Venting to cold outside

Crane

So yeah I'm struggling with ventilation and temps in my grow space. I drilled a whole through the outside wall and now my extractor fan blows the warm air straight out side the house. Where I live the the winter temps get below -10F so now I started worrying will the warm air create icicles or vapor or something during the winter,and be a security problem that way?

I vent to outside in similar temps. Melts a bit of snow right under the vent which is 24 inches above ground but it's barely noticeable. No icicles ever, possibly because the vent stays too warm for anything to freeze to it. My hose length is only 16 inches or so. Occasionally you will see bit of steam in certain weather conditions but it's very little.

I vent to outside in similar temps. Melts a bit of snow right under the vent which is 24 inches above ground but it's barely noticeable. No icicles ever, possibly because the vent stays too warm for anything to freeze to it. My hose length is only 16 inches or so. Occasionally you will see bit of steam in certain weather conditions but it's very little.

Thanks that very assuring!
Kind of late to start thinking about that now isn't it lol

You shouldn't have any problems. Did you put any sort of a hood on the outside? It would look just like any other dryer or bathroom vent if you do.

There's just regular metal grill thingy on the outwall. And yeah, it's a bit late now to worry ;) but there's still hope that I'll get the harvest in before the winter sets in.

Back
Top Bottom