Trichomes a myth?

Grassmaster

I grew this auto flower a while back. Bigger than normal plants but not as much trichones as normal. Trichomes very small not very frosty. I considered the strain a dud and harvested a bigger than normal amount. Been in the jars for about a year or so. Doesn't smell that good either. Not very sticky so I decided to use it for joints for my poor friends. When burning it smells good? And it only takes one good hit and your wasted?

My last grow had some plants loaded with trichomes and resin. Smells sweet and spicy. I jarred the harvest about a week ago. Just tested it by rolling a joint. Took a pretty good hit off the joint. Didn't get very high? Maybe it has to cure for a while?

You just can't tell if you have good smoke or not until you smoke it.

Or maybe trichomes are just sap. You get high off of something else you can't monitor.
If trichs didn’t get you high then hash wouldn’t be a thing.

It has to do with the total amount of THC. There can be less trichs that contain more THC in one plant and more trichs that contain less in another.

There are high CBD strains that have tons of trichs and don’t get you high at all because they don’t have much THC.

:passitleft:

If trichs didn’t get you high then hash wouldn’t be a thing.

It has to do with the total amount of THC. There can be less trichs that contain more THC in one plant and more trichs that contain less in another.

There are high CBD strains that have tons of trichs and don’t get you high at all because they don’t have much THC.

:passitleft:

Yeah. I looked at the description of the seeds. The strong one (Jock Horror) has the highest level of THC with an upper medium level of CBD. The less potent one (OG Kush) has an upper medium level of THC with an upper medium CBD. The OG Kush is still strong enough and very popular.....
Our tip for this strain: This is a great strain if you like a sativa high over an indica one, but don’t have the room to handle the height a typical sativa can grow to. We are sure you have already guessed, this is a great strain for crossing and creating a brand new green baby. She easily has some of the most stable genetics around.

What we love about this strain: A fantastic strain for those that like to use marijuana for both recreational- and medical use. Many medical patients are drawn to this strain for it’s ability to help with ADHD, migraines, and stress-related disorders.

I grew this auto flower a while back. Bigger than normal plants but not as much trichones as normal. Trichomes very small not very frosty. I considered the strain a dud and harvested a bigger than normal amount. Been in the jars for about a year or so. Doesn't smell that good either. Not very sticky so I decided to use it for joints for my poor friends. When burning it smells good? And it only takes one good hit and your wasted?

My last grow had some plants loaded with trichomes and resin. Smells sweet and spicy. I jarred the harvest about a week ago. Just tested it by rolling a joint. Took a pretty good hit off the joint. Didn't get very high? Maybe it has to cure for a while?

You just can't tell if you have good smoke or not until you smoke it.
Some ppl think it has to do with the LED lights. I just harvested a pkant that had minimal frost. Trichomes didnt turn . they got cloudy but only a few n i mean a few were amber. So i harvested and took a sample and was wasted! So who knows as long as o get the medicinal effects idc haha.

Trichomes do exist virginia....
THC doesnt live anywhere else.
Aged pot is good , but a good smoke should show,its,true,colours after 2-3 months.

Freshies, if its good weed - taste great going into the curing jars.

I've had weed I couldn't stand the smell of after dry. Old spice smell. Then after 3 month cure it tasted like orange candy and got me high AF.

Weed snob alert:

I think it all depends. :passitleft:

I think the leaves contain a trace amount of THC-in high school,the pot was nothing but leaves (and seeds and stems) ,and it would get you high,but (for me,anyway) it took 5 or 6 joints-and that high was not even close to what 2 hits of "good shit" will do now.

Those Fan leaves have trichomes on them.
Im glad I never have to smoke leaf again...lol
love the pc lowrider. makes great leaf hash due to amount of trichs it kicks out too. I harvested at 8 weeks and kicked myself for not going 1 more week. still a great smoke even early. I think sadly when younger we could get "pissed up" on Coke with an aspirin" if "encouraged" enough by everybody elses claims and faked use of it together.lol
We bought some "weed" at 16 off a "black guy" i worked with .( ALL black people used weed everyday in stereotypical Britain of the early 80's !!!!) We smoked it and had a blast but i suspected the validity as it tasted like spices.lol( turned out it was thyme and he gave me my money back at work days later laughing!) My friends continued to talk about how wrecked when they had weed once for a few years after.!! never had the heart to tell them.

I've ran some regular low grade bag seeds next to higher grade cannabis seeds. I wanted to see if environment also played a role. Bag seeds looked a bit better than what I had originally bought. It didn't show nearly as many trichomes as the feminized high grade seeds. Overall even after the cure the colas that had an abundant amount trichomes surpassed the bag seed in both taste, smell and longevity of high. Also some resin glands depending on the strains have small glands. Even with a 60x and 30x loupe was quite difficult to see.

Those Fan leaves have trichomes on them.

Good source for dry-sift hash making. OR just hoard up the trichomes for a rainy day party. Good stuff - like this VVV

Smoking leaves.. wow ouch. Nowa-daze some of my fan leaves actually tastes pretty decent. Sticky AF and get you high too.

The fans usally have trichomes on the btm side of the leaf or more so like this

Back
Top Bottom