Unusual veg growth or normal?

Brolociraptor

420 Member
Hello all I’m currently on my very first grow and one of my plants has had an odd color on the leaves but it grew pretty normally until now. The same plant with the odd colors is now growing very odd on top and I was wondering if this is normal or something that will become an issue as the plant grows more? It’s mostly noticeable at the top but some of the small leaves are also growing a little twisted looking. Thank you in advance.

F91C90B8-80AE-47B8-8145-00AFA7AD4A18.jpeg

4D1A7BBA-9064-4C65-AA7A-A12005D73EA5.jpeg

74D47468-1B6B-4412-944F-A6139015E90F.jpeg

9C215066-20EA-4849-8006-7299C6BC9E86.jpeg

Hey Bro,

Welcome to 42p! Apologies it looks like this post got accidentally ignored and floated to the bottom. But your plant looks ok yet I’m wondering how it looks now? Hopefully she’s had a wet / dry yet cycle or two by now and things have progressed. Phottropism is where a plant follows the light, so many gardeners choose to rotate their plants, so a crooked top is no biggie.

Also to diagnose anything we need more info on your soil mix, what nutes, cal-mag and watering protocols like ph, how often etc. Anyway hope your garden is well but feel free jump back in with answers, any issues or questions.

Hello thanks for replying the plant (bottom left corner) has since been topped and I’ve started to lst it but since topping only one shoot of the new growth is actually growing and if you zoom in and look at the top of the plant the leaves have holes and they’re all growing different size fingers. I’ve never seen a plant with this many mutations or whatever is going on. I’m just hoping it’s not a pest problem. I use FFOF and supplement with FF trio at around 350 ppm plus about a teaspoon of cal mag and molasses per gallon of water feeding about once a week and ph’d at around 6.0-6.3. This plant has had odd colored leaves since it first started growing so it might just be a genetic thing. I can get close up pics tomorrow if needed. It’s also bag seed so I’m not sure what strain it is
E4AE7D0F-CF2F-4E4D-A65D-93556EE43E66.jpeg

High & Welcome to 420 Mag. I really don't see anything wrong with those plants. All growth looks normal to me. The new shoots always come in light green & looking weird. In a week they look normal & the new shoots come out & look weird again. The leaves look slightly light green & on 1 plant I see a little yellowing on a bottom leaf. That just tells me you can up your nute strength a little bit.

CF7DDD29-2C26-4ACA-A617-9A4EC94E99A8.jpeg

Here are some close ups it’s hard to see what’s really going on with the pictures but basically there’s leaves with whole chunks missing from the top leaves and one side branch is completely dominating the other where I topped at.

F9862DC9-5FF5-4D89-A868-58F078CC42A6.jpeg

Hopefully none of the above I have a loupe and can’t see anything but I’ll keep a close eye. Thanks guys
I was going to say they look normal to me until I saw the leaf with the chunk missing. Did that disappear over night or did the leaf actually grow that way from the beginning?

If it happened suddenly, there’s obviously something floating around you need to kill, though it’s weird that you’d sustain such damage without any visible pests.

If the leaf grew with that chunk missing, it’s a weird-ass mutation or maybe a virus. It is definitely bizarre either way.

as
I was going to say they look normal to me until I saw the leaf with the chunk missing. Did that disappear over night or did the leaf actually grow that way from the beginning?

If it happened suddenly, there’s obviously something floating around you need to kill, though it’s weird that you’d sustain such damage without any visible pests.

If the leaf grew with that chunk missing, it’s a weird-ass mutation or maybe a virus. It is definitely bizarre either way.
I’m not 100% sure if it grew that way or it happened later but it seems to have grown that way as the older leaves that had no holes still have no holes, it’s only been some of the new growth. The plant has grown kind of odd it’s whole life so it could be the plant itself but will continue to keep an eye on it and the others. Thank you very much!

630F9E70-2D11-456B-92FC-0441F82AE02D.jpeg

Just spotted these on a couple of the leaves.. I’m about 2-3 weeks into veg so I don’t think they’re trichomes but I’m not sure. Do you think it’s WPM?

as

I’m not 100% sure if it grew that way or it happened later but it seems to have grown that way as the older leaves that had no holes still have no holes, it’s only been some of the new growth. The plant has grown kind of odd it’s whole life so it could be the plant itself but will continue to keep an eye on it and the others. Thank you very much!

630F9E70-2D11-456B-92FC-0441F82AE02D.jpeg

Just spotted these on a couple of the leaves.. I’m about 2-3 weeks into veg so I don’t think they’re trichomes but I’m not sure. Do you think it’s WPM?
It might be — hard to tell — but my kneejerk reaction is no. Powdery mildew is fuzzlier in my experience. How is it looking now? Been a few days since I visited the site.

It might be — hard to tell — but my kneejerk reaction is no. Powdery mildew is fuzzlier in my experience. How is it looking now? Been a few days since I visited the site.
C439334A-13A8-46FB-9963-80947863DD8C.jpeg

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sadly, I ended up chopping that plant down due to limited space and it growing the oddest out of all of them. I still don’t see any other signs of pests or eggs or WPM and I’ve recently starting spraying them with neem oil just in case. Still waiting to find out the sex of these plants.

Back
Top Bottom