Topping clones

SWvoodoo

Hey all on my first hydro grow using a 600w mh in a 4x4x6'8" tent in it I've got a 4 pot recirc top fed dwc with about a 15 gallon capacity a 4way air pump running 4 stones a pump circulating in the res and another circulating to the plants at the moment im running a general hydroponic nutrient at half manufacturers directions (got an ec meter ordered) ph 6.0-6.2 temps are 68-78, 8 inch fan on speed controller for airflow passive intake.
ok I was just wondering if all seemed well with this setup? I was planning a scrog with this setup but am coming to realise with 4 plants in 1 container growing through a screen moving the tank will not be an option will simply flushing the system through with water be enough I have bungs on both res and tank or will I need to physically remove the main tank for scrubbing mid grow?
Also ive taken 4 clones I had planned on growing them to screen height then topping them in the conventional manner but I notice they are throwing alternating nodes therefore topping is really null and void as the lower branch will just take over as the apical shoot. Am I therefore left at fiming or bending/supercropping as the best alternative to make that bottom growth shoot hard and help fill that screen?
I hope this is readable.:hmmmm: Thanks in advance :thanks:

Thanks Gigabane for the reply. I've now dropped the ph a couple of points to the 5.8-6.0 range and added some h202 to the reserve( 3% @ 1ml/L) Previously I did have some browning and burning of one of my plants roots (possible pyth) so hopefully it helps I also replaced my standard air stones with ceramics, seem to produce a lot more bubbles. I've LSTed them and tied the main tip against the ground and kept training it there. Bottom growth has increased substantially(except for possible pyth case, much slower development) with the stem bent horizontal there is now multiple main tip growths and each of them seems to be getting a growth spurt. Lets hope the positives continue... I will update as things progress.

i couldnt tell you exactly. those numbers above were based on me trying to kill a fungus gnat infestation without harming the plants, and that is as rich as i dared push it. you can never really have too much oxygen in principle so its more of an economical descision.

if i was running a hydro system with say a 100l rez, i would definatly attempt 1 bottle of 9% in the rez every morning and thats probably a light dose. as long as your careful with consistent mearsurements and observations, i think its tweakable ;)

Ok I gave the girls a second dose of h202 at 2ml/L 24 hrs after the first dose and checked them 3 hrs later the whole system looks pristine. The rockwools were well covered with aluminium foil but still managed to accumulate some green and brown algaes which are now all gone, the wool looks brand new. Both plants unaffected by the suspected pyth are moving ahead in leaps and bounds and appear unaffected by the h2o2, if so its in a good manner. The infected plant seems to have received a root trimming from the h2o2 no burnt/browning ends but does seem to have lost a lot of roots in general all must have been affected by the pyth it doesn't seem to have taken much effect on the plant itself as yet although the newest growth did seem to look a little greener but growth in general has still stalled.

if you genuinly suspect the h202 has shrunk the roots, half the dose in your next attempt.
if all is clean and well all your looking to do now is just provide the maximum amount of oxygen the plant is happy to take, works perfect in combination with co2 drenching the canopy ;)

look around some hydro h2o2 journals to see if someone can improve your understanding beyond what i know =)

would love to see a journal my friend ;)

IMG00778-20120301-1936.jpg

Back
Top Bottom