ViparSpectra LED Grow Light Discussions & Photography

First grow under my Viparspectra XS2000. It has been great for veg and we are starting flowering strong. Somango to be pollinated by Grand Daddy Purple
20211201_174720.jpg
They grow healthily under the light, looking forward to the flowering and bud.

List a couple of shots of the girls today. Harvest has started with trimming to smdry for one and her sister is tomorrows victim. Still have a few weeks left for the other 4 but the buds on the trimmed plant are solid and so , so sticky. Loving the p4000. Have a nice run for its next outing .
20211202_124427.jpg
20211202_124313.jpg
20211202_124155.jpg
20211202_124043.jpg
20211201_164319.jpg
20211201_164007.jpg

List a couple of shots of the girls today. Harvest has started with trimming to smdry for one and her sister is tomorrows victim. Still have a few weeks left for the other 4 but the buds on the trimmed plant are solid and so , so sticky. Loving the p4000. Have a nice run for its next outing .
20211202_124427.jpg
20211202_124313.jpg
20211202_124155.jpg
20211202_124043.jpg
20211201_164319.jpg
20211201_164007.jpg
So love your photos, especially the last one. :love:

Welcome all growers to share your plants with us here, your best!

Great thread!! I cannot wait to post pics of my flowers under the XS2000. I really like the light for veg so I can't wait to see flower. Definitely covers a full 2x4. The price is seriously an unbelievable bargain when you look at the quality of the components.

I will share an article from our Collaborator about "How Much Light Do You Need for Indoor Cannabis?"
Welcome to share your experience if you have more ideas.

For this topic, our Collaborator has the following views:
Matching the Grow Light to the Grow Space
When setting up your indoor cannabis grow, we recommend that you start by thinking about the yield that you would like to be able to harvest each cycle. As we explain in our guide, “Grow Tents and Harvest Sizes”, the yield of each grow is limited by the space, so your yield goals should determine the size of your grow tent. The size of your grow tent then determines the amount of light that you need.

You can grow cannabis plants under small lights or large lights. Many growers use less light than they could and still produce decent harvests. However, the efficiency of the grow and the quality of the harvested cannabis is best when the grow lights are matched to the grow space.

Not Enough Light Produces Larf
When the light is insufficient for the space, it can result in lower quality cannabis and more work trimming. Large plants that receive inadequate light will produce a lot of low-quality buds that we call “larf”. Many growers mistakenly think that larf is the result of budding sites not receiving light. In reality, larf is the result of a plant that, in total, has more budding sites than energy to develop them. If the plant is receiving less than optimal light and has a large number of budding sites, it will produce larf.

Too Much Light Is Damaging or Wasteful
It is even more important to avoid giving the plants too much light. As we explain below, there is a limit to the amount of light a plant can use, and excessive light will cause damage. If you have too much light, you could avoid damage by raising or dimming the light. Raising the light wastes energy and reduces efficiency. If you must dim the light, then you are not taking full advantage of your investment. In either case, you would save money and be more efficient if you had lights that were properly matched to the space.

How Much Light Can Cannabis Plants Use?​

It is common to hear that “more light is better” and since many home growers use insufficient lighting for their space, it is often true. However, there is a limit to the density of photons (PPFD) that cannabis plants can use. If plants are exposed to a higher density of photons than they can use in photosynthesis, it will not increase yield. In fact, when PPFD is too high, it can reduce both the yield and the quality of the harvested cannabis.

The rate of photosynthesis and photosynthetic efficiency can be limited by several factors including carbon dioxide, photon density, temperature, oxygen, water, minerals, age, leaf anatomy and more. In many grow tents, photon density is the limiting factor. However, as you increase the density of photons, other factors like carbon dioxide will become the limiting factor. When photosynthesis is limited by any factor other than light, the leaves reach their light saturation point.

Photon density (PPFD) that is beyond the saturation point dictated by photosynthesis can damage plant tissue. Therefore, when leaves reach their saturation point, the plant will attempt to protect itself with photoprotection responses. These include things such as chlorophyll or leaf movement, anatomical changes, non-photochemical quenching and thermal dissipation. All these photoprotection efforts by the plant waste energy and can lower yield.

If the plant cannot adequately protect itself from excessive light energy by using photoprotection responses, it will begin photoinhibition. Photoinhibition decreases the rate of photosynthesis and reduces growth and harvest potential. However, symptoms of light stress do not become apparent if the plant is able to cope with the excessive light. Symptoms such as chlorosis occur only when photoinhibition can no longer effectively protect the plant.

Cannabis Photosynthesis: Carbon Dioxide and Light Limits​

There are many areas of cannabis science that have not yet had adequate research. Fortunately, photosynthesis is one of the exceptions. In 2008, Chandra et al. published extensive research into cannabis photosynthesis. The data they provide offer the most accurate measurement of how much light cannabis plants can use.

The data from Chandra et al. show that cannabis plants are like many other terrestrial plants. In ambient concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2), cannabis leaves begin to saturate when the photon density is 500 µmol (PPFD). The limiting factor is CO2. This shows up in the data as the concentration of CO2 within the leaves drops when the photon density is above 500 µmol/m2. Increasing photon density at this point produces diminishing returns, but it will lead to more photosynthetic activity. However, there is a limit. Cannabis plants begin photoinhibition when the photon density reaches 1000 µmol/m2 (PPFD). Additional photon density, beyond 1000 µmol/m2 (PPFD), will lower the rate of photosynthesis and can damage plant tissue.

These limits are largely dictated by the concentration of CO2. Ambient CO2 levels are around 370 µmol mol. When CO2 levels are higher, cannabis plants can process more photon energy before they become limited. The data from Chandra et al. show that when CO2 concentrations are 750 µmol mol, cannabis plants can perform well at a photon density of 1500 µmol/m2 (PPFD) without inducing photoinhibition. This allows larger harvests from the same amount of space. However, successfully increasing the concentration of CO2 in the grow space requires sealing the space. The costs of setting up and running a sealed grow space are considerable. Most home growers are better served by using a ventilated grow space and accepting the limits imposed by the ambient levels of CO2.

I had to check the link beforenI posted as I still can't believe it... mean well driver and Samsung diodes. The price is misleading how good of a deal it is. It also has 3000k and 5000k diodes so it should be well received the full plant cycle. So far I am impressed to say the least
Yes, for the XS series, we use Mean Well driver and Samsung diodes.
Should I post this information more to get more growers to know it? haha

Yes, for the XS series, we use Mean Well driver and Samsung diodes.
Should I post this information more to get more growers to know it? haha
I mean I will help spread the word! I noticed it right away as that is a driver that is used in top level lights in my opinion. It is crazy you get that quality price combo

As we know Mean Well driver is the top or best driver, and Samsung diodes are the best diodes, so we use them on our best light, even though they are more expensive than others.
For our slogan "Always Growing", we hope we could grow up together with all growers. We will be always on the way to
R&D best light for you.

Here is the meaning of our slogan:
1. Maintain enthusiasm for planting;
2. Maintain vitality for the brand, always upgrade technology, and go beyond ourselves;
3. Attract more excellent growers, expand the "ViparSpectra family" and provide satisfying services for everyone;
4. Always accompany you and keep moving forward.
I mean I will help spread the word! I noticed it right away as that is a driver that is used in top level lights in my opinion. It is crazy you get that qualities price combo

What is a suitable tent with led light to grow indoor? How do you adjust it? Just from our description about the lights or do you have any good way?

Welcome to share with us! :ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom