True Blue - Bubblegum #1 - Blueberry x WhiteBoy - First Time Hydro

Stank.Nuggs

Hello fellow stoners! So, quite a few years of soil experience, and 2 semi-successful Aero crops, I'm ready to try some sort of hydro setup. Here is my plan...

Today I started germinating 6 TrueBlue(Original Blueberry from DJ Short), 14 Blueberry x Whiteboy, and 12 Bubblegum #1. Let me break the strains down for you.

1) TrueBlue aka Blueberry. We all know about DJ Short and his WONDERFUL breeding of strains. So after a trip to Oregon last summer, I was able to get ahold of some True. I picked up 12 seeds and grew 6 prior, those producing 4 females and 2 males. 1 of the males I pollenated the rest of the TrueBlue with, but using the 2nd male for pollen collection/extraction. Stored for about 2 months.

2) Blueberry x Whiteboy. This one starts way back in the beginning of 2009. I took a WhiteRhino female and pollenated it with WhiteWidow. My understanding of the strains is WhiteRhino(AK47xWhiteWidow) crossed with WhiteWidow again, stabilizes the WhiteWidow traits, while adding the AK47 traits to the mix, therefor giving me what I deemed "Whiteboy". While flowering my Whiteboy (or should I say whitegirl?), I decided to dust them with the TrueBlue pollen, thus giving me some BlueberryxWhiteboy. I didn't stabilize this strain, so I dont know if ALL will be BlueBoy or if i'll just get a mixture, but I figured I was close enough.

3) Doggies Nuts Bubblegum #1. This is a delicious bouquet of grape flavoured bubblegum derived from the original Bubblegum, that I had laying around from an order recently from the UK, they threw these in free. I'm weary about free things, but we'll see how they do for shits and giggles. Dont really know too much about it, but whatever.

In my room currently are 4 NL#5 clones, a Golden Goat mother, and some Northern Lights #5 that I crossed with some Golden Goat pollen from the dispensary, and I'm calling Golden Lights. They should be done Feb. 17.

Here's what I want to do. Basically, I need to know what I have to get to get started, like BASICS. Money is really tight and until we sell some Bluenose puppies, it will continue to be. Im going tonight with my lady and picking up some Rockwool cubes, a tray, and probably another few CFL's, but hoping to score a cheap T5 system. I was wondering if I can kinda keep the seeds in the rockwool for a week or two, sitting in the tray? Will this cause problems? I dont want root rot, or anything of the sort, but I also can't stop my seed breeds and production rate. Im aiming to revolutionize strain crosses, as with many other people. So, with all this said, CAN ANYBODY point me in the right direction? I would be GREATLY appreciative. Your talking with a long time organic soil man, finally ready to jump on the Hydro boat...

P.S. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont reply asking for specifics on my room/ lighting/ etc...that partains nothing to the question I asked, and I'm a very straight forward person, those details will come later in the journal. Right now, I just need to know what few ESSENTIALS i need to pick up, as far as housing the plant itself. Thank you thank you thank you in advance!

STAY TUNED!!:roorrip:

Re: TRUE BLUE/ BUBBLEGUM#1 / BLUEBERRY x WHITEBOY FIRST TIME HYDRO

hey nuggs, i just got a few clones today, 2 hindu kush, 1ww and 2 big cheese, geld them and suck them in rapid rooters. hope they make it!

read your post and im confused on just what it is that you want to know? granted i have little to no growing exp. but not sure just what question is. there are many kinds of hydros.

pretty much, just need any info on procedures of germed seed to rockwool to hyrdo system. every thread here just tells you the benefits of growing hydro, not the process..i dont wanna fuck these seeds up, it looks like the 5 Northern Lights clones might not make it due to non usage of hormones. I read up on cloning with no hormones whatsoever, so I thought I'd try it, but it sounded like it was based on genetics, and I know the NL is VERY sensitive...so if i lose the seeds AND the clones i'm basically fucked.

@PBRMJ - Thanks for the help, but thats the thread I was speaking of. It explains everything I need to know, but not process. Like, germinate your seeds or cut clones, place in pre soaked rockwool, put under your lights is about all I know, but that won't take me through harvest. And I almost REFUSE to put up pictures on here, those DO stand in court. :rolleyes3

I've tried reading through a bunch of hydro threads, but I own 2 clothing companies, a skateboard company, blow glass, and raise purebred pits, so time is money. I'll just have to stick with research!

Just so you know man as long as you are not producing multiple pounds or selling large amounts then you get no grief from LEO. Most personal grows are stumbled upon when the cops show up for something else. And as far as posting pics here, the LEO would have to get multiple warrants in order to acquire enough information to prove what is on this site was actually uploaded by you. Warrants cost money, and LEO isn't going to waste that kind of dough for a few MJ plants. You would have to have a considerable amount of MJ and be a high profile dealer in order to get that kind of attention. I'm not trying to make you do anything you don't want to, just laying out the facts!

Good luck with everything man! :peace:

@Smokey - Thanks for clearing that up. I was never too worried about it, mostly my girl. I wouldn't be upset IF something DID happen and I went away for some weed, what good is an Anti Drug War without statistics? But I can show her and post up what I got goin on currently, I just dont like to hide things from her or do something she asks me not to and feels strongly about. Like I said, were worth quite a bit with our business's and looking at starting a family, so her being from Denver, she's just getting into knowing about laws and bylaws and whatnot, im from Los Angeles, we been doin this shit for years!!! Thanks for the heads up man. But I really do need to know what next after dropping my seeds in the presoaked rockwool, im doing that tonight...

@Smokey - Thanks for clearing that up. I was never too worried about it, mostly my girl. I wouldn't be upset IF something DID happen and I went away for some weed, what good is an Anti Drug War without statistics? But I can show her and post up what I got goin on currently, I just dont like to hide things from her or do something she asks me not to and feels strongly about. Like I said, were worth quite a bit with our business's and looking at starting a family, so her being from Denver, she's just getting into knowing about laws and bylaws and whatnot, im from Los Angeles, we been doin this shit for years!!! Thanks for the heads up man. But I really do need to know what next after dropping my seeds in the presoaked rockwool, im doing that tonight...

I definitely understand where you're coming from man. Glad to see you sticking to your word! As far as the beans, throw them in the cubes and wait for them to sprout. After they sprout you can transfer the small cube into a larger cube. This will buy you some time to get everything settled and avoid any stress to the plant.

thanks smoke, thats kinda what i was looking for, the beans will be ready before my financial status will be..so i gotta keep em under CFL's for a week or so, hoping to only veg for 2 weeks as this is a breeding project...

Hi Stank.Nuggs

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom