Veg to flower on auto flower hydro's

SJ120

Hello,
I've just changed my nutrients from veg to flower after 28 days from dry seeds. I have used a 200 watt dual cfl plus 2x26 watt cfl spots, all 6400k. I have now added a 300 watt 2700k.
I have been running 20 hours on 4 hours off.
Do I need to change to 12/12 like normal or can I run them as I am because they are auto flower ?

Any tips welcome
:peace:

Hello,
I've just changed my nutrients from veg to flower after 28 days from dry seeds. I have used a 200 watt dual cfl plus 2x26 watt cfl spots, all 6400k. I have now added a 300 watt 2700k.
I have been running 20 hours on 4 hours off.
Do I need to change to 12/12 like normal or can I run them as I am because they are auto flower ?

Any tips welcome
:peace:

You can run them the same way as you started. Autoflowers don't need that dark period. They will begin flower when they are mature. My last autoflower grow, i had them on 16/8 for 2 weeks, and then 12/12 till end of flower. Some people prefer to run their autoflowers at 20/4. I'm not sure which light schedule will produce the most bud, i think it all comes down to your setup. (size of container, light etc)

Auto flowering plants are tricky IMO. Its not vary well understood because people try growing auto-flowering plants as a photo-period plant.

I don't know much about them but I do know any stress I.E. bending, snapping, training in anyway will hinder your plant and you wont get ANYTHING lol ( from experience, letting auto grow natural will get you better results )

Auto's should be potted in the pot it will be in all its life, transplanting is one of the reasons they don't do amazing things for people.

Last most important difference I know about is the root structure is majorly different. With auto's the tap root RUNS straight down with minimal root spreading. While the root is fining its way to the bottom the plant will go though some explosive growth ( within week 1-2 of seed). Once the tap root runs out of room the growth is reduced drastically. So taller pots is a must. This is also the reason you do not want to transplant these girls, once the root settles in your shocking it by transplanting.

Also remember auto's from seed can take as little as 60-70 days for finished product, When you see the sex pistols show up swap the lighting for 12/12. ( what ever your light cycle is keep it consistent )

I've heard a ton about auto's and read all about the bad rap they get because they do not produce, but they can produce a lot given the right circumstances just go back to when you fist started learning how to grow, they didn't come out like how you wanted did they? lol Until you learned what they needed!

Back
Top Bottom