Turner Sherrif Steps Down

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Ashburn, GA -

Turner County Sheriff Roy Wiley has resigned, and is charged with a crime.

As WALB News 10 told you 10 days ago, Wiley was investigated for removing marijuana from his office's evidence locker.

Sources told us Wiley gave the marijuana to a cancer patient.

Now he's charged with possession of marijuana.

The coroner, Edgar Perry, is the acting sheriff of Turner County.

A probate judge will select an interim sheriff in a few days until a special election can be held.

bust.jpeg

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: walb.com
Copyright: WorldNow and WALB

I spend a lot of time bagging on law enforcement and the fact that they had the cannabis means that someones life has had a major setback by their hands and yet I feel a compassion for this man. All we can ask for is JUSTICE.

I spend a lot of time bagging on law enforcement and the fact that they had the cannabis means that someones life has had a major setback by their hands and yet I feel a compassion for this man. All we can ask for is JUSTICE.

My immediate reaction was anger at reading he'd taken the cannabis from the evidence locker, automatically jumping to the conclusion that he was being a hypocritical douche-bag... then I saw that he supposedly gave it to a cancer patient... :( *feels like a heel*

I hate that I've grown so cynical that my first impulse is to assume the worst about anyone in any sort of position of power. If what he claims is true, I feel especially bad for this guy. I hope the "No good deed goes unpunished" adage proves wrong here. I hope the best for the guy.

I have mixed feelings about this story. There is a certain arrogance about the law enforcement in western Michigan I just do not like. Only if it could be one of them getting busted.

Compassion is a punishable offense in amerika.

2 wrongs don't make it right. someone has obviously been busted with pot for this sheriff to have it in his station in the first place. i wish the fellow pot smoker hadn't been busted in the first place, thus paying the sheriff to take his/her pot, thus allowing the sheriff to steal pot, then turning around and giving it to someone that HE deems to benefit from this form of meds. is that not like me giving my kid a vicodine/per law??? not trying to put this sheriff away. but seriously folks, you or i do this and we get sent to jail. from what i'm understanding, either they have or they are trying to make it illegal here in michigan for one patient to GIVE meds to another patient.
TO ME, flat out. this sheriff stole from a pot smoker, charged him/her with some sort of trumped up charges, took their pot and who knows what else. decided on his own to give it to a person he knows, who can prob get med marijuana anyhow, stole from the people of the state of georgia. then and only then does he hope that our works and laws to legalize marijuana may help him. kinda sounds like another dictatorship to me. "ill do what i want, i'm the law"!!! BIGGOTS!
okie dokie, yall enjoy the day & peace!

Sometime we have to break their law to do what's right.Will he go to LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) now that they have kicked him out of the closet ??? and found himself on the wrong side. Welcome to the twilight zone. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom