Trying To Decide On A Vaporizer

I guess this is now just a general, what to buy thread, since the OP hasn't posted in over 3 yrs.

My 2 cents on best buys-
portable- hard to beat the Magic Flight for stealth, price, and warranty.

flame powered portable- quite a few on the market now, but the VaporGenie is holding strong. I do like the Vaporstar-same ceramic filter design but you can use it with various glass pieces, or just with some tubing.

whip- the DBV, available on eBay for under $170, is a great buy.

cheap whip- if you're low on $, and have to get a whip vape, you can get the Easy Vape on eBay for $50-60, and at least it's been around for years, and selling for $150 at on-line dealers.

bag vape-except for the Volcano, they're all more or less dual mode now. The herbalAire is a great buy on eBay, with no worries about authorized dealers, which is a concern with the Extreme Q.

bong vape- this one's not available quite yet-maybe in a month or three, but if you like big hits, a glass vapor path, and no learning curve, the VapeXhale Cloud can't be beat. I've used a beta model, and it really delivers- water filtration and excellent heat retention and hand held as well. A real connoisseur's vape, although far from cheap- $450 for the kit. I expect the vape unit itself (without the hydratube) will run about $300 when it's available by itself. If you've already got a bong, $300 isn't bad for this one-nothing like it on the market. Quite a few videos on youtube.

I just picked up the Silver Surfer Vaporizer last week and it's awesome. Easy to use, easy to control the thickness of your vapor and perfectly suited for individual use with the whip. I also bought the glass adapter to connect the whip to my water bong. It works perfectly. Can't imagine a cleaner way to intake your meds. And the hits are thick and powerful.

This is the device that has delivered the knock out blow to my smoke. I'm kind of mad at myself for waiting so long to get one. Silver Surfer Vape. I give it my full recommendation.

I got my Launch Box adapter in. It's perfect!!!! The volcano gather dust now. The Launch Box is going for $119, the adapter (sold on FC site) is $60 and replaces the batteries. The latest model of the Launch box has so many improvements on it!! All steel parts, light, battery ring, adapter, and best of all the screen is help in with an O ring and doesn't come loose so easily. Life time warranty here, you can't go wrong. The LB has a better and faster battery charger now. The push ring keeps you from forgetting to pull the battery out. Each box is factory tested for heat and consistency. In the past, every launch box was different. Some worse than others. My warranty LB cane before the adapter and still worked out better than my volcano. I am impressed with the quality and improvements.

-If you are a medical user and need you buds immediately ready, day or night, the Launch Box fits the bill. It is as easy as swallowing a pill!
-The price can't be beat, for what you get.
- lifetime warranty
-vape in plain sight. The LB is not visible in your hand and has little odor.
- now the adapter for desktop gives you instant use with no batteries to charge. It also has a dial to raise and lower the temp. Of coarse with battery or adapter, you can burn your weed. Air flow speed is very important! The adapter is in Beta testing. My only issue is twice my herb has caught fire, dropping some flames through the screen and charring the wood. Damned if i know how this happen. It was a mad dash to dump the flaming herb out on something not combustible. I'll write them and ask. Darn if I can figure it out! Normally, catching herbs on fire is pretty hard to do.
- portable, just switch to batteries. Easy!
- instant heating, under 3 seconds. Now consistent heating, controlled by your airflow.
-can be used with different length whips, mouthpieces, or native. This is great for letting the vapors cool before the lungs and not frying your lips. The mouthpieces of various woods will give different flavors too.
-awesome customer service!!!

I'm too tired to write more... Out of an Iolite, Volcano, lightbulb style, Myrtle Zap, and VaporGenie (both with water pipe and as is). The LB is the best! The warranty says it all.

:)

Over the years, I have tried pretty much every type of vaporizer, including bag-type (e.g. Volcano), units with ceramic heater, units with metal heater, portable units, etc. etc. The list is almost endless.

However, once I tried an Aromed, I knew my search was over! This is the best vaporizer on the market by absolutely miles. It only gives off vapor when you draw, it has no nasty carbon elements whatsoever, it gives by far the best flavor and you get more hits for the same amount of material!

What more could anyone ask for? I have been using mine pretty much every day for almost 5 years now and I am still on the first bulb. Everything still works perfectly.

There is honestly nothing I dislike or would change about this device. And you really can't say that very often of modern electronics!

This is the best vaporizer on the market by absolutely miles.
Glad you like it, but it's only the "best" in your opinion.

What more could anyone ask for?
For me, it would be a vape that doesn't look like hospital or lab equipment, can be held in one hand, high quality glass (yes, with water filtration) instead of tubing, heat retention such that you can get a nice hit no matter how hard you draw, and the ability to easily vary the vapor density of every hit, should you so choose. All of these features come with the soon to be available VapeXhale Cloud. I've sampled the beta version and for me, this one is "the best vaporizer on the market". I'm happy to say that the vaporizer market is far from standing still. ;)

Glad you like it, but it's only the "best" in your opinion.

For me, it would be a vape that doesn't look like hospital or lab equipment, can be held in one hand, high quality glass (yes, with water filtration) instead of tubing, heat retention such that you can get a nice hit no matter how hard you draw, and the ability to easily vary the vapor density of every hit, should you so choose. All of these features come with the soon to be available VapeXhale Cloud. I've sampled the beta version and for me, this one is "the best vaporizer on the market". I'm happy to say that the vaporizer market is far from standing still. ;)

I looked at the video on the manufacturer's website.

1. The herb is put into a metal chamber for heating. How exactly is this an "all glass" pathway? Laughable.

2. What is the heat source? The Aromed uses a glass halogen bulb, which allows precise electronically-regulated temperature control with zero nasty emissions.

3. Water is one of the best ways to filter out THC. Why is having a large glass unit full of water an advantage? You only need a tiny amount to remove dust and airborne particles. Using a large volume of water simply reduces the amount of THC you are getting.

And the price seems ridiculous for such a simple device.

I will stick with my Aromed!

I've got a butane-powered vaporizer around here somewhere (sorry, I cannot at this time remember the name) which appears to have a ceramic chamber. I thought that was a nice touch. Unfortunately, I tried two or three types of premium triple(?)-filtered butane in the thing and managed to vaporize ONE load through it. I ended up melting it (actually, I set the thing on fire :rolleyes: ) when I finally gave up and tried heating that chamber from the side with a jet/torch lighter. But I really liked the concept, and if I didn't have a problem with sending used vaporizing/smoking devices back for repair, I'd have tried to get the thing repaired/replaced.

I bought a Buddha vape and love it! I just couldn't see spending $600-700 on a volcano no matter how good they may be. Have had this for about a month and it works great.
:goodluck::goodluck: You must like to taste dirt rot. You shouldn't critasize the Volcano until you try using one for yourself. Get a paper route and save up your pennies and buy one. It;ll beat your Buddha Vape hands down :high-five::rofl::rofl::amen::amen: RD :peace::peace::peace:

Can't speak for the Buddha vs. Volcano. But I don't guess that spending $600 on a digital Volcano is all that extreme. I've seen people spend almost as much on bongs. I've seen them spend a good bit less on a bong - but then go on to purchase ten or more over a period of time which is almost certainly more total money. And I recently saw a ROOЯ Custom Little Sista ("Editor Special") listed for $3900 (talk about extreme!).

With the cost - if one goes out and purchases it - of high-quality cannabis often being $300 or even more per ounce, it's not like it'll take long for you to "put more through it than you put into it" so to speak (unless you just bought that gold and silver ROOЯ, lol).

Guess what it comes down to is whether or not whichever vaporizer you buy is worth it to you and only YOU can answer that question as there probably is no universally-correct answer.

I looked at the video on the manufacturer's website.

1. The herb is put into a metal chamber for heating. How exactly is this an "all glass" pathway? Laughable.

2. What is the heat source? The Aromed uses a glass halogen bulb, which allows precise electronically-regulated temperature control with zero nasty emissions.

3. Water is one of the best ways to filter out THC. Why is having a large glass unit full of water an advantage? You only need a tiny amount to remove dust and airborne particles. Using a large volume of water simply reduces the amount of THC you are getting.

And the price seems ridiculous for such a simple device.

I will stick with my Aromed!

... THC isn't very water soluble.. I have never heard anyone say it is a good way to "filter out THC". I think you need to check on that.

No need to get heated over someone liking a different vape, the only heat we need is on our buds to get us medicated.

The bottom line is that there are many types of vapes. Many are excellent. It's about finding one that is comfortable and has a functionality you like. Really we shouldn't be pushing any particular vape as much as talking about the good and bad qualities of vapes we have used so others can make an informed desicion based on their needs... Not what some random stranger on the internet says is "best".

... THC isn't very water soluble.. I have never heard anyone say it is a good way to "filter out THC". I think you need to check on that.

Either way, I still think a small amount of water is better than a large amount in combination with a high-grade vaporizer, as the vapor is already pretty smooth.

:420: Hey guys, you dont have to read all, but just some if you will.
I need your advice on Volcano & myExtreme Q, please, and health concerns with the Q that you may or may not be aware about.

1st I want to say ANYONE WITH ANY EXTREME Q! Put your Q on the lowest temp and let it run and tell me if you cant smell that? Every Q makes the smell of metal (plastic & wiring), and I was raised around welding etc and I know what Im smelling out of the Q's and I've had one for a year (the latest model). This majorly concerns me & I need Volcano users or opinions of those who have used a Volcano.
Does a Volcano make a room smell like anything other than fresh air if you take the bowl off and blow low heat out of it? I want to know how many foreign particles are being released into my lungs. It's scary smelling an electrical burning smell from every Q when you remove the bowl. No owner would EVER know it unless they tried it and thought what that smell could be. You're inhaling that, and I have been, too.
I WANT to go ahead and get a digital Volc bc I am BIG on "Accuracy", and health (as you can see I have a good nose to identify nearly anything, and when even my wife has to leave any room with an extreme q running without it vaping I KNOW somethings not quite right). I need especially Volcano owners to please read this and reply, I beg you! :)
I have had an Extreme Q 4.0 (Latest model) for 1 year, and I found the bad parts about it and need to know if I can Possibly get a better and healthier vape.
Do any of Volc owners out there ever have an issue with burning, underdoing, having herb gum up in the bowl, plastic taste, or any negatives to say about the Volcano other than the price? I use bags only, so mentioning a whip making another vape worth more doesnt get me. I have the Q and it doesnt seem fully there, and that's a tremendous amount of heat to run 2:30-3:30 minutes across any grade of rubber tubing to deliver the vapor. Im thinking as far as health, a direct flow may be the only way to know foreign products aren't being put into the body that we are going to regret later.

Problem with Extreme Q: It uses a fan and heat still passes over wires and I taste it now that Ive been vaping long enough. I use the bag, and the little tube is medical grade. I'm inhaling foreign chemicals that arent from any herbs.

Volc uses a heat pump. Is there any taste other than herb? Does it ever taste burnt or like plastic?

Extreme Q Problem with Temp Accuracy: Yes, it has a readout, but it isnt accurate at all. If you own a Q you can turn it at 320 for 20 minutes and get a thicker vape than you will at 374 if you are to vape right away. It takes a Q 20 minutes to actually meet it's proper temp, and then when you go to turn it down while the bag is blowing up it shows you the REAL temp which is sometimes 30+ F Degrees higher than what I have it set to vape at. What this does is causes moisture to want to bunch up and just go on and burn the herb rather than a good solid vape. You can take the bowl that burned up and feel not even half medicated as you would from the bowl you vaped slow. Now, with that said it takes 20 minutes to get started, and then 2:30 to blow up a bag, and I have to blow up 10 while working my way to about 350+ or else it will fry after you start it out right.
I've seen people say the Volcano takes 5 minutes max to warm, and its ready and of course the bag stays closed and being able to remove the bowl and not keeping temp high inside the bowl I can set it to the side and use it later, but with my Q even if the 1st bag is a knock out I cannot stop vaping or it will waste, and not vape properly because of its temp inaccuracy and it not being at the exact temp where I left off no matter what the screen reads.

You have to stir the Q bowl and it makes herb begin sticking. Dont you just shake the Volcano bowl and blow another bag.

Please let me know any pros and cons you may be willing to give me about a Volcano you may have tried or may own. I want to make sure the herb doesnt get so stick, and it is smoother on the throat, and 0 plastic taste. If Im missing anything on why the Volcano would probably be the best BAG vaporizer, please tell me any pros, and again, the cons (if there are any).
BIG QUESTION!: Does it vape the herb more evenly in the Volcano than any other bag Vaporizer you have used?
Thanks guys!

P.S. You can and WILL get vapor burn from the bags of a Q. I guess the heat in the bag needs to sit and even out a moment but that adds time of your thumb just holding a bag if you have a Q. Im thinking so much about the Volcano because if the vapor is at all warm I can toss the bag to the side for a minute and in combined time with it cooling and blowing the bag would equal 1:30 where the Q would take 4:30 minutes every time if you want the coolest vapor. With me vaping 10 bags that takes me 45 minutes to properly vape a bowl in my Extreme Q, and this is where I need your help, because I havent even SEEN a Volcano in person and most less used one. If I did have to blow 10 bags in the Volcano with an added minute to cool it would only take 15 minutes to completely medicate compared to the Extreme Q that I have's 45 minutes.
Here I go now to be sitting next to my stinking Q for 45 minutes so I can go to sleep. Man, I sure wish I had the quickness of the Volcano but if there are any health concerns I will stick with the Q until something else is created within the years.
Please respond if you will, and thank you very much.

:420:

I have been using the Vulcano for quite a while now and i am still amazed. The quality is so great! I have been growing and smoking many different combinations and finally after many years The Vulcano in combination with my favorite Haze by Zambeza, really does it for me. I will never go back to smoking in any other way. She is ultra clean and the taste is truly amazing.:D

Lots of different views on which vape to buy !! I'm sure most have there strong points, but for the cleanest, purest vape GLASS is the only way to go !! I have used many different products over the last few years, but I recently purchased a VripTech Heat Wand 3.0 Kit and will never use anything else, the taste is FANTASTIC !!! I can not hardly stand to use another method for my medication !!

The kit is $499 but includes a water tool, the stand for the heat wand (which I think is a must) and all parts needed in an indestructible Pelican Case !!

The heat wand alone is $179 and for those that have a water tool (bong) parts can be adapted to work with most !!

I picked up a Vapolution 2.0 recently that I've been really happy with. It has an all glass vapor path. I got it directly from the manufacturer with some accessories for $144. I prefer the All-In-Wonder bowl to the hose for hits. It heats up fairly quickly.

Vapir NO2 Fully Portable Cordless Digital Vaporizer under a bill.

Back
Top Bottom