Leaf Tips Browning

Snoffy

Hi Again :cool:
Seem to have ran into my first issue since planting? my 3 little friends here are all I have growing. they are now 31 days old. nearly a foot tall and really started filling out. they like i have said in earlier post were planted straight into peat based compost. i am looking at getting hold of some Mega Grow but have not as yet. i bring these in at night and there in the greenhouse during the day apart from when its glorious Devon sunshine like today and i leave them on the table in the hot sun. everything has been going great until today when i noticed this browning on the lower leaves on the Skunk XL, the Two Gorilla seem unaffected. any idea please? is the direct sun burning them? i have been watering them every few days when the pots are light. was going to start leaving them in the greenhouse full time but now unsure whats affected them
Many Thanks
Snoffy

Attachments

• 20200526_145549.jpg
    20200526_145549.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200526_145627.jpg
    20200526_145627.jpg
    766.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200526_145605.jpg
    20200526_145605.jpg
    787.5 KB · Views: 57
I think your skunk plant thinks the soil is a lil hot meaning too much nitrogen or salt build up in the soil. Give her a nice drink of no nutrients and corrected ph and ppm fresh water and think she will be fine. :)

Ermm, i havent given them any nutrients since they were born, they have been in that compost since day one. i watered them heaverly last night as not been watered for few days and that browning happened before my eyes as wasnt there 8am then appeard and got worse quickly as day went on? thats why thought maybe the sun as there not normally in it direct?

:cool: wow, great pic
well i know it aint you sat on the grass hey :)
I'm from the north, Manchester, but i know those boy's from Liverpool :thumb:
been in Devon for 26 years, love it
where you now then?

The mancunian scene was also great (Happy mondays the smiths the Stone Roses..) but the Beatles are the Beatles : D
Was in holiday in the Manchester area 3 years ago, the lake district was really beautiful.
Now i'm back to italia, the stay in the uk was with the european students exchange program, studied marine biology in plymouth

Cool picture! Your leaf damage looks to be a magnesium deficiency. I hope your megacrop comes in quickly, the plants have a lot more needs than that medium can supply. For now I would add some calmag if you have it around.
Thanks will get on it. weird that just the one? there all in same stuff and same age? but will look for some this weekend
Thanks

Any time you go to a harsher environment with any plant, harden it off first. Give it 15 minutes in the new place, then back to original for 15 minutes. Then half hour, and finally an hour. Your plant then is acclimated.
yes did put them straight outside in the sun, but it was there second day? there in greenhouse now :rolleyes:

The mancunian scene was also great (Happy mondays the smiths the Stone Roses..) but the Beatles are the Beatles : D
Was in holiday in the Manchester area 3 years ago, the lake district was really beautiful.
Now i'm back to italia, the stay in the uk was with the european students exchange program, studied marine biology in plymouth
very good :thumb: italia very nice too :cool: yes some great music out of Manchester

hi :)
well there's sort of air flow, its that hot over here at the moment the window is fully open and the door is wide open and its still 30'C in there. gave them some veg food i had handy, its got magnesium in they looking ok. some bottom leaves are still browning and crispy buts there lots of new shoots growing near the main stem on the branches where the leaves are browning if that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom