Trichs - How long from cloudy to amber in a jar?

SolMJ

Hello 420,

Can anyone say how long it takes for trichs to go from cloudy to amber when stored in a jar??

:thanks:

The trichs stop maturing once you harvest the plant, so if you harvested when they were cloudy then that's what you're stuck with, if you wanted some amber then you should of waited longer.

The trichs stop maturing once you harvest the plant, so if you harvested when they were cloudy then that's what you're stuck with, if you wanted some amber then you should of waited longer.

Cheers for the info canna, i've got a while before harvest though...:allgood:

I've heard it does mature/degrade more in the jar actually. I've heard quite a few people say this, including OldMedUser. I've never paid attention though, myself.

I would have thought that in time buds will degrade...I assume this degradation is the same as when they're flowering i.e. clear, cloudy, amber then increasingly darker untill its just dried herb. This process isnt quick but would be good to know how much time roughly...useful info for those who need to store they're latest harvest.

I would have thought that in time buds will degrade...I assume this degradation is the same as when they're flowering i.e. clear, cloudy, amber then increasingly darker untill its just dried herb. This process isnt quick but would be good to know how much time roughly...useful info for those who need to store they're latest harvest.

SolMJ, I would go as far as describing the trichomes during the flowering stage as "maturing" rather then "degrading".

As the trichomes proceed through the flowering stage a clear trichomes would be an example of an immature trichome. As they mature they become "Ripe".

After you harvest and cure they aren't degrading they are maturing. This is why we put them in an air tight jar with minimal oxygen. Oxygen is the element responsible for degrading the THC. The more they're exposed to it the more degrading that takes place.

In my research I came across an article that states that the optimal time for curing is 2 months and anything over 6 months in a jar they begin to degrade. Where I read this though, I'm not certain.

I hope I kinda answered your question.

Cheers, SolMJ!

SolMJ, I would go as far as describing the trichomes during the flowering stage as "maturing" rather then "degrading".

As the trichomes proceed through the flowering stage a clear trichomes would be an example of an immature trichome. As they mature they become "Ripe".

After you harvest and cure they aren't degrading they are maturing. This is why we put them in an air tight jar with minimal oxygen. Oxygen is the element responsible for degrading the THC. The more they're exposed to it the more degrading that takes place.

In my research I came across an article that states that the optimal time for curing is 2 months and anything over 6 months in a jar they begin to degrade. Where I read this though, I'm not certain.

I hope I kinda answered your question.

Cheers, SolMJ!

Nice explanation pigeons thanks, I only hope they don't degrade too much after 6months in a jar though lol! Is bud not still good after even a few years in an airtight jar?

That's something I haven't experimented or read about.

But I can assure you that I've had bud curing for longer than 6 months and when I open it it smokes very good!

The times I've had bud aged six months or more - it was great! I'm not sure how much it degrades, but if there's a minor drop in thc- it would be compensated for by the increase in flavor and smoothness. I think if it's stored well it can still be great for at least a couple years and probably longer. No doubt for the very long time periods it would be all about the storage method used.

Back
Top Bottom