Trim critique please

I try to gently snip the stem of the sugar leafs so the entire tiny leaf falls off , then ill go haircut style on it once I can't see the stem , that's one big Coca-Cola you go girl ! Even Bob from bobs burger looks surprised by it ,
IMG_20201229_145029_522.jpg
How do they become so "Frosty" potassium? I live in NewZealand. And I'm just 2weeks into flowering.

How do they become so "Frosty" potassium? I live in NewZealand. And I'm just 2weeks into flowering.
Hello!

I think once they have a certain level of basic environmental needs properly met, it's really up to genetics. Even then individual plants, phenotypes, can vary a bit within a single strain.

During trim, training, and harvest/cure careful handling helps to keep trichomes on buds.

That's a hard question to answer there are thousands of reasons or theories as to why buds will be so frosty , the first one being genetics ,, but I've grown that strain multiple times with the last grow being the frostiest , I learned what it could handle and push it to the limit with feeding in the photo you can see the slight browning of the leaf tips , I think of trichomes like sunblock , in flower on that grow I ran a red spec led and when the lights went out the plant felt the pain so she put on more sun block, I also believe it is important to feed until the very end of the grow that's when plants need the most food, if you are worried about harsh taste with no flush just ensure you are curing properly I believe a good cure will make it smoother then any flush, A little bit of stress might help trichome production , trichomes are what protect the plant from various things, harvesting at the correct time I believe plays a big role as well , I've learned the last weeks of flower is when the buds pack on the most weight and frosty goodness , a little patients goes a long way , and basic proper care goes along way as well, I fallow this guy on here Backlipslide he does great videos on his page helping with easy plant care , this chick named Emily on here has a great thread on how to water correctly , and I fallow the manufacturer recommendations for feeding 80 % of the plants life some nerd in a lab coat did all the hard work in knowing how that product works , please understand this is my opinions and might all not be correct info , but I hope I helped and answered your question sir , have a awesome day and hell yeah brother!
20201227_151123.jpg
20201227_151117.jpg
IMG_20201223_164842_831.jpg
20201222_180612.jpg

That's a hard question to answer there are thousands of reasons or theories as to why buds will be so frosty , the first one being genetics ,, but I've grown that strain multiple times with the last grow being the frostiest , I learned what it could handle and push it to the limit with feeding in the photo you can see the slight browning of the leaf tips , I think of trichomes like sunblock , in flower on that grow I ran a red spec led and when the lights went out the plant felt the pain so she put on more sun block, I also believe it is important to feed until the very end of the grow that's when plants need the most food, if you are worried about harsh taste with no flush just ensure you are curing properly I believe a good cure will make it smoother then any flush, A little bit of stress might help trichome production , trichomes are what protect the plant from various things, harvesting at the correct time I believe plays a big role as well , I've learned the last weeks of flower is when the buds pack on the most weight and frosty goodness , a little patients goes a long way , and basic proper care goes along way as well, I fallow this guy on here Backlipslide he does great videos on his page helping with easy plant care , this chick named Emily on here has a great thread on how to water correctly , and I fallow the manufacturer recommendations for feeding 80 % of the plants life some nerd in a lab coat did all the hard work in knowing how that product works , please understand this is my opinions and might all not be correct info , but I hope I helped and answered your question sir , have a awesome day and hell yeah brother!
20201227_151123.jpg
20201227_151117.jpg
IMG_20201223_164842_831.jpg
20201222_180612.jpg
o_O o_O o_O The second from the bottom :green_heart:

Ya know the trichome as sunblock isn't a terrible theory. I assumed they were for communicating with pollinators. I've found bees stuck to my plants so unless the plant is trying to say 'you're gonna die in my sticky goo' I don't think I'm remotely correct :D

Ha ha! I was going to call one outdoor plant I had fly paper cuz it always had flying insects ants and fireflies... always stuck to it... lol... this is funny. Yo this wonderful woman @Emilya is an og and you should read everything she posts... lol. Ha ha ” this chick named Emily on here has a great thread on how to water correctly... That is the truth.

Ha ha! I was going to call one outdoor plant I had fly paper cuz it always had flying insects ants and fireflies... always stuck to it... lol... this is funny. Yo this wonderful woman @Emilya is an og and you should read everything she posts... lol. Ha ha ” this chick named Emily on here has a great thread on how to water correctly... That is the truth.
Emilya, sorry auto correct

You in New Zealand bro! Ain’t that where they filmed lord of the rings! It soooo pretty there! I’m jealous!!!! Grrr. Lol

sugaree! Try sugaree from advanced molecular family... if you can find it... it’s like they extract the good stuff outta molasses... idk how it works. It does though... lol. And it smells like red bull. Lol

What? You never watched lord of the “ my precious”!!! Bro, eat a handful of mushrooms before you start it! Well the first movie is good to watch trippin but the others are kinda scary.
I read a lot of science fiction style writing and occasionally some fantasy. Just could not get into the Tolkien stuff even though it seemed like everyone else was reading his stuff.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with fantasy stories, just not what I like reading or watching. But, I did like the TV series Game of Thrones but have not read the books but I have read some of Martin's older s-f. Got the DVDs of The Expanse from the library so Season 4 is on the schedule for some TV watching this weekend.

I read a lot of science fiction style writing and occasionally some fantasy. Just could not get into the Tolkien stuff even though it seemed like everyone else was reading his stuff.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with fantasy stories, just not what I like reading or watching. But, I did like the TV series Game of Thrones but have not read the books but I have read some of Martin's older s-f. Got the DVDs of The Expanse from the library so Season 4 is on the schedule for some TV watching this weekend.
Heinlein, Bradbury, and Dick are my favs <3

Back
Top Bottom