USA how to order from seed banks help

No replies?

Occasionally, it takes more than 14 minutes to get an answer to a specific question here. It's a forum, not live chat, lol.

Does anyone know if no communication from Seedsmans from the day the order was placed three weeks ago is typical?Still no change in order status. Does it really take this long usually to ship to the US?

I read recently that the business was having issues and had stopped taking orders from new accounts (or something like that). However, I just visited their website to copy the telephone numbers so that I could post them for you. When I did, I saw a notice (that appears to have been posted this morning) stating that the business was again accepting new accounts. I'm guessing that, whatever the issue(s) was/were, it was deemed to be serious enough that the owner feared that they wouldn't be able to fulfill orders, and didn't want a bunch of people's first experience with the company to be a bad one. But that's just a guess on my part. Anyway... I suppose that, depending on exactly what was going on, it is possible that your order information simply "fell through the cracks," as it were. I suggest you call them and ask. I also suggest you call the UK number, but am posting the telephone numbers for all four locations. BtW, the UK is five hours ahead of the United States' Eastern time zone, so it's currently the middle of the night over there. On the other hand, someone ought to be in the office really early (our time) in the morning ;) .

UK - 44 2038 932103
Poland - 48 22 263 02 28
Spain - 34 902 757 218
USA - Denver - 720 650 8315

You'll need to preface the out-of-country telephone numbers with the "exit code," which is 011. That assumes you are located in the USA, of course (which may or may not be the case). If calling from a cell phone instead of a landline, I think you can use a + (plus sign) in place of the exit code, but I'm not really sure.

Surprisingly - or, perhaps not, IDFK - that's not terribly unusual. I don't know how many questions I've answered for people about products, how to use them, company contact information, et cetera... That I got the answers to by visiting the company website. Or, if it was something I couldn't find quickly but knew someone at the company would have the information, posted contact info and suggested the questioner call or email - and, often, got something like "Why didn't I think of that?"

<SCRATCHES HEAD> Which I've never been able to figure out :rolleyes: .

He was asking the members here on the forum if what he was seeing was normal. He maybe didn’t want to be the type of person to go complain about something right off the bat without doing some research first and ask all the people here who have been commenting that they use Seedsman, might be quicker and easier than an international phone call or email.

Tortured Soul you beat me to it!

I can still type pretty quickly when I don't bother to stop to wonder where any particular letter is at on the keyboard (they're all worn blank except for q, z, x, and about half the function keys). And I've been hitting the forum pretty often because, well, I have no life right now, lol. So it's either this or play a game of Slash'Em (a Nethack variant). I've been playing that or Nethack for, IDK, 20 years or more and have not even come close to winning (or, to be honest, making it to what would be considered "mid-game" :embarrassment: ), so this forum is often the more satisfying/pleasurable choice. OtOH... Time to try again ;) . . . .

Hang on. I’ve messaged customer service twice On their site with no reply. I’ve emailed them and I’ve private messaged seedsman here n the forum as well with no response. The only thing I haven’t done is phone. Frankly, I did a bit of looking around and hadn’t come across a number. I wasn’t bashing, just asking. It would be nice if some of you would give me the same courtesy. Sheesh. Thanks for the number. I met my wife in England and her family is still there, so I know that drill, so I’ll give the UK number a call.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Reading over their site I now see that shipping to the US is 3-4 weeks. I ordered from them due to the easy pay with Zelle and they were a site sponsor. I guess I just have to live with long ship times to get the other benefits. My initial attempt to contact was to see if they got my Zelle payment. Most online companies I've dealt with that have payment done on a different site will send you an email stating payment received. I guess they don't. Eventually, the status changed to something about order on the way to local shipper so I assumed they had my payment. I'm sure I'll get my order eventually and everything will be fine. Thanks.
Based on your description of status I agree. Will take a while but payment was received and the bulk shipment is on the way.

I'm not sure what you did to reach out or what's going on. I haven't had that issue and reached out twice and both times the same person responded in 48 hours. If I never got a response I may not spend what I do on seeds with them.

I definitely agree, the communication part is huge, especially if shipping can take more than a couple days. In terms of communication and customer service, you honestly can't go wrong with Gorilla Seeds. They're a sponsor here and always respond to my emails right away, even outside of business hours. I personally think they have a great selection, their prices and freebies are great too. If you pay with Bitcoin you get even more of a deal, I get order confirmation, payment confirmation, shipping and tracking confirmation... I've ordered from them 4 times and have never had any issues, fast shipping to the US, I wrote up a review of them here. :)

I definitely agree, the communication part is huge, especially if shipping can take more than a couple days. In terms of communication and customer service, you honestly can't go wrong with Gorilla Seeds. They're a sponsor here and always respond to my emails right away, even outside of business hours. I personally think they have a great selection, their prices and freebies are great too. If you pay with Bitcoin you get even more of a deal, I get order confirmation, payment confirmation, shipping and tracking confirmation... I've ordered from them 4 times and have never had any issues, fast shipping to the US, I wrote up a review of them here. :)
I might have to give them a whirl just to have a comparison experience and they sound good so why not.

I might have to give them a whirl just to have a comparison experience and they sound good so why not.

I honestly have nothing but good things to say about them, they haven't let the business/money end of things ruin who they are and it shows with their great customer service. I placed and received two orders in the last few months, right in the height of COVID. Even with delays, limited staff, etc.. they always got back to me and I got the orders in like two weeks. I've been talking to them a bit to see if it'd be possible for them to have a forum rep, so if you do place an order maybe mention that you saw them as a sponsor on here so they know it's worth it! If you have any questions about my experience with them check out the review or feel free to message me :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned but True North Seed Bank takes all types of payments & happens to be a 420mag sponsor so 20% discount code!

True North Seed Bank offers many convenient ways to pay for your order.

Payment Methods
We accept the following methods of payment:

1. Credit / Debit Card (MasterCard / Discover / Diners) - online or over the phone ((+1) 416-679-0421). USA only

- Please make sure your card is activated for international use, as otherwise your payment will be declined.
- All transactions will show as either 'NASB', 'North America S' or 'True North International'.

PLEASE NOTE: Debit and Credit Card payments are subject to 7.5% Card Processing Fee.

2. International Money Order (USD or CAD only)

3. Cash -
please use a bubble envelope and registered mail for safety. We cannot be held responsible for cash lost in the post.

4. Bank Transfer - Bank Transfer payments are subject to CA$17.50 fee

5. E-Transfer
- Canada only

6. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies.

Based on your description of status I agree. Will take a while but payment was received and the bulk shipment is on the way.

I think attitude started doing that too. The last order I put in with them the end of May had an email when the status changed that now included language about not being able to provide a tracking number.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but True North Seed Bank takes all types of payments & happens to be a 420mag sponsor so 20% discount code

Neptune, Platinum, attitude, and seedsman have to be out of stock before I’ll order from true north. My buddy has an order in with them from late April, they took his money, but it still says processing and they won’t return any inquiries.

I told him just today that if he hadn’t heard by the end of the week, do a chargeback.

On top of that, their pricing is way high. Even the 20% doesn’t get it back down to the level of other banks. (Like $75 US for a fast buds 5-pack that is $50 everywhere else.)

If you don't need the seeds soon, True North has regular sales and promos. I got my seeds from them for 50% off, so not too bad. I did find the wait for seeds kind of irritating, but I ordered April 4th, and they shipped April 22nd.
I have an order in at a seedbank which is not a sponsor, 13 days so far, we'll see how it goes with them. I'm not going to name them here because I know of at least one other member who had a bad experience with them.
Seedsman, I just ordered a few for next year. They are accepting new customers now, as others have mentioned. Since they're in Spain I think someone pretty important to their operations got the virus and either is back on their feet or they've figured out a replacement/substitute.

I think attitude started doing that too. The last order I put in with them the end of May had an email when the status changed that now included language about not being able to provide a tracking number.

Neptune, Platinum, attitude, and seedsman have to be out of stock before I’ll order from true north. My buddy has an order in with them from late April, they took his money, but it still says processing and they won’t return any inquiries.

I told him just today that if he hadn’t heard by the end of the week, do a chargeback.

On top of that, their pricing is way high. Even the 20% doesn’t get it back down to the level of other banks. (Like $75 US for a fast buds 5-pack that is $50 everywhere else.)
The ability to do a credit card chargeback is paramount to me when deciding which broker to order from. If they have the ability to accept CC's instead of the bitcoin nonsense you can be pretty sure they are not just another sketchy seed broker like so many are.

See the message they have posted for their customers at the top of the home page, I’ll post it here so you can see exactly what I’m talking about and stop with your whining and negative energy.

“NOW ACCEPTING NEW ACCOUNTS

17th June; Thanks for your Patience – New Accounts and Updated Delivery Information
We are very pleased to once again accept new accounts. If you do not currently have a Seedsman account, you can. Registration is free and easy.
We want to thank you for your continued support, kind words of encouragement and patience as we get our business back to normal following what have been truly challenging and unprecedented times.
Customers just like you have come to know and love us for all your favourite top quality genetics at the best prices, plus tons of freebies and special promotions – like our Autos Promotion running now.
Along with delivering quality seeds at great prices, our aim is to provide you with a service you can trust. We’ve built a system that is both safe and dependable and it works. While we might not always be the fastest in terms of delivery times (which we are always looking at ways to improve), we pride ourselves on being the most reliable, successfully shipping our products worldwide to valued customers for over 17 years.
We aim to always give you the honest answer, even when it might not be what you want to hear. While we have added to our team to support the increased demand, international shipping partners continue to experience sources of disruption and heavy demands on their networks, causing delays. For orders outside of Europe delivery is taking between 15-25 working days, from the time payment is received to when you can expect delivery.
We are committed to keeping you informed and will continue to update this message with the most current delivery times. For more information about our delivery process to the US, tracking numbers will only be provided once the parcel has been processed by our US hub which is currently around 4 weeks from day of payment.
You can also refer to our online Seedsman Support Knowledge Base for any answers to your queries. If you need personal assistance with your order and need to contact support, please be patient with us. We’re responding to all support tickets in the order received as quickly as we can, but we ask that you do not create multiple tickets as this only delays our ability to get back to you and others.

Thank you, as always for your trust – we value you and your business and look forward to growing together!“

Definitely would not defend the lack of communication and the long shipment times, but I have emailed them twice now. Got a response both times in less than 3 hours. The second one they responded with a tracking number at 21 business days. So, that is within 25 business days on delivery if nothing happens with usps.

I will say from ordering at other locations that you will not beat the prices, especially on deal days, but shipping and communication are some of the pillars of a distribution company. I would say those pillars are wet noodles for seedsman. Would easily pay much more for a more expedited shipment from them.

That being said, would still order from them again. If you need to start growing yesterday, don't order from them. North atlantic seed co. Got me my order in 3 days from payment to my door.

Would easily pay much more for a more expedited shipment from them.

I guess you’re not familiar with normal shipping from overseas. It takes a couple weeks. Now add onto that all the crazy stuff going on, and shipping is taking 2-3 times what it was.

Fewer commercial flights means less cargo space on those flights. Regular cargo flights have taken what they can, but it’s not enough. A lot of places are now holding orders and lumping them together in a bigger shipment, waiting for available space, and then disbursing them on the other side.

Many of those are coming over via ship instead of by air.

I order a ton of stuff (non-cannabis related) from a shop outside London, and it’s taking 6 or 7 weeks on shipments right now. It is what it is.

Communication is another thing, but I’m sure they are just like everyone else right now. Minimal staffing, reduced hours, and flooded with correspondence.

I guess you’re not familiar with normal shipping from overseas. It takes a couple weeks. Now add onto that all the crazy stuff going on, and shipping is taking 2-3 times what it was.

Fewer commercial flights means less cargo space on those flights. Regular cargo flights have taken what they can, but it’s not enough. A lot of places are now holding orders and lumping them together in a bigger shipment, waiting for available space, and then disbursing them on the other side.

Many of those are coming over via ship instead of by air.

I order a ton of stuff (non-cannabis related) from a shop outside London, and it’s taking 6 or 7 weeks on shipments right now. It is what it is.

Communication is another thing, but I’m sure they are just like everyone else right now. Minimal staffing, reduced hours, and flooded with correspondence.

Money always talks, which is why COVID-19 is as bad as it is and why I have gotten several items from Europe and China within a week or 2 of ordering. I probably shouldn't be able too. I was just saying that some people would most likely opt to pay seedsman more money for expedited shipment.

Not concerned about the slowness due to staffing, since that one sucks for anyone, jobless, overworked, or a customer. Staffing is a legitimate problem and they did reference that in the emails. I did way to much short staffed restaurant management to fault them for that.

In the end, the world's been corrupted by Amazon and its shipping times. All about that instant gratification.

Back
Top Bottom