Transplanting and unbelievable root growth

lol, I want to have that problem very badly. Please tell us more about these microbes... this deserves a very good look.
Sorry for the wait, they are photos... Xtreme gardening mycos. And I used Stonington blend platinum growers mix... Thing is though I kept most of them under my 600 watt led scorpion rspec lights... When I had first moved them under them lights from a t5 and into a bigger tent I got worried that they were stunting so I moved a couple back under the t5. In the bigger tent with the better lights even though they were under leds I was having a hard time keeping the temp perfect, plus the lights have a dimming switch with 10 turns but the first turn did nothing so I wasn't sure how strong I should set them plus how close I should keep the lights... Anyway the couple that I kept under the t5s did have root growth from the bottom but no where near the growth of the ones under the scorpions...
I had some autos to but put them in 3 gals and 5 gals... I got less than 10 days away and
IMG_20210724_215829479~2.jpg
IMG_20210724_215829479~3.jpg
now last night I noticed this I'll post the pic..

Idk how others feel, I would personally not leave the bottom of the pot on the roots, I would just set the pot in some water to make sure it is soft, and I would just pull it out and let it make new roots. I just wouldn't feel good about foreign material inside of my rootball .... you don't know how it will affect water retention etc.
Also personally, I would say wait, high 90s is a bit extreme for a welcome to the outside..... tho it would probably be ok to put them in a fully shaded spot for a few hours in that temp.
Yep, just pull it off you're right.

So here I am again...

I waited a little to long to transplant my seedlings.... Its been about a week 6 days to be exact.. I transplanted them from a cup to a 1 gallon smart pot... Last year I had clones this time started from seed... Well today's day 6 but around day 2 maybe day 3 I noticed huge root growth through the bottom of the pots... Single roots longer than my fingers.. what's crazy is they probably broke through the bottom on day 1.... Anyway now I'm worried about transplanting them again... They seemed to be shocked for about a day from the last time I transplanted.... I waited to long to transplant so some of the plants had a ring at the bottom of cup... I was worried they would be negitivley effected and would die or not be great.. but after that one day of shock or whatever they exploded... So now Im sitting here stuck worried about how I am gonna transplant them without hurting them because of all the roots coming out of the bottom... I was thinking of cutting the sides of the pot off and just transplanting the plant with the bottom of the pot still attached... I really want to know what you guys think about this... Another thing too they were under a t5 while in the cups and they did great... Like I said before I wanted a little to long to transplant.... I was dealing with crazy heat record breaking... I had ordered a ac weeks before and the day it was supposed to get delivered kept getting pushed back.... Then my buddy that was gonna install it kept running in to unexpected problems so it took way to long and got me crazy depressed...anyway they all were under the t5 in the beginning... When I transplanted them I out them under a scorpion rspec 600 watt at about half power... What the company recommended... I transplanted them late in the night too.. the next day the seemed shocked and hurt and stunted my world crashed.... I wasn't sure if it was the lights strength how close the light was... I didn't know so I adjusted the strength and the height... And I also put a couple of the plants back under the t5... At this point they are all doining great... The ones I put under the t5 are showing good growth just like the rest under the rspecs... the ones under the t5 have some roots coming from the bottom but nothing compared to the ones under the rspecs... LoL .. prob wrote way to much.... Been really worried about this though so please anybody everybody let me know how I should transplant the plants with extreme roots coming through the bottom of plant. And if I should wait a little bit longer or do it right away....

Just read what u wrote while writing it it seemed like a book... I will attach some pics so u guys can see exactly what I mean... I was planning on bringing them outside I was thinking the 1 g to a 5 g then to a 10 g... The way they are growing now seems like maybe I should buy something bigger.... When I do transplant should I put them in a 5 what do you guys think... In a few days we got another heat wave coming to I'm nervous about it I'm wondering if I should wait till the wave is over... I guess that's another question I have... You guys think I should wait.... I'm honestly few weeks behind... My plan was to have them out at the beginning of the month or close to it... Honestly I'm thinking I made the right move because we had a lot of heat... And even with that bad heat there were a few nights that were actually pretty cold to... Anyway can't wait to hear back.
Throw away the fabric pots and get airpots. Even small one's. Here's what happens when you try to root bind a plant in a 50 litre air pot. Try one, all my mates did when I told them. They all use air pots now.

20210327_182237 (1).jpg

20210327_182341 (1).jpg

20210327_190910 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom