Trimming questions

nightswake

hey everyone so I have a few questions about trimming how much do you trim and more importantly why? I have read a bit about it so I get that espiecally indoors you should trim but what about outdoors do you still have to?

anyways if theres any good articles anyone could point me at id be thankfull I'm growing outdoors and I'm starting to think I should trim a bit but I'm not sure

p614.jpg

what do you think does she need a haircut?

Even outdoor plants need to have air circulation. You do not have to trim or prune that is a fact, but what also is a fact is if you do no trimming or pruning you will have a larger amount of pop corn buds on your plant. Think of your branches like water pipes that carry nutrients to the buds, if it is a spindly little branch chances are you will not get big dense buds on that branch but the buds will grow on the branch. Myself, I prefer to cut out the small spindly branches and allow the plant to use the energy it would have used on those branches on branches that will produce big dense buds. Though once the buds start it does require going through daily and de-budding your branches, which unfortunately for me I do not have that kind of free time but by doing it at least once a week it does produce more big buds then if you just let the plant do it's own thing.

When I refer to de-budding I am talking about removing buds that are not near the top of the branch and will never fill in no matter how long you hold off before chopping the branch.

hey thanks for the responses so far I have only trimmed leaves that got damaged from hail but ill keep in mind air circulation. I'm lucky my roomie has grown before so I'm gonna follow her lead in the trimming department but I want to know more right

Back
Top Bottom