Underfeeding

The pictures aren't great but the white dots are places the green pigment is gone. It's not somthing actualy on the leaf.

Ive been underfeeding and trieng to keep it small.

Thanks, Ill try and get some better pics, my eyes arent getting any younger.
And Ill make sure not to mess with those before getting aroud other plants.

No scope or good magnification. Im hoping to get a good digital camra soon.
I got spoiled with a good dslr camera and I need another now.
They work great but pricey.

Give it a good spray. Follow the instructions on the Sm7. If you have other plants you tend to I wouldn't take a chance. Those little buggers spread like the plague.
Are you keeping these clones for a particular reason?

Yes, I keep them and run the same strain. I just jave one good space to grow but dont want to start from seed. I like the yeild and potency on this one its easy to clone too.

How do the other plants look?
If they are ok I would personally scrap these two and take new clones. And as a precaution spray down the other ones and your grow space.

I won't lie, Im pretty concerned now.
The other plants are healthy looking so far. I did have one leaf that looked simaler on a plant thats about halfway into flowering.
I have a journal going on them but haven't added it to my signature.

I appreciate your help on this. I was going to up the feed on this little one and make the problem worse.

I may take some more clones too for precaution. I know there lots of good strains and pheno's out there but Im gonna try and keep this one going a long time.

This one is super easy to clone in veg but not as much into flowering.
Seems like whatever the flowering time has been is added to the time it takes to reveg

No problem that's what this forum is for to help each other out. I'll take a look at your journal.
I've only dealt with mites once and really don't want to give you bad advice on the ones half way through flower so hopefully someone can chime in. I had used Azamax and was told you can use it up to a few weeks before you harvest.

These were some old pics I dug up out of my journal. I think this was the same problem. This was the plant that is flowering now while it was in Veg.
As far as I can tell there isn't any new damage accept for the clones.
I hadn't done anything special to stop it other than the silica blast maybee it slowed the bugs down enough to stay healthy.

I really appreciate the help on figuring out this problem. I really should have seen that when I look back at the pics.

The one to the left has a faded color and a little dry/thin fealing. Almost like it was made by a printer almost out of ink.

I think this is from underfeeding. Or could it be somthing else?
When I've seen this before it was on a hungry plant.
The one on the left definitely looks like mite damage. The little critters have been chewing on the leaf, from the top and from underneath, for awhile. The leaf continues to grow but where it was damaged, it never recovers and will have those small pale spots. Been there.

Several suggestions from the group on a possible cure. Pick one and see if it helps. Keep notes. If it ends up that you have to spray every day for 3 days and then once every 3 days for 3 times, or any other schedule, write down the dates and keep track. It becomes very easy to loose track. An extra spray probably will not hurt but missing just one scheduled spray can set your entire schedule back by three or more sprays. Spray the carpet, too. Those critters will fall off and crawl around the carpet for awhile before dying, or even worse, finding their way back onto the plant just to lay eggs to produce a new generation.

There is one thing I have not seen anyone mention yet in all the threads on mites that I have read. At least I do not remember anyone mentioning it. Predatory insects will go after the weakest plant first. In the one picture you have two clones, side by side, in the same soil mix and in the same small containers, most likely cut and planted within minutes of each other. Yet one has major damage and the other minor damage. You have to ask yourself, why?

Most likely the one on the left, with all the damage, has something else wrong with it, and slower root development would be my guess based on my own experience with clones from the rooting stage to the harvest stage. And if the roots are not as healthy then the plant will not be as healthy and final harvest definitely will suffer. Once they have attacked the weakest plant the plant becomes even weaker.

I think you can fix the problem to the point where the plant produces something at harvest, but it is up to you whether it is enough. Even if it does not work out in the long run, there is a lot that can be learned. What you learn on this experience can help prevent it from becoming a major problem the next time around.

Been through it. Still fighting the bugs, but that's life.

Back
Top Bottom