AK_75_.JPG

AK_128_.JPG

AK_125_.JPG

OMG :bravo::yummy:

Excellent, excellent buddage bro :goodjob::cheer:

keep up the good work

+rep ;)

sweet i just ran through your journal:goodjob::nicethread::cheer:

is it possible for you to break down that whole A1 B1 C1 thing with the seeds that you made ?

Hey thanks for coming along... as far as the categorizing goes, the A2,A4,A6 are all AK 47 x Blueberry Smack hybrid, B1-B4 are the Blueberry Smack 'purebreds' and C1-C5 are an Indica bagseed, D1 i thought was a feminized seed but was probably the lone Global Fuel x Blueberry Smack seed... and its a male as are more than half of the plants that have shown...

Man that thing is crazy.. It looks like its been crowned, many times. Nice pics!

Im guessing when you say crowned you mean its been flowered out more than once... it was probably a 12wk flowering since i had to wait for seeds to ripen...thanks for the kind words as well

Man those buds shots are amazing! :goodjob: :passitleft:

Thanks for stoppin by bud:peace:

Ok Leave Weaver, first I want some of that. And second That is some CRAZY foxtailing. I didn't read all that much of the journal(sry) but how long those been going? Insane brother. Hope I can rep ya!

Haha im with you man, i wish i had some left!! The AK-47 flowered for about 12wks because i was farming seeds from her as well... thanks for the reps too!

Good Lord...those are some wicked looking buds my man! Very impressive. What kind of camera are you using for those closeups....they are crisp. Very nice. I will definitely be keeping up with your grow.

Thanks man, im using a 10.2 MP with just a 3x zoom... nothing fancy... i just take tons of pictures then go through and find the good ones... glad you could come along for the ride...:peace:

You've blown my mind with those last pics :yahoo::welldone:

Haha, damn it Woodsman, you are way too easy to get excited... i can tell your anxious to see your own ladies full of frosty nuggs!!

OMG :bravo::yummy:

Excellent, excellent buddage bro :goodjob::cheer:

keep up the good work

+rep ;)

Hey Dro, thanks again for the support and reps...

Hey, your mention of grafting made me wonder if anyone ever tries it. Take a hearty producer like NL and graft on some sensitive strain that is a great weed but low producer and see if the NL roots will make the other top produce more and be easier to raise. I mean it is how they get roses to grow locally when the climate won't support sensitive roses, they graft them on a hearty wild local strain. Or go insane and reveg a plant and then take 2 or 3 different strains and graft them onto the large stalk and grow like 3 different strains on one plant...would look wild.

I may have to play sometime....:peace:

Great thread very sorry I've missed out thus far, but I'm here now. I am very interested in seeing how grafting is done. I hadn't even considered it as an option. I will def be researching this. Thanks for sharing. :nicethread: +reps

Leave Weaver great journal you have going on. I was wondering if you have done any cannabis grafting before? If so how have you done it? IE what kind of graft have you used? Whip or Cleft or are you going to be doing bud grafting like T-budding or patch-budding? I have been contemplating attempting to graft cannabis onto hops for some time. Also thank you for showing the foxtailing. I had never seen it before except on my buds that got hit with a zinc deficiency. I look forward to seeing your work with grafting. + reps for a wonderful experimental grow.

Hey, your mention of grafting made me wonder if anyone ever tries it. Take a hearty producer like NL and graft on some sensitive strain that is a great weed but low producer and see if the NL roots will make the other top produce more and be easier to raise. I mean it is how they get roses to grow locally when the climate won't support sensitive roses, they graft them on a hearty wild local strain. Or go insane and reveg a plant and then take 2 or 3 different strains and graft them onto the large stalk and grow like 3 different strains on one plant...would look wild.

I may have to play sometime....:peace:

That's freaking genius man... Oh shiat, now I need to get me a lab coat and a sturdy pocket protector..lol

That's freaking genius man... Oh shiat, now I need to get me a lab coat and a sturdy pocket protector..lol

:rofl: Now I have to get a lab coat. Nah I grow in dirt..give me camo's instead.

:peace: brother and Leave Weaver I hope you have success with that graft, I am watching intently, I have an idea of how I will do it, but want to watch what you do.

i got too anxious last night and tried two different methods of grafting a male onto my Global Fuel clones...

I topped the AK-47 male and cut a +75 degrees slice, trimming one side node off for doing a whip graft. I Scraped the outer-cambium layer on the clone and attached the top using the side-veneer graft method. For the whip graft i cut a T-shaped incision in the 'bark', inserted the side node from the AK-47 male... i wasn't sterile or precise with these operations so i dont anticipate them taking, it was more of practice...

For the real thing i will have cellulose tape or clear wrap to keep air and moisture out... i used twine on the side-veneer graft, and a twist tie for the whip graft...

heres a whip graft
bud-grafting.jpg

Heres a side-veneer graft

i will get pictures tonight... trying to stay optimistic...

Thank you for the grafting pictures, was gonna do something similar, marijuana has a hollow stem, was gonna make sure I bored a hole all the way to the hollow stem at a downward angle so it is longer than normal, make the hole the same size as the branch you are inserting, as snug as possible without forcing it in (do not want to squeeze the end shut).

Insert the branch sliced diagonally to open up as much of the stem into the hole and tape in place. Wasn't gonna use any additives as I think I will let the plant just try to repair the "damage", but I will have it full of Superthrive on the watering before doing it so it has an optimized immune system. I am thinking it will be a no brainer if you open hollow stalk to hollow stalk.

Only an air bubble will cause problems or disease, I am thinking anyway, am new to it all, I just kinda understand the principles. So it may go ka-blooey :ganjamon:.

Anyway I would +rep if I could, will when I can. Great pics, now I am more confident in my idea.

:peace:

(I am thinking I need to grow up a NL as a host, you have any ideas for a really strong host?)

Yo LeaveW.....looks like you are a bonsai enthusiast too. (at least those illustrations look like some I have in some of my bonsai books. This is awesome stuff....feel like I am watching a Discovery channel show on cannabis breeding....lol. Anyhow, thanks for the really sweet pics and the continuing updates on your grow. +reps for shore!!

LW I am going to have to try this. Grafting is done with apple trees all the time! Never thought that it would be possible with Cannabis though!

Heres just another photo post...

This is the AK-47, it had one redish-pink calyx on the top right(look close)... unusual...
AK_110_.JPG

Here is my new AK-47 x Blueberry Smack clone(from topping 2/17)
AK-47_A6_F_Top_clone.JPG

Under 12/12 since cloning 2/17 and still continuing to flower, while rooting....
AK-47_A6_F.JPG

Heres the lower 'half', bonsai candidate
AK_x_BB_A6_F_2_.JPG

Older pic with Blueberry Smack in the foreground and the Foxtail AK-47 in the background

BB_Smack_17_.JPG

Earlier Blueberry Smack training

BB_Smack_71_.JPG

First Blueberry Smack test smoke

BB_Smack_37_.JPG

Harvest

BB_Smack_Nugg_31_.JPG

BB_Smack_Nugg_30_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom