Uh Oh

I'm seeing other with the same medium watering 3 times a day it's crazy

A healthy, vigorously growing plant in its stretch phase under bright lights and in a small pot, yeah, you might water it three times a day because it's transpiring so fast that the water gets sucked up by the roots and as fast as they get them.

But a smaller, sickly plant with droopy leaves? If it's in wet soil, let it dry out!

That's my last 2 cents. Good luck and happy growing!

A healthy, vigorously growing plant in its stretch phase under bright lights and in a small pot, yeah, you might water it three times a day because it's transpiring so fast that the water gets sucked up by the roots and as fast as they get them.

But a smaller, sickly plant with droopy leaves? If it's in wet soil, let it dry out!

That's my last 2 cents. Good luck and happy growing!

Once again I am using coco not soil lol and everyone says don't let coco dry out so every 2 cents I get is helpful but also contradicting

I give up on it if they die oh well

Coco coir is not soil.
Autos are not treated the same way as photos
2800 ppm is insanely high.
I wouldn't follow that advice in this case. But if you are going to do it then do it gently and transplant into a new mix with 30% perlite. Skip the 2800 ppm thing.

Be sure to let us know what you did and the results!,,,wishing you the best!:wood:

Well I have been flushing the past few days with regular PHd water at 5.8 and testing runoff. Run off I'm still getting 6.5 ph and under 100 ppm. Still have some droopy tendencies but I believe they are getting a little better each day. Tomorrow I might try to add some nutes to the mix because all of my new growth and tops are looking a little lighter green than they should.

Sucks they are going thru this now as they have just started to flower and should be exploding with growth during this phase. Hopefully I will have better results in the next few days.

Wish me luck .

Well I have been flushing the past few days with regular PHd water at 5.8 and testing runoff. Run off I'm still getting 6.5 ph and under 100 ppm. Still have some droopy tendencies but I believe they are getting a little better each day. Tomorrow I might try to add some nutes to the mix because all of my new growth and tops are looking a little lighter green than they should.

Sucks they are going thru this now as they have just started to flower and should be exploding with growth during this phase. Hopefully I will have better results in the next few days.

Wish me luck .

Sounds like you are on the right track, 6.0-7.0 is the range in coco, and now you have a low PPM, give them 1/2 strength nutes for the next couple days and if they respond step it up a bit till you are at the recommended level. Success is not instant but keeping a eye on them will let you know how you are doing...you are becoming a "leaf whisperer" LOL!:thumb:

Sounds like you are on the right track, 6.0-7.0 is the range in coco, and now you have a low PPM, give them 1/2 strength nutes for the next couple days and if they respond step it up a bit till you are at the recommended level. Success is not instant but keeping a eye on them will let you know how you are doing...you are becoming a "leaf whisperer" LOL!:thumb:

Thanks for the motivation. It's keeping me on track instead of giving up on my ladies.

Thanks for the motivation. It's keeping me on track instead of giving up on my ladies.

Not implying this in your case, but one thing I have done is be very aware of what you just did before entering your grow room,,,I was out spraying weeds in my yard one day, after I was finished I came in the house, washed my hands, and was planning on going into my grow room to check on the gals...I sat down at my lap top to check (probably 420 mag. or e-mail) and noticed the smell of the weed killer I was using...there was enough breeze to allow the spray to drift onto my pant legs, and if I would have entered my grow room who knows how many plants would have been affected by it.

Just something to be aware in the future!:smokin:

Im in coco, 20 days into flower 750 ppm (not 2800 lol) w/RO. I'm currently watering twice 20% run off. I monitor my run off just the same as I mix my nutes. They are different values but they tell me something about the plants. Most often my runoff ph is 6.2 @ 5.8-5.9 going in. Later in flower the ph will start to decrease, that's when I start ph'ing @ 6.2. A ph swing like your observing is the medium doing its work and it has a good buffer ., You would be amazed at how fast you will get salt build up if you let coco dry out (even a little to much, but still moist). The last time I seen a plant look like yours did in coco, it was a problem in the roots, I think Old Timing was right about something getting into your catch barrel (to warm?), I would start using Z7 enzymes or any enzymes (Z7 cheapest) to keep the roots and medium clean and use beneficial bacteria (I use bio gold) you will be amazed at the difference. Keep the water at 65, no higher than 70, add air if it sits a while.
The only time I let my pots get light is when I'm building roots, at this time you are feeding lighter and for a short period so salt build up is not an issue. It's all about the roots, if you have happy good roots there is no way you can overwater coco, it's a hydroponic medium, not soil .
Just my 2 cents
I'm subbed!
PS I'm glad you keep an eye on run off values, it an old argument that run off means nothing (NOT)

Your plant still looks overwatered to me. Have you let the soil dry out?

Coco is a form of hydro. Gotta water that everyday. Has to be something else.

These have been watered 1-3 times daily since they popped from seed, and they are in pure coco no perlite in 3gallon pot. You cannot overwater in coco, it holds too much oxygen.

420-magazine-mobile679391245.jpg

420-magazine-mobile877235278.jpg

To the OP:
Seems the PH is within range, I personally shoot for 5.5-5.8. Try flushing at 5.8 plain RO, then 1gallon of your feed directly after you flush. Make sure to add calmag first, then the other goodies. What PH Pen are you using? Make sure you swirl it around a few times. The Pen screen will start to fluctuate, so keep swirling that thing around till it holds at one number even while your swirling.

Suntana is right,:goodjob:

Z7, about $25.00 for the 2 part system, I use it in both coco and RDWC, add it last after you mixed your nutes and PH after. The dose is only .50 mL per gal and will last at least a couple 4 plant grows if not three...basically a root cleaner/enzyme. I wish I could snap a pict of my RDWC gals , the roots are nice and full like Scientific posted a few pages back.

If you are planning future grows, buy it now online, and when you get it start using it even if your plants are starting to improve.:thumb:

I personally shoot for 5.5-5.8
Me too. And it definitely is a good thing, if you have time, to let that mix sit a while just to triple check your reading before pouring it in the pots, because often that reading will creep a little (usually upwards in my case). Sometimes I mix the night before just so I know everything's stabilized. By generally ten minutes is enough to get a stable reading. That will vary though with different nute mixes.

Im in coco, 20 days into flower 750 ppm (not 2800 lol) w/RO. I'm currently watering twice 20% run off. I monitor my run off just the same as I mix my nutes. They are different values but they tell me something about the plants. Most often my runoff ph is 6.2 @ 5.8-5.9 going in. Later in flower the ph will start to decrease, that's when I start ph'ing @ 6.2. A ph swing like your observing is the medium doing its work and it has a good buffer ., You would be amazed at how fast you will get salt build up if you let coco dry out (even a little to much, but still moist). The last time I seen a plant look like yours did in coco, it was a problem in the roots, I think Old Timing was right about something getting into your catch barrel (to warm?), I would start using Z7 enzymes or any enzymes (Z7 cheapest) to keep the roots and medium clean and use beneficial bacteria (I use bio gold) you will be amazed at the difference. Keep the water at 65, no higher than 70, add air if it sits a while.
The only time I let my pots get light is when I'm building roots, at this time you are feeding lighter and for a short period so salt build up is not an issue. It's all about the roots, if you have happy good roots there is no way you can overwater coco, it's a hydroponic medium, not soil .
Just my 2 cents
I'm subbed!
PS I'm glad you keep an eye on run off values, it an old argument that run off means nothing (NOT)

I will definitely be looking into the Z7 enzymes you mention here as well as the beneficial bacteria, I haven't heard much about these until now and sounds super beneficial haha.

I was never sure if it was worth it to check runoffs because everyone is back and forth on the WWW when I research but I still like to do it when I'm having problems.

Thanks for your time and input Suntana.

To the OP:
Seems the PH is within range, I personally shoot for 5.5-5.8. Try flushing at 5.8 plain RO, then 1gallon of your feed directly after you flush. Make sure to add calmag first, then the other goodies. What PH Pen are you using? Make sure you swirl it around a few times. The Pen screen will start to fluctuate, so keep swirling that thing around till it holds at one number even while your swirling.

So I should be adding cal mag first before any nutes? I've always added it after everything else... maybe that's one of my issues.... and the ph pen I use is this .
420-magazine-mobile1663226633.jpg

I calibrate it about every 2-3 weeks.

Not implying this in your case, but one thing I have done is be very aware of what you just did before entering your grow room,,,I was out spraying weeds in my yard one day, after I was finished I came in the house, washed my hands, and was planning on going into my grow room to check on the gals...I sat down at my lap top to check (probably 420 mag. or e-mail) and noticed the smell of the weed killer I was using...there was enough breeze to allow the spray to drift onto my pant legs, and if I would have entered my grow room who knows how many plants would have been affected by it.

Just something to be aware in the future!:smokin:

That's a very good point as I should be more aware of what I do before walking in there!! I'm thinking maybe something was able to get in my catch of rain water... I will be throwing out this batch and using RO/distilled from here on out.

I'm starting to believe this is an unstable strain I have because some of the leaves are giving me different number of fingers than others and the company who makes them doesn't physically sell them anymore they are given away as freebies by other seed banks.... I just don't know what's up trying to come up with any valid excuse possible at this point ..

Let me know what you guys think about this. Like I said I did fine for 25 days with the same feed schedule and increased slightly as they grew older, nothing over 400 ppm, and now out of no where with no changes the plants are just droopy but new growth is sitting up for the lights

I also have another plant of the same strain behind them that is 20 days and looking perfect and it gets the same water and nutes as the older 2 that are drooping. Kind of makes it hard to use trial and error lol.

So I should be adding cal mag first before any nutes? I've always added it after everything else... maybe that's one of my issues.... and the ph pen I use is this

On my nute line the Silicate is first then the CalMag followed by the veg or bloom A/B and the rest of the goodies, after all is done, PH to the proper range and feed. They say to follow the order of the schedule and mix/stir after each one is added...I don't know if one additive will cancel or effect the other?
Skunk72.JPG

420-magazine-mobile2036852668.jpg

Could this cause an issue??

The roots are still growing thru the pots and the one plant is still growing about 1/2 to a full inch a day

Do the roots seen rotten or moldy? I have my smart pots setting on (3) 1"x1" strips of wood, one on each edge and one in the middle to allow air to circulate under them. I see one or two every now and then sticking out the side that is a 1/2" long but in a day or two it dries up.

Back
Top Bottom