• you're dumb if you DO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • you're dumb if you DON'T

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roaring lion

hey ya'll,

i've got 10 gallon fabric pots arriving on tuesday and i'm ready to transplant when the planters arrive
current planter size is 4 Gallon and 5 gallon plastic, some with drain trays, all have drain holes
week 14 veg; germinated may 6th, popped from soil may 12th
can see roots at drain holes
3 jack herer feminized, 1 hash passion
outdoor in soil, composted manure, black earth
new leaf growth at tops still prevalent, leaves still unfurling
some pistils present a few nodes below growing tops, but no active flower growth/development at flower sites
not sure to call this veg or flowering stage
everything i'm reading says it is a dicey move to transplant during the switch and i'm definitely in the mix for this stage
could lead to loss of crop, reduced yields, delayed flowering or just low production overall if transplanted and they go into shock

so, YES or NO to the transplant?

Attachments

• hererpistiltop.jpg
    hererpistiltop.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 125
  • herertop.jpg
    herertop.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 129
  • newgrowth.jpg
    newgrowth.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 130
  • stillgrowing.jpg
    stillgrowing.jpg
    664.2 KB · Views: 135
  • top nodal area.jpg
    top nodal area.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 134
  • closeupoftopnode.jpg
    closeupoftopnode.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 136
  • hashplant.jpg
    hashplant.jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Sindy.jpg
    Sindy.jpg
    969 KB · Views: 152
  • stillunfurling.jpg
    stillunfurling.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 132
Wow, I grew a Jack Herer plant in a container that was only a few gallons in capacity and it literally took over the (indoor) grow space during an extended growth phase period. I bet one grown in a 10-gallon container, and outdoors (in a sunny region) could easily become large enough to hide in, lol.

Yeah, if the plant is rootbpund and showing signs of suffering from it, then go ahead and transplant to a larger container (as always, "with care"). The plant may or may not take advantage of the entire expanded root space - but I'll almost certainly utilize some of it.

This could cause a bit of a "pause" in aboveground development while it's producing more root mass, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Do it....
One slow week will be made up in no time when they realise they have all that extra room.
As long as its not in 12 12, should be good (but, at that size it IS a pain in the ass.)
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom