USA how to order from seed banks help

I have mixed feelings about Crop King. I bought a 5 pack of reg Blueberry seeds. Two popped, one male one female. I grew the female. She smelled like a Blueberry, until week 7, when the scent died completely. Seed 3 I dropped and stepped on while transferring it to the paper towel, it still put out a taproot, and grew 3 sets of leaves, but with no internodal space. Then it died.
So, those seeds were grower error.
The last two popped open, and there was white goo inside. Nothing else. That's not grower error.
Before popping those two seeds I had ordered 5 reg Haze Extreme. Seed one, male. Seed two, failed to germinate. Seed three, male. Seed four, female, did not match pics or description, but potent, racy high. Seed five failed to germinate.
I was using a mix of sunlight and t5s.
I don't know what their seeds are like now, those grows were years ago, and I am a much better grower than I was then. I am thinking of giving them a second chance, but that white goo, and those failed seeds were not good.

I have mixed feelings about Crop King. I bought a 5 pack of reg Blueberry seeds. Two popped, one male one female. I grew the female. She smelled like a Blueberry, until week 7, when the scent died completely. Seed 3 I dropped and stepped on while transferring it to the paper towel, it still put out a taproot, and grew 3 sets of leaves, but with no internodal space. Then it died.
So, those seeds were grower error.
The last two popped open, and there was white goo inside. Nothing else. That's not grower error.
Before popping those two seeds I had ordered 5 reg Haze Extreme. Seed one, male. Seed two, failed to germinate. Seed three, male. Seed four, female, did not match pics or description, but potent, racy high. Seed five failed to germinate.
I was using a mix of sunlight and t5s.
I don't know what their seeds are like now, those grows were years ago, and I am a much better grower than I was then. I am thinking of giving them a second chance, but that white goo, and those failed seeds were not good.
I could give you horror stories about current 420 sponsors (dead seeds and genetic freaks) as well. I do not buy from Crop King currently but they have many brand new strains that are on the high THC side (Alien Gorilla Glue is verrry interesting . . . ) so I'm likely going to try them again next.
I'm waiting on some GSCookies from a sponsor (maybe here tomorrow) and have some GG#4 beans (not a sponsor) (plus some GG#4 clones from yet another source) that I'm popping this week but CK's Alien GG might be the following grow.
I've grown their White Widow, Purple Kush, something else that I can't remember (as well as my only foray into Autos) was with them. Genetics were consistent but until they got these 420 different new strains there were no really high THC varieties like GG#4 until now.

Saying "Everyone" wants to crap on CKS might be a bit of an overstatement. Just saying. I don't believe I've grown any of their seeds although I have some that were gifted to me a few years ago. I do remember back 2 or 3 years when CKS kept shooting themselves in the foot with bad seeds and even worse customer service. I know they used to be a 420 sponsor and are not now.

Hopefully they've gotten things straightened out and are offering up good genetics with even better customer service. Seeds are too expensive to get duds or inferior genetics.

I could give you horror stories about current 420 sponsors (dead seeds and genetic freaks) as well.

Exactly, just because they are paid sponsors doesn’t mean they aren’t shady companies or their word is god, although I do hope 420 filters out bad quality companies before taking their money.

I think after I receive my next Seedsman order my fridge is going to look like the Svalbard Global Seed Vault and I should probably focus more on growing seeds than collecting them. :rofl:

I've been trying to remind everyone but I've had great experiences with Gorilla Seed Bank, they are a sponsor here. Multiple orders during COVID, great customer service. I wish they had a rep on the forums because I highly recommend them.

They used to have a forum rep named Sherry. She was great. I think she has since moved on to other things, though.

I typed up a review for anyone looking for some input -

Does anyone know if no communication from Seedsmans from the day the order was placed three weeks ago is typical?Still no change in order status. Does it really take this long usually to ship to the US?
My first order took 4 weeks, my second order I’m still waiting on but I’m expecting 4-5 weeks, ordered on Memorial Day.

They just posted an update to their site today about shipping and that they are again taking new accounts for anyone who has been waiting.

I think he was talking about an update to the shipping status, not actual email communication. For about 3-4 weeks the status of the order will say in route to US shipping hub or something similar. Can’t really update you much more than that until they actually arrive at that the hub destination. Once there they will get repackaged and shipped via USPS at which time they will update the status and give you a tracking number if you paid for it.

FYI sign up for USPS Informed Delivery emails, if it’s available at your Post Office. Once they get a package it gets entered into their system and will show up in the daily emails until it’s delivered, no need to pay extra for the tracking information. They also scan images of your mail for that day letting you know what should be there in case you do think someone is stealing your mail.

Does anyone know if no communication from Seedsmans from the day the order was placed three weeks ago is typical?Still no change in order status. Does it really take this long usually to ship to the US?

A bunch of overseas banks that would normally be about a 3-week wait are now twice that or a bit more. It's not the banks, it's the shipping channels in between. A drastic reduction in overseas flights results in less cargo space available.

Now the status change is something different, but shipping times are at least double right now. They may not be able to even provide a tracking number (I know Attitude couldn't for an order I placed a few weeks ago) for whatever reasons they have going on within the Royal Mail service.

Right now is slow as hell. But send a message if you are worried. If you paid shipping insurance it's just a matter of time unfortunately. But send in a request for status update. They usually say, we shipped bulk to US and then they say we are shipping to you domestic be there in less than a week. First stage takes a while but reduces risk

Back
Top Bottom