Top Heavy

Adk5252

420 Member
Some of my plants are getting top heavy and I am afraid the stalk will not hold uty are only about 8" tall , should I start trimming them back or stake them some how ??
Thanks in advance for your responses ...........

I've been pretty successful using stakes to support. I use thin rods stuck into the soil (gently) then I use pipe cleaners to tie them to the dowel rods. I keep a loose loop in the pipe cleaner on that end holding a bud.
Not my preferred method, but it will work in a pinch.

-P

I've been pretty successful using stakes to support. I use thin rods stuck into the soil (gently) then I use pipe cleaners to tie them to the dowel rods. I keep a loose loop in the pipe cleaner on that end holding a bud.
Not my preferred method, but it will work in a pinch.

-P
Thanks - what kind of thin rods do you use ? , I can visualize them , just don't know where to get them .

I get em at the garden center of the home improvement store. They have plastic ones that are about 3 feet long. Normally by the "tomato cages". If they don't have those, I have also used wooden dowel rods. Can usually find them at most hardware or hobby store.

I get em at the garden center of the home improvement store. They have plastic ones that are about 3 feet long. Normally by the "tomato cages". If they don't have those, I have also used wooden dowel rods. Can usually find them at most hardware or hobby store.
Thank you..............

Thank you..............
Any time! This is the place to ask. I'm just happy I had an answer that could help. Tons of great growers in these threads who love to help a fellow grower.

:passitleft:
-P

Back
Top Bottom