Topping question...think I screwed up

beebop76

Hi all,
First grow here, I topped a few of my plants and they turned out fine. I think I did something stupid though one one of the topped plants.

I topped the very top of the plant and got the "Y" to grow out, but then I topped the two side branches on the later of leaves below that.

Basically, can you top anywhere and as much as you want to on a plant, OR do you HAVE to top the plant only on the very top of it? (that's a lot of usage of the word "top" but hopefully you get my question!)

you'd be amazed at works, there are time constraints for optimum results. there are far better ways to grow that topping!!!!! everything in moderation. never push her to hard youll get hard cannabis. (crap, substandard) good weed takes time and love!
lots of it!
i never top but cut all lower branches that get low light. this makes the upper flowers even bigger and better.
try bending instead of topping. gental bending does wonders for the entire plant. the branches will hold the weight of much heavier flowers without support.
member, mimic mother nature to the best of your abilities. air circulation temp moisture light food storms drought everything!!
peace

you'd be amazed at works, there are time constraints for optimum results. there are far better ways to grow that topping!!!!! everything in moderation. never push her to hard youll get hard cannabis. (crap, substandard) good weed takes time and love!
lots of it!
i never top but cut all lower branches that get low light. this makes the upper flowers even bigger and better.
try bending instead of topping. gental bending does wonders for the entire plant. the branches will hold the weight of much heavier flowers without support.
member, mimic mother nature to the best of your abilities. air circulation temp moisture light food storms drought everything!!
peace

I somewhat disagree on some of this, but some forms of super cropping such as topping, and "F.I.M." produce larger yields when done correctly. Check out some FIM grows youd be amazed at seeing 4 main colas instead of one.

:goodluck:

different strokes
i believe in no stress or harm to the plant
organics is alls i use. loads of love
the result is
102_3037.JPG
and
102_3038.JPG

and
102_3041.JPG

a perfect example of bending the last photo is of a mpk5 at day 23 of flower. looks like it will take a little longer to finish than others! this is cool.

Back
Top Bottom