Transplanting Large Plants

That looks amazing brother that's a big girl for sure ! If she ain't 280 she ain't a lady ,,,,, I'm just going to be doing this in the awkwardness of inside my home
Inside we do the same thing day one of the flip and day 45
Day 1 of the flip.jpg
IMG_20201229_132648_hdr.jpg

Interesting big cat if I fill the 10g about 1/4 full put her in there and just Jackie Chan the pot off with knife then dump soil around filling her in ?
I wouldn't... you need those side roots to grow out. Just fill it in along the edges just like you would any other. I'd be sure to have a buddy help. I just did a couple of 5'ers... ended up securing the main with a bamboo stake because I thought it was going to fall over.

Basically lol

If you have issues pulling it out of pot , than just cut off pot and transplant to new container.
Well that back up plan is a confidence booster for sure thanks for all the help everyone will problem be hearing from me again when the time comes I hope you all had a amazing Christmas and unreal hunting season

I wouldn't... you need those side roots to grow out. Just fill it in along the edges just like you would any other. I'd be sure to have a buddy help. I just did a couple of 5'ers... ended up securing the main with a bamboo stake because I thought it was going to fall over.
Oh.. nevermind. I thought you were saying to just cut the bottom out of it.:bong:

Well that back up plan is a confidence booster for sure thanks for all the help everyone will problem be hearing from me again when the time comes I hope you all had a amazing Christmas and unreal hunting season
Your welcome!

This is why we are here to help when the time comes, and its better that you inform yourself prior to time needed, as it will make you more aware of possible issues and how to deal with them, if you run into a snag, you will be able to adjust on the fly!

Good luck and ditto my friend!

don't water it for a day, grab at base of plant and tilt plant and pot sideways (pot still touching ground on corner) and run your worst samurai sword around pot to seperate root ball, well doing this start hopping on 1 foot around in circle allowing pot and plant to spin in circle with you. Use your other foot to kick pot off plants well hopping around.

note: please use caution smoking a joint will be difficult well doing this:blunt:

I did one from 5 gallon to a 16 gallon tub and couldn’t pull the rootball out. Helps if the plant / soil is bone dry. Mine still wouldn’t come out so I cut the bucket in half - but don’t use a sawzall or electric hacksaw. I used a Dremel or Rockwell vibrating cutter so the bit or blade woukd not go deep and shred the roots. I elevated bucket and cut the bottom in half and went up 2 inches on each side, then placed the whole thing in inside of the new container and cut from top down each side, slide the bucket halves out and kept on trucking

I did one from 5 gallon to a 16 gallon tub and couldn’t pull the rootball out. Helps if the plant / soil is bone dry. Mine still wouldn’t come out so I cut the bucket in half - but don’t use a sawzall or electric hacksaw. I used a Dremel or Rockwell vibrating cutter so the bit or blade woukd not go deep and shred the roots. I elevated bucket and cut the bottom in half and went up 2 inches on each side, then placed the whole thing in inside of the new container and cut from top down each side, slide the bucket halves out and kept on trucking
I'm hoping to give it the one two tug like Beantown said if not I'll be cutting

Yeah TraLa dropped this nugget in her journal the other day.... dryer than a fuck without foreplay. It’s hard to find quality journalism like that!
I uppot large plants very regularly. If you push in the sides or the pot like you trying to put a dent in it. Do that the whole way around to break the seal roots and soil have on pot. Might take a few times to get her free.
it you have a decent root mass it will pull all media out with it and hold it all together. Have your next put prepped and ready just drop it in add your microhizen or what ever your adding and fill.
It’s really quite simple don’t worry
it’ll be fine.

Hey guys I just thought I would do an update on my transplant I ended up just dumping her over and curling the bitch like hulk hogan on meth I did not expect it to be this root bound already I might have to transplant out of this 10g in the near future,,, anyways this was a first large transplant and I just wanted to say thank you for all the help,, hopefully my plant will do well
20210111_192305.jpg
20210111_192251.jpg
20210111_191637.jpg
20210111_190541.jpg

Hey guys I just thought I would do an update on my transplant I ended up just dumping her over and curling the bitch like hulk hogan on meth I did not expect it to be this root bound already I might have to transplant out of this 10g in the near future,,, anyways this was a first large transplant and I just wanted to say thank you for all the help,, hopefully my plant will do well
20210111_192305.jpg
20210111_192251.jpg
20210111_191637.jpg
20210111_190541.jpg
Very nice work my friend. New pots look good. They are all around great looking, what else can I say.

Back
Top Bottom