Trumming and curing

FISHGUY

hello peoples I'm still a newbie to growing and have a few questions I need answered by the pro's
Question 1 - I have a straight CBD plant growing and a 1:1 5% thc plant, by reading pistals and tricromes when should i harvest

Question 2- when trimming right after harvest when wet what am i trimming off the bud and why.

Question 3- when curing to keep the smell down can I put newly trimmed buds in Mason jars and seal for 2 days the open them for a day or 2 to air out and then repeat same thing for 3 weeks for full cure.

Thankyou in advance
(Very Newbie ☺)

Hey Fish.

Question 1.......they say its best to harvest CBD strains earlier rather than later. So I would go with Clear to cloudy on the CBD strains. For THC strains it kind of depends on if its a Sativa or Indica. Sativas generally get taken before the trichomes turn amber. For indicas, a lot of people like to wait for 10-20% ambers on the trichomes.

Question 2. Tough to answer cause everyone trims different. I do a rough 'wet trim' where I remove the big fan leaves and easy to remove larger sugar leaves. From there I do a bud wash and then hang dry for 3 days or so. Then I cut the buds off the stem and during this process if I see anything that I want to cut off I do it. I don't worry too much about bag appeal so a few stray sugar leaves are no big deal. From there it goes into paper bags and into the fridge for a slow and low dry process (roughly 2 weeks) and then into oven roast bags for the cure.

Question 3. Depending on how long you hang dry, you can let them go a day or two and between burps. I wouldn't do that without hanging them for a few days first though or you will risk mold setting into the jars and you will lose you harvest. Hang dry for a few days up to a week and then I find its easier to use the oven roast bags instead of jars.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, feel free to hit me up.

Hey Fish.

Question 1.......they say its best to harvest CBD strains earlier rather than later. So I would go with Clear to cloudy on the CBD strains. For THC strains it kind of depends on if its a Sativa or Indica. Sativas generally get taken before the trichomes turn amber. For indicas, a lot of people like to wait for 10-20% ambers on the trichomes.

Question 2. Tough to answer cause everyone trims different. I do a rough 'wet trim' where I remove the big fan leaves and easy to remove larger sugar leaves. From there I do a bud wash and then hang dry for 3 days or so. Then I cut the buds off the stem and during this process if I see anything that I want to cut off I do it. I don't worry too much about bag appeal so a few stray sugar leaves are no big deal. From there it goes into paper bags and into the fridge for a slow and low dry process (roughly 2 weeks) and then into oven roast bags for the cure.

Question 3. Depending on how long you hang dry, you can let them go a day or two and between burps. I wouldn't do that without hanging them for a few days first though or you will risk mold setting into the jars and you will lose you harvest. Hang dry for a few days up to a week and then I find its easier to use the oven roast bags instead of jars.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, feel free to hit me up.
thanks van I appreciate your help so it's ok to trim after 2 days hanging in the garage with or without light or is the dark just for curing and what's the best way to do jars as I don't have the use of an oven as other people in house won't appreciate smell lol

You can trim before drying or after drying.....all your preference brother. Ask 10 different growers how they harvest their plants and you will likely get 10 different answers.

There isn't a right or a wrong way of doing it.....you just gotta find what works best for you. You can hang it in the dark for a couple days, then trim. Or you can trim fan leaves off and then hang to dry. Or you can trim everything before you hang it.

You definitely want to let it dry in a darker place. You don't want to dry it in the oven....that is basically decarbing your buds.

You should consider starting a grow journal and documenting your process, plus you will likely get a lot more input from additional growers. Cheers brother!

You can trim before drying or after drying.....all your preference brother. Ask 10 different growers how they harvest their plants and you will likely get 10 different answers.

There isn't a right or a wrong way of doing it.....you just gotta find what works best for you. You can hang it in the dark for a couple days, then trim. Or you can trim fan leaves off and then hang to dry. Or you can trim everything before you hang it.

You definitely want to let it dry in a darker place. You don't want to dry it in the oven....that is basically decarbing your buds.

You should consider starting a grow journal and documenting your process, plus you will likely get a lot more input from additional growers. Cheers brother!

Thanks buddy you're one of the good guys I appreciate it a lot

Back
Top Bottom