Topping

Hi :)
I got these appearing on every branch now :) is this the beginning of flowering? there's seems to be lots and lots of them :) So how long do you think before there ready to crop? as will need help / info what to do with them when i cut them all off ? looking forward to chopping them down as now getting twitchy as my whole greenhouse is green from the outside :-/

Excited Snoffy :)

Attachments

• 20200917_074808.jpg
    20200917_074808.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20200917_074752.jpg
    20200917_074752.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi :)
I got these appearing on every branch now :) is this the beginning of flowering? there's seems to be lots and lots of them :) So how long do you think before there ready to crop? as will need help / info what to do with them when i cut them all off ? looking forward to chopping them down as now getting twitchy as my whole greenhouse is green from the outside :-/
Yes, they are the start of the buds. You plant is entering full blown flowering time.

You can start super-cropping any time you want. It does not involve cutting the buds off. It is a training method where the ends of the branches are bent down and the flowers allowed to continue growing.

Some growers bend the ends of the branch over and tie them to something so that they cannot straighten out again. Some will bend the end down and twist the stem at the same time to break the woody material inside. Then they might tie them down.

Do a google search on super cropping. If you do not like google then use your favorite search engine.

Do you know what strain they are? Do you know breeders estimate on run time? Since pistils just started appearing I would guess that you have at least 6 weeks before harvest. Do you have a jewelers loupe or 30/60 X mini microscope? You will need a scope to see the colors of the trichomes to accurately determite when to cut them. They are about $15 in grow shops or online or a good usb version is about $35. I just have the $15 cheapie and it gets the job done.

Do you know what strain they are? Do you know breeders estimate on run time? Since pistils just started appearing I would guess that you have at least 6 weeks before harvest. Do you have a jewelers loupe or 30/60 X mini microscope? You will need a scope to see the colors of the trichomes to accurately determite when to cut them. They are about $15 in grow shops or online or a good usb version is about $35. I just have the $15 cheapie and it gets the job done.

Thanks very much for the info :) another six weeks :-0 ok thanks, will look for a scope. will then need to find somewhere to dry them and how :)
thanks

Six weeks is a guess.... That strain info helps because you can read more info on the seed sellers website such as the breeders estimate on how long it takes to finish flowering. If the breeder say they are ready for harvest at 8 weeks then bear in mind that breeders give a very optimistic timeline because that’s the early side of the harvest window. Most growers know to add a week or two weeks to the breeders estimate. The last few weeks are when buds pack on weight and it’s a shame to miss that plus an early harvest can mean speedy weed that gives a 15 minute high followed by a headache.

But yes get that loupe soon so you will be able to view the trichs for yourself since the color of your trichs are the most accurate indication of when to harvest. Also you will need mini hygrometers to put in your jars. They are about 1 inch tall by 2 inches wide, usually a 6 or 8 pack is about $15. It may help to have some 62% Boveda packs. These tiny packets contain water in a 2 way membrane and help to keep your bud stored in the jar at the proper relative humidity,

Here is a whole thread dedicated to Harvest, Preparation and Curing. The low and slow method is really good and uses a fridge for the first part of the cure and then jars with burping. Harvest, Prep and Curing check it out.

Talking of Harvesting?
I have ordered a loupe to look at what i'm supposed to look at :-/ My buds seemed to appear i think a couple of weeks ago and loupe hopefully here this week. my concern is i took a pic of my buds this morning and zoomed in and i think the thinks are already milky? or am i looking at the wrong stuff or maybe i need much more magnification to see what i need to??
All help welcome
Thanks
Snoffy
20200926_112651.jpg

Attachments

• 20200926_112617.jpg
    20200926_112617.jpg
    909.7 KB · Views: 21
Glad to hear you have a scope coming, from viewing trichs to mite eggs it will help! Your girls has a plethora of pistils that are fresh & fluffy, she’s got a ways to go still. The trichs are the tiny rows of white specs you see on the leaves, that glitter or frost are the individual trichome glands where the bulbous trich heads will soon fill out. Looking good!

Mould???
Hi, i have now got my Loupe :) its very good and can now see the clear / slightly milky trichs :)
BUT having gone into greenhouse just have found what looks like rot or Mould?? we have had constant rain, really heavy rain for a week now so not really had a good look at them until tonight and found a few of the buds / flowers a diry grey/ browny mould. just come off in my fingers :-0 is this the end, is it to cold and wet for them now with being in the greenhouse??

Worried now :-/
20201005_174216.jpg

Attachments

• 20201005_174142.jpg
    20201005_174142.jpg
    807.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201005_174124.jpg
    20201005_174124.jpg
    899.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20201005_173356.jpg
    20201005_173356.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Ye that is the start of the rot... so sorry hear that, this will be purely down to RH or relative humidity which could spike with natural weather conditions effecting the green house environment.

Pff open all green house windows get that air flow going.

Oh for future notes monster cropping is referred to the act of pinching the stem tight as to crush it with breaking it in half & folding the branch/cola site over... great for controlling those strains which stretch to much in flower also ya get a slightly bigger yield as well.

Ye that is the start of the rot... so sorry hear that, this will be purely down to RH or relative humidity which could spike with natural weather conditions effecting the green house environment.

Pff open all green house windows get that air flow going.

Oh for future notes monster cropping is referred to the act of pinching the stem tight as to crush it with breaking it in half & folding the branch/cola site over... great for controlling those strains which stretch to much in flower also ya get a slightly bigger yield as well.
The start
is there anything i can do? i know its not ready yet, but do you think it would be worth harvesting what looks mould free right now?
dont want to loose it all :-( suppose could leave it longer and see how it goes on

Thanks for getting back

Never had it before - but I would chop out as much of the bad parts as possible...
then see If there’s anything to treat the plant with so it doesn’t spread any more
then get as much as air flow as possible take end caps off hoop or greenhouse get fan in there etc
I would try to delay harvest but - your call... early harvest is often15 minute speedy buzz & headache

Baking soda and water in a spray bottle, spray then pray then spray ten times more because prayers are not going to help you. The affected areas need drenching with that. 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 quart (2 liter) water. If your hand still works, you have still not sprayed enough. Save the trouble cut out the rot leave what you can and spray the rest till your hand falls off ;)

The start
is there anything i can do? i know its not ready yet, but do you think it would be worth harvesting what looks mould free right now?
dont want to loose it all :-( suppose could leave it longer and see how it goes on

Thanks for getting back

This is what it looks like later on.

Basically you are at an early stage of rot & I would be inclined to do a 110% inspection of your plants & remove all signs of rot.

This stuff will send spore outs which will effect other the parts of your flowers if not caught or nipped in bud quickly !

The best way to prevent bud rot is to understand what makes the mold thrive in the first place. Bud rot thrives in environments and plants with:

• High humidity
  • Mild temperatures
  • Poor ventilation
  • Dense foliage
  • Dense buds
  • Weak plant immune systems
Bud rot prevention begins with the type of strain you select for your garden. Sativas, having adapted to humid equatorial regions, tend to grow light, wispy, airy buds. With improved air flow in the buds, sativas often have superior mold resistance. Indicas, on the other hand, adapted to the dry mountainous regions of Asia, and grow denser buds that are more susceptible to mold if introduced to a humid climate. If humidity control is a concern, consider growing a plant that expresses itself with more airy, mold-resistant buds.

I suspect you may have High Humidity or RH in the green house with Poor Ventilation also with nights drawing in may cause mild lower temperatures with increase in RH.

If you can not improve the green house condition you may have get your plant outside for more air flow.

This is what it looks like later on.

Basically you are at an early stage of rot & I would be inclined to do a 110% inspection of your plants & remove all signs of rot.

This stuff will send spore outs which will effect other the parts of your flowers if not caught or nipped in bud quickly !

The best way to prevent bud rot is to understand what makes the mold thrive in the first place. Bud rot thrives in environments and plants with:

• High humidity
  • Mild temperatures
  • Poor ventilation
  • Dense foliage
  • Dense buds
  • Weak plant immune systems
Bud rot prevention begins with the type of strain you select for your garden. Sativas, having adapted to humid equatorial regions, tend to grow light, wispy, airy buds. With improved air flow in the buds, sativas often have superior mold resistance. Indicas, on the other hand, adapted to the dry mountainous regions of Asia, and grow denser buds that are more susceptible to mold if introduced to a humid climate. If humidity control is a concern, consider growing a plant that expresses itself with more airy, mold-resistant buds.

I suspect you may have High Humidity or RH in the green house with Poor Ventilation also with nights drawing in may cause mild lower temperatures with increase in RH.

If you can not improve the green house condition you may have get your plant outside for more air flow.
^ bookmarked :thanks:

I did not read from the beginning, but that tidbit above it gold!

Take advantage of the search feature "bud rot" will sadly bring up a lot of info. I also have a couple of great bud rot visuals linked in my signature, sorry you're past identifying it.
You need to mine for it, but someone has documented their trials... that really sucks :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom