Uh Oh

Try raising it 3 or 4 inches, results will take a day or so...seems nothing is instant, your gals only look bummed out, trial and error with time will bring them back. Most big supercenters will have RO water and it is not to expensive, distilled should also work.

lol I literally just raised them back up right as you commented.

I will see what happens.

What's weird is they are still growing about an inch a day and they just got their first few hairs showing a day or two ago.

So now I need to fix this problem so they can take off like they're suppose to when entering flower phase. .

Most of the views come from non members - who generally outnumber members online by about 35 to 1, as well as a certain number of data gathering bots. So don't worry about the number of views. Plus not every member who views has any input.
I'm not so sure I have much worthwhile input either. Your ph and runoff sounds good.
My coco experience isn't that huge. I've only done a few grows in it. Mostly I use peatmoss soilless which is similar in most ways but not all.
Maybe worth popping one out of the pot to see if there are any root rot issues. That would be unusual in coco but I suppose it may be possible.
I've been using rainwater for the last ten years exclusively. I don't put any particular attention to the cleanliness of my gutters or rainbarrels and have never had any issues to speak of.

Well I can see a lot of root tips protruding thru the pots. Would that be enough to tell from the color of those? Or would I really need to take one out and see the whole root mass? I just have a feeling when I take it out it will stunt so much because I will be ripping those tips of the roots off that grew thru the pots.... idk what to do .

Probably true if it's a matter of rippping a lot of roots up. Not something I would normally worry about - but for an auto you may not want to mess around.

I think Weasel is being modest, he has a lot of subtitles under his screen name and they don't issue then at random!:goodjob:

I subbed up to your journal and will look for updates, I am running 2 1200 watt Chinese LED's (560 actual draw watts) for 6 plants and my lights are 32" above the canopy, I played around with them in the veg stage and found this height to the best so far...that may change now in flower.

Keep us updated!:popcorn:

Well they are weeds so they should bounce back fairly easy, at least I hope, until then I will enforce more trial and error until it gets corrected.

Thanks for the sub Old, I will update it tomorrow when they perk back up.

That's a lot of wattage you've got there buddy, I envy your coverage with those lights right now. I'm sure the par is fantastic with those. Let's see your girls? Or do you have a journal going currently?

Seems like there are a lot of ghost followers on this forum who look at threads but don't say anything unfortunately.

Ha! And here I've been so proud of myself for shutting up for once and let some other people talk. ;)

Since we're talking cultivation in coco, here's what I'm doing right now:
I have a 21-day-old Dwarf Low Flyer auto growing in two gallons of coco coir with 30% perlite. Right on schedule at 21 days, it started showing preflowers. I had snipped off its 6th node the day before.

Today, two days later, I see that the growth sites at nodes 2 and 3 are sending out stalks.

Today's nutes:
Week 3 Vegetative at 1/4 strength
pH 6.5, 350 PPM
Runoff after 3 quarts added:
pH 6.0, 385 PPM

The target PPM was 700, so next feeding I need to dilute by only 1/2, not 1/4.

2017-06-19_Day_20_1100_Topping_005.JPG

Little Sir John has lost his head!

OK, I uncloaked. Please keep posting photos. I think those, along with a nutrient history, help the most.

Peace,
Sci the Lurker

Ha! And here I've been so proud of myself for shutting up for once and let some other people talk. ;)

Since we're talking cultivation in coco, here's what I'm doing right now:
I have a 21-day-old Dwarf Low Flyer auto growing in two gallons of coco coir with 30% perlite. Right on schedule at 21 days, it started showing preflowers. I had snipped off its 6th node the day before.

Today, two days later, I see that the growth sites at nodes 2 and 3 are sending out stalks.

Today's nutes:
Week 3 Vegetative at 1/4 strength
pH 6.5, 350 PPM
Runoff after 3 quarts added:
pH 6.0, 385 PPM

The target PPM was 700, so next feeding I need to dilute by only 1/2, not 1/4.

2017-06-19_Day_20_1100_Topping_005.JPG

Little Sir John has lost his head!

OK, I uncloaked. Please keep posting photos. I think those, along with a nutrient history, help the most.

Peace,
Sci the Lurker

That was not directed towards you at all Scientific I swear.

Your input was very much appreciated, sorry I forgot to mention you in that post haha. I'm gonna sub up to your journal, assuming you have one going on currently.

Well they are weeds so they should bounce back fairly easy, at least I hope, until then I will enforce more trial and error until it gets corrected.

Thanks for the sub Old, I will update it tomorrow when they perk back up.

That's a lot of wattage you've got there buddy, I envy your coverage with those lights right now. I'm sure the par is fantastic with those. Let's see your girls? Or do you have a journal going currently?

I don't have a journal but have been comparing results with a couple journal keepers that are in the same stage as I am. Plan on doing one after I get this one out of the way...I grew nice trees 35 years ago outdoors this is my first grow since in a completely different comfort zone!

This pict was taken 4 days ago after I trimmed the crap out of them and installed the scrog;
Plants_6-12-17_001.JPG

This picture was taken today of the Purple Kush ladies after their first day in 12/12;
Plants_6-20-17_007.JPG

While I am new again to this profession the same rule applies as it did 35 years ago...get know your plants, they will tell you what they need, don't like, and love!:thanks:

I don't have a journal but have been comparing results with a couple journal keepers that are in the same stage as I am. Plan on doing one after I get this one out of the way...I grew nice trees 35 years ago outdoors this is my first grow since in a completely different comfort zone!

This pict was taken 4 days ago after I trimmed the crap out of them and installed the scrog;
Plants_6-12-17_001.JPG

This picture was taken today of the Purple Kush ladies after their first day in 12/12;
Plants_6-20-17_007.JPG

While I am new again to this profession the same rule applies as it did 35 years ago...get know your plants, they will tell you what they need, don't like, and love!:thanks:

I just came a little

Those girls are beautiful, and that Scrogg is looking really good.

I'll get there one day soon, I'm still quite the noob with only one grow under my belt, had 7 plants going which included 2 autos and 5 photo periods. I only vegged the photos for a month so they all only ended up getting about 2 ft high. Only got about 2 zips but it was fun and some of the best stuff I've ever smoked. But that was a soil grow which was fairly easy for me especially for my first.

Oh man, go ahead start one, only if to share more snapshots like that. :thumb:

Thanks for the encouragement, I didn't start one right off because this is my experimental (a.k.a.) DIY RDWC, my first indoor grow room design, my first grow in 35 years, and my first grow indoors. I didn't want to lead anyone to follow and fail until it is proven to be considered a worth while grow!

I love the root system you have growing with your dwarf, mine are similar in mass but not as white as yours are, and my net pots are 8" which is something I would change to 6" for a bucket system just for the less expense for the media.

The 2 in coco are a unexpected blessing, it gives me a chance to try 2 mediums in one shot!:thanks:

I just came a little

Those girls are beautiful, and that Scrogg is looking really good.

I'll get there one day soon, I'm still quite the noob with only one grow under my belt, had 7 plants going which included 2 autos and 5 photo periods. I only vegged the photos for a month so they all only ended up getting about 2 ft high. Only got about 2 zips but it was fun and some of the best stuff I've ever smoked. But that was a soil grow which was fairly easy for me especially for my first.

You are there already, by asking for help shows how committed to your plants you are. I am at the age where I want to live out my remaining years doing what I loved doing in my teens and twenty's...life got in the way and I lost that for many years because I didn't think I could keep everything in check so I let it slide.

With all of the tech stuff and great places like this that was a wet dream 30 years ago, I would have been able to maintain a "dad-responsible husband" life with income to enjoy a meaningful hobby!:yahoo:

I had the same issue,
A buddy helped me out!

This is a copy-paste text from him:

"She is over watered or over nute, get her out of that pot and into a 5 gallon pail of room temp water. Shake some of the roots loose to let clean oxygenated water in and allow them to breath fresh water for 5 minutes. Take them out gently then re-pot in some moist to dry soil. The important thing here is to wait 12 hours before watering. Give it a strong nute solution of 2800 ppm. That will jump start any stragglers. I've had the same problem in the past and a good soaking to clean those roots of what ever is bothering her will deffenitly help. You will see the difference within a day or 2."

I followed the steps but didnt add any strong nuts, and left it for 10 minutes instead of 5.

So here what you gonna do that might help you

1. Carefully pull out the plant with its soil, like this. I did remove mine with upside-down smooth moves.

420-magazine-mobile965653601.jpg

Put it on a big can of water so the half of the soil is on the water and the other half out of it, i used 6 litres of water in total.

Then make circulus moves of the plant in the water. Leave it for approx 10 minutes to breathe the fresh water air.
Dont be afraid if you cut some of the roots at the bottom, i did loose more tha 20 roots. Keep in mind the main roots not to be cut, the you will have serious problem.

I also removed 10% of the total soil of the pot for better in case the water were trapped and had no way out.

Then bring the plant into the pot, remember that the bottom half of the soil is very wet now,carefull as if it can break into pieces while you are going to the can to the pot. I asked my brother for help just to have 4 hands at the bottom and be steady.

I also created new tiny holes at the bottom of the pot for better drainage and some at the middle of it for some air circulation.

So this before the precedure, 2 days ago:
420-magazine-mobile348521167.jpg

And this is the result (yesterday):
420-magazine-mobile2106526083.jpg

And i am gonna post todays photos too, for the first time i saw my plant to be praying so much on the light . .

I had the same issue,
A buddy helped me out!

This is a copy-paste text from him:

"She is over watered or over nute, get her out of that pot and into a 5 gallon pail of room temp water. Shake some of the roots loose to let clean oxygenated water in and allow them to breath fresh water for 5 minutes. Take them out gently then re-pot in some moist to dry soil. The important thing here is to wait 12 hours before watering. Give it a strong nute solution of 2800 ppm. That will jump start any stragglers. I've had the same problem in the past and a good soaking to clean those roots of what ever is bothering her will deffenitly help. You will see the difference within a day or 2."

I followed the steps but didnt add any strong nuts, and left it for 10 minutes instead of 5.

So here what you gonna do that might help you

1. Carefully pull out the plant with its soil, like this. I did remove mine with upside-down smooth moves.

420-magazine-mobile965653601.jpg

Put it on a big can of water so the half of the soil is on the water and the other half out of it, i used 6 litres of water in total.

Then make circulus moves of the plant in the water. Leave it for approx 10 minutes to breathe the fresh water air.
Dont be afraid if you cut some of the roots at the bottom, i did loose more tha 20 roots. Keep in mind the main roots not to be cut, the you will have serious problem.

I also removed 10% of the total soil of the pot for better in case the water were trapped and had no way out.

Then bring the plant into the pot, remember that the bottom half of the soil is very wet now,carefull as if it can break into pieces while you are going to the can to the pot. I asked my brother for help just to have 4 hands at the bottom and be steady.

I also created new tiny holes at the bottom of the pot for better drainage and some at the middle of it for some air circulation.

So this before the precedure, 2 days ago:
420-magazine-mobile348521167.jpg

And this is the result (yesterday):
420-magazine-mobile2106526083.jpg

And i am gonna post todays photos too, for the first time i saw my plant to be praying so much on the light . .

I guess I have no choice but to take these autos out and wash the roots... I have a feeling this won't be good.

Your plant still looks overwatered to me. Have you let the soil dry out?

Am I suppose to let coco coir dry out? And I don't understand how its overwatering because I have kept the same watering schedule for a month and haven't faced this issue until now. Weird.

I guess I'll let it dry out all the way and see what happens. At this point I have no other options lol

Back
Top Bottom