Trimming in flower?

Growdatshitblood

Hi just flipped these 5 days ago should I trim or leave it or where should I trim if I should lol??

Attachments

• 1590311506619472274198746785464.jpg
    1590311506619472274198746785464.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 15903116095888980697074471419265.jpg
    15903116095888980697074471419265.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 32
You should be careful trimming anything in flower.
I wouldn't take anything for the first couple of weeks.
You might find the stretch at the start of flower which will open her up a little any way
Once past the first couple of weeks I take a little here and there, just the lower growth that won't get enough light being careful not to take too much at once and stress the plant.
Another thing I do is tuck any upper fan leaves blocking budsites.
Just tuck them under to let light to the budsites, they will move back so it's a constant battle but worth it in the end.

You should be careful trimming anything in flower.
I wouldn't take anything for the first couple of weeks.
You might find the stretch at the start of flower which will open her up a little any way
Once past the first couple of weeks I take a little here and there, just the lower growth that won't get enough light being careful not to take too much at once and stress the plant.
Another thing I do is tuck any upper fan leaves blocking budsites.
Just tuck them under to let light to the budsites, they will move back so it's a constant battle but worth it in the end.
@Billpopy79 thank you il leave it alone so.

Hey Growdat, I go with the theory that for around 3 weeks after flip, the plant is setting herself up hormonally for flowering. If I strip leaves off during that time I will compromise her ability to finish what she wants to do and have a smaller yield. When I see the stretch is over I feel free to take a leave where I think it needs to be taken. Normally I take a few leaves and tuck the rest. Another thing at the end of stretch I do is cut any branches that don't contribute to a good plant structure and also cleaning up(removing growth) the bottom 1/3 or so of the plant.

Hey Growdat, I go with the theory that for around 3 weeks after flip, the plant is setting herself up hormonally for flowering. If I strip leaves off during that time I will compromise her ability to finish what she wants to do and have a smaller yield. When I see the stretch is over I feel free to take a leave where I think it needs to be taken. Normally I take a few leaves and tuck the rest. Another thing at the end of stretch I do is cut any branches that don't contribute to a good plant structure and also cleaning up(removing growth) the bottom 1/3 or so of the plant.
Thanks @stoneotter i had to take two small fan leaves off one of the top colas as they got badly burnt they got too close to lights.Will this affect it? I managed to make more room by taking out the bottom shelf they wer on in the grow area. Hopefully il have enough room now. Thanks for that and il get back onto you when the stretch is over if dat ok. Cheers

Thanks @stoneotter i had to take two small fan leaves off one of the top colas as they got badly burnt they got too close to lights.Will this affect it? I managed to make more room by taking out the bottom shelf they wer on in the grow area. Hopefully il have enough room now. Thanks for that and il get back onto you when the stretch is over if dat ok. Cheers
Shouldn't bother it. Some of us do a complete strip (looks like a wet cat) 3 times during a grow. Heavy defoliation is something different than picking a few troublesome leaves. Are you familiar with supercropping?

@stoneotter to the rescue :high-five: :popcorn:

I never top after going into flower, I do however usually take lower leaves and some time small lower branches, but only a few at a time ( a couple small branches and maybe 10 to 12 fan leaves per watering/feeding)

And BTW Growdat, datshit looking good :rofl::thumb:

Shouldn't bother it. Some of us do a complete strip (looks like a wet cat) 3 times during a grow. Heavy defoliation is something different than picking a few troublesome leaves. Are you familiar with supercropping?
Not really is it tieing the main branch down?I kindof done that for the one I didnt top just learning as I go.from ye lol.

Not really is it tieing the main branch down?I kindof done that for the one I didnt top just learning as I go.from ye lol.
Kind of but no. It's used when a branch is growing too close to the light for one. I don't have reference material but I'll try to explain.
I take a branch that is going awry and look where it might be bent over and placed in order to, 1 Bring it away from the light and 2 Make it end up in a place where it will be getting light and not taking light away from other colas.

It wouldn't be uncommon to use any amount of length from the top down. A foot might be common for me. Every one can be different. I first take my thumb and pointer finger and put the stem between them. Then I roll the stem with considerable pressure on the stem between them until I feel the inners of the stem popping inside. At this point the stem should be pretty bendy at the spot and will bend over horizontally and just lie there. I take something to tie it down or it will want to grow back straight again. In a few days it develops a knuckle at the bend and is better than new growing where you want it. If you search around I bet there's pics of the process.

Back
Top Bottom