Trying to learn

Nice ... that is the right move with the tea. Glad you went there on your own.

There are lots of things to look at in judging a plant. You know yours isn't perfect but what matters actually looks not bad.

Perfection is BS and can't be done.

And a plant grown indoors will be as big as you want. You are in control. It is simple math. If things are working normally depending on the strain it will at least double in size in bloom. So you flip the lights when its is the size you want.

So no matter what happens in veg you have time to correct and get it rolling smooth before taking them into bloom.

Worst case you grow it out a bit until solving an issue then whack it way back and start bloom at the propper size.

But you are in control of starting bloom with a properly sized and healthy plant. That is your only real goal in veg is creating a monster root ball and prep it for bloom. If you start bloom with an unhealthy plant that is your fault. Always better to fix it in veg and get it working right first.

Unfortunately the most important thing in veg...the rootball...you housed up a bit. So that will take some effort but you did the right thing and now you will see good results and have learned.

So when she is growing vigorously and is properly sized you will be good to go. For bloom.

Yours looks bushy which is very nice. The most important thing is looking at new growth. The second is confirming old growth.

I have done many grows only using tea. It is hard to over dose. You can do it but they tend to work it out for you. It is a great 0pace to start growing.

Growing cannabis for most people is a journey. You will eventually try everything unless you fall in love with your way.

Understanding. How they actually want to work is a good spot to start. They evolved to grow on ROLS and Tea is just overnight compost. It's what plants crave.

I basically try to get the soil to a super high microbial life by flooding it with tea and sugar water. After the soil gets good enough you can just add sugar water. Assuming the base has compostable materials.

Thanks. Yeah I am going to trim the browning leaves off so it stops trying to use energy on them. Going to then work on bending and training it more. I just moved the light up a bit too as it looked like when I checked it today that it was starting to burn the leaves up top.

Well depends on why but ussually removing the lower bad leaves doesnt help. The plant actually prefers to scavenge for free from them instead of pull from the ground.

If for example you have a defficiancy issue that is eating from the lower leaves up. If it isn't fixed yet, removing the leaves being eaten doesnt help...it makes it worse. Now they are self eating higher up.

So if they are really lower ones I let them go till they come off easily by hand...unless you find a problem with them.

Not a big deal either way.

I am doing a flush right now with just straight water. Ph is at 6.5. I'm pretty sure I just gave too much so now just going to flush it and start fresh with less nutrients.

Dont flush.. what is that anyway? You mean water? OR extra water enough to drown the plant?

Water only = good.

Too much water = bad

Too much water doesn't do what you're thinking unless thinking drowning roots with water!

Plant looks fine, Litfa is my suggestion..

You have plenty of side branches and a main cola that all the side shoots are almost even with the top. It's a good plant.

Do not TOP - that doesn't do what you think it will either. That and your plant doesnt need any training. Looks like its going to need some stakes and some wire/rope tho. If you aren't in flower yet, gonna need a bigger tent too!

Trim off the low down leaves so you get good air flow and put a small fan on the soil line. Helps with all sorts of things main thing is pests. The lower leaves are easy targets for pests. So think about it more touching or close to the soil, the more pathways for pests to jump on board.

Leaf color is what it is, completely natural for leaves to die and fall off, Litfa and you will be fine. Dont trim unless you have a reason. (air flow and pests are good ones).

Prolly good advice to not do anything unless you have a good reason.

That's a "living a life" lesson I lernt. Good one too.

It is called science. I have seen pleanty of your post missquoting science to say... good bye. I am off this thread and can be found through PM.

People who want to deny horticulture science because they fail to understand the words in the documents are all over the internet.

Snake oil salesman...good bye. This is what 420 mag is known for...snake oil salesmen... I am out.

Ciao...unwatch.

You want my advice ...pm me.

Dont flush.. what is that anyway? You mean water? OR extra water enough to drown the plant?

Water only = good.

Too much water = bad

Too much water doesn't do what you're thinking unless thinking drowning roots with water!

Plant looks fine, Litfa is my suggestion..

You have plenty of side branches and a main cola that all the side shoots are almost even with the top. It's a good plant.

Do not TOP - that doesn't do what you think it will either. That and your plant doesnt need any training. Looks like its going to need some stakes and some wire/rope tho. If you aren't in flower yet, gonna need a bigger tent too!

Trim off the low down leaves so you get good air flow and put a small fan on the soil line. Helps with all sorts of things main thing is pests. The lower leaves are easy targets for pests. So think about it more touching or close to the soil, the more pathways for pests to jump on board.

Leaf color is what it is, completely natural for leaves to die and fall off, Litfa and you will be fine. Dont trim unless you have a reason. (air flow and pests are good ones).

Prolly good advice to not do anything unless you have a good reason.

That's a "living a life" lesson I lernt. Good one too.

Thanks. Yeah it's still in veg right now. What I meant by flush is to just water it normally but without any nutes in it at all. I am currently working on setting up my DWC to give it a shot in that for one of the clones I took.

DWC you have to do nutes all the time but I have no experience with it.

Just an organic soil grower been gardening all my life and I'm old.

Sorry if the viliageidiot got offended. I don't mis-quote science that is 100%, not sure where all that comes from but sorry for this getting into your thread. I'm sure you're just looking for help and not a lot of drama.

There's a lot of psudo science with regard to growing cannabis. I sometimes get a little under-whelmed with it, all in the name of selling "stuff" to the un-initiated.

Just keep that in the back of your mind when traveling out for supplies. I tend to visit my local feed store and local Nursery for supplies and don't go to hydro stores. If you want to grow in soil, take a look for local made compost. Lots of municipalities are composting and giving away the compost to the community free. Probably the best thing you can add to your soil mix.

The DWC thing is above my pay grade. There are lots of folks here that are experts at it for sure.

Back
Top Bottom