U shaped tap root: death

AppleBucket

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker and first time poster (Made my account today).
I recently started my first grow of an Auto flower Lemon Haze and I admit I was very eager to begin asap. I had germinated my seedling and it took just under a week for the taproot to be at a point I felt comfortable to plant it into my medium (BioBizz Coco mix).

I watered the soil with water in a spray and measured a pH of around 5.9 (no nutes) which i later read I could have gone higher in the range of 6.2 - 6.5 in this stage also I covered the area with half of a plastic bottle which I had cut and sprayed the inside as well to add to the humidity I was trying to achieve.

Once planted I checked on it probably every 3 or 4 hours.. (I was too excited not to and trying to learn some self control here) I would check the medium to see if it was dry just under neath the dry surface roughly the depth of which the seedling had been planted and if it was dry I would gently water now instead with a pipette.

It grew a little and by a little it was two sets of leaves (1cm x 0.4cm) and the other two were tiny but I noticed by day 2 or 3 the taproot was sticking out from the medium so I gently removed the seedling (I noticed the taproot was curled in a U shape) and replaced it back in (taproot facing down)I had gotten to 2 weeks and my seedling hadn't grown any more than this which raised concerns..

Everywhere I google I read about the cause for a U shaped taproot is genetics but im trying to find my errors so my next two seedling don't suffer the same fate!

Sorry for the terrible format in which this is written, I tried my best to make it as easy as possible and in few words as I could but meanwhile going into as much detail as possible in case someone spots my mistakes.

Thanks for reading and I hope some one can help :D

Not planted deeply enough, maybe? Or planted upside-down, one of the two (maybe both).

Thanks for the reply, when I reflect back on it I may have planted too shallow @TorturedSoul

Im trying again now and have already planted my germinated seeds in the medium. Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom