Virgin grower's first post

TomatoGuy

420 Member
Hello, I am an old fart (64 yrs) that hasn't smoked for 25-26 years. I grow really good hydroponic tomatoes in my backyard green house. It is 20' x 20' and the neighbors are all conservative Republicans. I want to "hide" one plant in the middle of the tomatoes. The green house is open on two sides, but screened in. My main question is will the smell alert my neighbors?

I bought seeds from Cropking. The discreet package fooled me for 10 minutes even though I knew seeds were supposed to be there. I was not going to be that person to call to say "where are they". I germinated 2 seeds, both opened and grew tap roots. I have one started in Master blend soluble nutrients.

Any and all replies will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Re: Virgin grower, first post

hey old fart, glad you finally made it! need more "life experienced" people here. If you can grow a tomato you know you can
grow this stuff, you have the necessary skills already in place. keep us posted, your neighbors probably have no idea what green herb smells like, tell them people to quit smelling YOUR air.

Thanks for the reply! I haven't had the discipline to keep journals on my tomatoes, but maybe I should try for this first seed. I took a quick walk thru your grow journal. 1st thing I noticed was that you use grow bags. I have been using my version for tomatoes for four years. I call it air pruning hydroponics. I think I was the first to make hanging root pouches, that weren't just nailed to a wall. I am starting my first seed in a 2 gallon hanging root pouch with perlite as the grow media. I put the little fellow right into one of my (empty) tomato buckets and am going to treat it just like a tomato. I'm sure that I am mucking this up but, I'm going to Vegas in a couple of weeks so I will see if the legal jeopardy is worth the benefit.

Re: Virgin grower, first post

Thanks for being the first reply! I have a lily bed that is fragrant enough that you could smell it down wind at least 4 houses away. Will a single plant, grown outdoors be noticeable to my neighbors? If so, I need to start growing something to "perfume" my back yard. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for being the first reply! I have a lily bed that is fragrant enough that you could smell it down wind at least 4 houses away. Will a single plant, grown outdoors be noticeable to my neighbors? If so, I need to start growing something to "perfume" my back yard. Thanks again for your help.

hey Tomato guy!! Glad you made it here! I am an avid mater grower as well.....outdoor garden. I am growing some Brandywine, some Damsels (Both beefsteak), some Roni and Cosmonaut Volkoff (midsize), some Rutgers (canning), Glaciers (saladette) and three varieties of cherry mater (Matt's Wild Cherry, Sakura Cherry, and Sweetie Cherry). Cannabis really isn't much different from growing maters.

As for your question about cannabis outdoors and the neighbors smelling it.....well that depends on the strain you are growing buddy. There are some that you can smell no matter what you do (hell Cheese strains) and then there are others like Blueberry where they probably wouldn't be noticed unless you were growing 10 of them.

There are some great people on this site, that will gladly offer up any information that you might need. Stop in and visit some people's journals, introduce yourself and get to know your new online neighbors! Welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom