flushing isn't recommended to folks in organic soils.

Lol! :thumb:
I was always told not to flush if I was to go organic or live isn't there ways with organic to fix that without flushing I'm not an organic guy either I'm actually thinking about trying that Canadian organic soil.. but I need an role machine I believe would be best route to go with organic

I was always told not to flush if I was to go organic or live isn't there ways with organic to fix that without flushing I'm not an organic guy either I'm actually thinking about trying that Canadian organic soil.. but I need an role machine I believe would be best route to go with organic
R0.***

Hey buddy have you ever tried thrive nutrients.. ???

Hey buddy have you ever tried thrive nutrients.. ???
I might jump to that I seem to have too much problems with general hydroponics mixing 13 damn bottles all the time
You quoted yourself so I'm not sure who you're asking! I haven't in case it was me.
You what do you mean I quoted myself . I'm still a little lost on this website don't mind my confusement it will get better in time

I might jump to that I seem to have too much problems with general hydroponics mixing 13 damn bottles all the time
You what do you mean I quoted myself . I'm still a little lost on this website don't mind my confusement it will get better in time
When you hit quote or reply it puts that post above your typing, like this:
Screenshot_20220827-091244_Firefox.jpg

It lets the person you're quoting know you've replied to their message. But if you reply to yourself we don't know who you're asking.

And there are a lot of other nutrient brands with fewer bottles!

That would 100% make sense.

Back
Top Bottom