UC 4XL SCROG in Double Lid Under 1000W

TheJungleBoy

Hi Farmers!
This is my first time growing and I'd like to share this experience with you guys!
I'm stoked to see everything running after few months of hard work and a lot of stress while building the room.

Well, what I got in here is:
Flower Room,
1000W Hortilux Super HPS
6" Blockbuster
Galaxy 1000W HPS/MH 120/240V Multi-Watt & Dimmable
2 - 6" Active Air Fan 400 CFM
EcoPlus Carbonaire Filter 550 CFM
1/10 EcoPlus Water Chiller
2- EcoPlus 16" Wall Mount Fan

Strains:
4 Chemdog
2 Super Lemon Haze
2 Sour Diesel

I'm using 1/4 of Nutrients strength
Dutch Master.
Grow A + B 180ml
ADD .27 115ml
Silica 20ml
Drip Clean5ml
Great White 2 Scoops
Roots Excel 45ml

PH 5.6
PPM 520/EC.77
Water Temp 68.

They were transplanted on Thursday night. Temperature in the room is around 75-77f during in the morning but increases to 80ish when the chiller turns on, the humidity drops to 35%, and at night temp stays at 75f and 45% humidity.
I have one fan bringing fresh air to the room 24/7 which has been keeping the room much cooler during the days.
Few plants got root rot like 10 days ago and I had to be treating them with H202, which didn't help much, but 4 days ago I started using Roots Excel + Great White and the roots has been growing CRAZY! Highly recommended!!!
I transplanted them yesterday night, the photos you see of the long roots ones were taken before transplant, while they were in the 3" netpot. This morning I went there to check and as you can see the roots are already poking out of the netpot!
The net is 12" away from the buckets and 20" from the hood, didn't feel my skin burning under the light but I'm checking every hour for burns or any stress signs.
The humidity is below 50%, I was not expecting that at tall as in my vegetating box is always over 55%.
If you guys could please recommend something nice with digital display I'd appreciate :)

The box I'm keeping the plants vegetating is a 3x3x5 with 2 15 Gallon DWC holding 15 plants each, and they're under 1 2ft 6 bulbs, another 2ft 4 bulbs and 2 6" Air King fan, but I will install another one of 20" on the top of the box as I have seen condensation early morning.

PH 6.0
PPM 520/EC.77
Water Temp 70
Strains:
Warlock
Super Lemon Haze
Chronic
Purple Kush
Granddaddy Purple
Morning Glory
White Widow
White Rhino
Sour Diesel
Super Haze

I have been reading almost every single thread in the past 6 months, about electricity, safety, systems, Nutrients and etc. It took me 4 months to get here, everything started from seed, and it was meant to be simple, fast, and easy, but it wasn't at all!
Thanks to all you guys posting your ideas and pictures of your setups. Without you guys:party: , some good divine thoughts,
my wife's patience:cheer: and some really good :passitleft:, I would not have achieved this.

Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_139.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_138.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_136.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_128.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_129.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_130.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_127.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_126.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_124.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_123.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_117.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_116.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_110.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_114.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_115.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_108.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_105.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_104.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_103.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_087.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_076.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_072.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_069.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_066.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_063.JPG
IMG_05588.jpg

Late Update. Day 2, yesterday.
Plants looks great!
Roots has grew over 2" in a day and looks so white. I'm really happy to see everything running fine and I'm hoping keep it until the end, as I almost gave up to grow before transplant them to the UC when they got root rot. I had to flush and clean everything almost every 3 days, and now it really seems like it's definitely gone
I'm keeping the hood 20" inch far away from the plants, do you guys think it could be closer?
I'm posting 2 pics of the same plant to show how fast the roots has grew. The one with short roots were taken yesterday, the long one today.
I'm going to buy a humidifier today and also planning to raise the PPM to 600 tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_04005.JPG
IMG_03966.JPG
IMG_03957.JPG
IMG_040311.JPG
IMG_04027.JPG
IMG_04017.JPG
IMG_03975.JPG
Grow_Room_Grand_Opening_126.JPG

Right on, Th3Jungl3B0y! :welcome: to 420 Magazine. Great first effort here though you will need to keep a close eye on it. As you already have noticed, DWC grows can go bad quickly if the grower does not solve the issues as they happen.

Excited for you! :cheer:

On the ScrOG net ... do know that the plants will exert a strong push upwards so that netting will bow out later in the grow and in the wrong way when considering the inverse square law for light. While you have time, think of ways you can make the net more rigid or at least prevent the middle of the net from rising. Maybe tying points of the netting down to the lower DWC containers would help. Easier to do it now than later. Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

:popcorn:

Right on, Th3Jungl3B0y! :welcome: to 420 Magazine. Great first effort here though you will need to keep a close eye on it. As you already have noticed, DWC grows can go bad quickly if the grower does not solve the issues as they happen.

Excited for you! :cheer:

On the ScrOG net ... do know that the plants will exert a strong push upwards so that netting will bow out later in the grow and in the wrong way when considering the inverse square law for light. While you have time, think of ways you can make the net more rigid or at least prevent the middle of the net from rising. Maybe tying points of the netting down to the lower DWC containers would help. Easier to do it now than later. Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

Hi Munki!
How's everything?
Yeah I had my first bad experience with hydro few weeks ago when they got root rot. It drove me crazy seeing the plants getting worse everyday and not knowing what else I could do to save them. Desperate I was, I even dip the roots into half streinght of h2o2 for minutes, flush everything again and got roots excelurator and great shark. Finally I could see the results in 2 days, unbelievable!
Munki, how far were your net passing the buckets? Because mine are like 3 inch and I don't think it's enough, I may make another wider, also someone told me that the squares are too small, I kind disagree because I've seen other setups with the same square size. One guy told me that I my have roots problems as I have 2 plants per buckets, what do you think? I'm keeping the plants 20" away from the hood, should I keep it closer?
I will do later what you told me about keeping the net as close as possible.
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate!!!

Hi Farmers!
Back to Earth after a long weekend off with wife :party:
How’s everything? Are your plants doing well?
A short update on day 6.
Plants are looking great and health! Having a little issue with humidity and help is much appreciated.
I have been trying to keep the humidity at least to 50% but it is just not working. Bought a decent humidifier powerful enough up to 1600sq, and I don’t have half of that space. The problem is only when the light is one and the exhausted fan joins the game, it seems like the fan is pulling all the humidity too fast and it drops the level down to 25%.
Should I get a more powerful one? Which one do you guys use?
I did few things trying to figure out fixing the issue, for example reducing the exhausted fan speed, but then the temperature rises up to 94f, with 67% Humidity, but I could and I can decrease the Humidity level, the question is how bad it would affect the plants. I know it is high and it should be burning as hell, but inside doesn’t feel 94f at all! The highest was 94f with exhausted fan off and lowest lowest to 66f, but right now is at 79f with 40% Humidity.
I was thinking about getting an A\C so I wouldn’t need to use the exhausted as much reducing the speed and being able to keep the humidity inside. The other option would be to start flowering and keep the light running at night, as has been cold anyways. Switching the light to 600W also decrease the temperature to 78f and increases the humidity level up to 60%.
I found a very interesting article about the right temperature and humidity levels, also very contradictory. Higher humidity or lower?
PPM was raised to 800 and Girls got a little hair cut I was also able to get 45 cuts from all girls and more is on the way, now I just need to get rid of some.
Roots has explode in less than a week! I’m loving the great white and roots excelurator, if you ever experience to get root rot, which I hope you never get it, try using both of these miracles products.
I made a another net as some farmers commented about having problems using very small holes, and also decided to make few inch wider, as before I had only 3 inch over the buckets.
I will switch the light to 12/12 on Saturday as they’re getting bigger and already taller than the net.
I noticed couple leaves with a yellowish, brownish burns but I’m sure isn’t nutrients or light, as this is show in only one plant and just in 2 leaves, not sure if this was there before transplant them.
That’s all guys.
Hope you’re all having a blast week and God bless us!
Peace!!!

Hello Farmers!
Have any of guys ever used Big Bud, Overdrive or CalMag?
I need to make a choice between them to start to flower this week.
Thanks

That setup is AWESOME dude, the cleanliness factor will reward you. I wish I could keep half my grow room half as clean as yours.

Also, I see you are running DM nutes, very good choice. I would recommend trying DM zone if when you get a chance seeing you are running basically 95% of the DM program, however the products you are using are fine. I just like running a set of nutes together if I can, it makes things easier when you are putting a meal together for your ladies. I use the DM nute calculator for my setup and I'd like to say I am having good luck with it, (I am technically) but I started with other nutes and under a good recommendation by another member here I got my shit together and went with all DM nutes and used the DM calculator.

dutchmaster.com.au - This website is for sale! - dutchmaster Resources and Information.

As far as "Have any of guys ever used Big Bud, Overdrive or CalMag?" Why would need to choose between them? They are different products, big bud and overdrive are similar products to get the most of your plants but cal/mag is a calcium, magnesium supplement and does nothing for increasing your yield.

My recommendation would be to keep it simple and just follow a nute program but its your grow (and a hell of a grow at that) so you do what you think you should.

Also, I am running the same meter, its an awesome meter but make sure you keep the part tight where the probe wire goes into the meter itself, mine loosened up and caused me all kinds of headaches. I need a new probe now, I went and bought the replacement probe, they ended up just giving me one and it was wrong, now I have to wait a week and drive another hour and a half to get it....

edit:

Also if its possible to get the chiller out of the room, or any equipment that isnt needed in the grow room out of the space. These type of things are going to be what lowers your humidity along with the lights etc.... I am going through the same thing right now. I cant get mine over 45-50% since I have like 30 cfls going now, but I would suggest just buying another humidifier, possibly just a cheaper one with no settings and use your good one to control the humidity with a setting because you will need both of them. For the time being you can fill up a few buckets with water and let a fan blow on them, that will get it up a little.

Back
Top Bottom