Wanting to grow

budgirlz_420

just a couple of questions,,,,1. mail order hydroponics from ebay? are they trustworthy? if not how is? also i plan to use a wick set-up but i am having trouble finding a soil-less mix. does anyone have any info on mixing my own? what types of fertlizer do i use in both veg and flower stage? if not any ideas where i can find a carbon filtre and a cost. any help on ay of the above would be a great help for me. thanx for your time and your help! :bong:

To answer ur question.Yes it is fairly safe to order grow equipment online, even Ebay.Most hydro setups come with a grow medium(expanded clay pellet also known as hydrotron which is a company name).Other grow mediums are rockwool,perlite,vermiculite,soil-less mixes,cocoanut fiiber,and the list goes on.I get mine at a hydro store but some of these you can get at regular garden stores or the internet.Nice thing about the clay pellets is that they are reuseable.I like and prefer General Hydroponics nutes tri pack(gro,micro,and bloom).You will also need a ph kit and some ph down.You can also get boosters but you might want to stick with the basics.
Getto carbon filter:
Go to Homedepot or Lowes and get a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, a 4inch or 6 inch duct flange depending on what size hose,ductape,and a large furnace filter.
Go to a aquarium stoe and buy activated carbon and the white filter substance that looks like cotton.
Cut a 4 in or six in hole on the lid and put the flange in the hole.They have bed tabs to secure it then cwrap any leaks with ductape.Drill a couple dozen or more small hole at the bottom of the bucket.Cut the furnace filter to fit at the bottom of the bucket then pack 1/4 bucket with the cottonlike filter.Pour carbon into bucket until its 3/4 full then fill the rest of the bucket with the cotton.Cut another round piece out of the furnace filter and put on top of cotton.Install the lid.Now all you need is some dryer hose and a exhaust fan.
Hope this helps fellow green member.

hell yeah great answer urdedpal. Love the filter. I think I might have to run down to homedepot tomorrow, pick up the stuff, and make one of those. With the weather starting to warm up here my garge smells like grapefruit and skunk lol. Worried that the mailman might notice. lol I already have a couple of large ionizers in there which are doing a pretty great job but they cool use a little help.

As for wicking, that is basically a bubbler system but the water doesn't come up to the roots. Instead, a wicking material hangs from the root net down into the water and up into the root and throughout your soiless medium. Therefore wicking the nutes and water to the roots rather than them being emersed all the time. I use it as an aid in my bubbler systems to help when the plants are small and still haven't created a large root system.

thank you so much everyone! as for reading the grow forum,,,,i have this very same post over there and got 2 replies,,,,,,here i have 8 you see why i put the post here aswell??

again thanx!:bong:

Back
Top Bottom