Video embed not working today?

Hi excellent folks of 420, I’m having a prob this morning with you tube vids.

In the past Ive had no trouble and all the ones I’ve posted before are still there and play fine right in the thread.

Today, every one I embed looks right, and then when you hit play it says video unavailable. A few others have tested and cant play them so I dont think it’s my end...

Ill try one here, in case it works (its one of the ones i was trying to post)

Is anyone else able to embed a YouTube (or other media) clip and have it play back the way it’s supposed to? I’m wondering if it’s a site issue maybe.

:Namaste:

Got your report on this, Amy. We're looking into it. @Norcaliwood reported the same problem.
Hey Teddy, thanks for picking it up.

I found out that certain copyright holders restrict things in YouTube, like embed function, for many sites. I’m not sure it’s something fixable from your end - unless you ask VEVO to grant the function for this website (if that is indeed how it works).
:Namaste:

Not Vevo but the one I tried earlier works.

That’s quite highlarious too farside :D

@Teddy Edwards

Just a heads up that since this, many more vids won’t play, not just the vevo ones, so maybe it’s something afterall. That one from farside plays fine tho. I dunno. I haven’t seen a music track posted by anyone for about 2 weeks that will actually play on site. Just FYI :Namaste:

@Teddy Edwards
And following up on that, this recent post from @newty of a tutorial. So - I’m sure newty hasnt (knowingly) places any copyright restrictions on her YouTube so it seems the YouTube have changed their policy about embedding videos lately. Or something.

It seems worth investigating after all. Maybe you are already. :Namaste:

Hmmmm I’ve noticed my last few videos for my tutorials etc (all YouTube) say video unavailable. Could it be my music?

If you go to my YouTube channel or if I IG message the link it works fine

Maybe... it’s also possible there’s a setting somewhere in your YouTube account that controls whether the videos can be embedded to play on other sites. Maybe check that out :hmmmm: Youtubr May have made a recent change to those settings.
It seems a bit random atm. Some vids play and others won’t.

Back
Top Bottom