Wardrobe Stealth Grow Cab

timwhoa

Starting my new Wardrobe Grow Cab,
got the wardrobe from a hotel that was remodeling, they had lots of them for sale all the same, size is 6 feet tall 38 inches wide and 24 inches deep
IMG_71425.JPG

Ok, painted the outside of the wardrobe with 5 cans of supreme spray paint for a super nice gloss finish , so it looks like really nice furnature inside the house
IMG_72013.JPG

in the previous photo you can see the 4 inch passive intake already installed in the lower left corner of the cab, in this next photo you can see the 6 inch duct elbow installed for the fan filter to come later .
IMG_66816.JPG

and here is how it looked after the saw cut, the previouse photo showed the paint inside with the shelf gone, sorry I had the pictures out of order
IMG_74173.JPG

Hi timwhoa, looking real good so far. I've been searching locally for a real wooden armoir/wardrobe but most are particle board these days. I am interested in your strategy for light-sealing the doors, so please keep the photos coming. Six inch fan may be overkill but I'm sure you can run that at a low speed to keep sound down too. I enjoy the creativity of this "hobby"!

Hi timwhoa, looking real good so far. I've been searching locally for a real wooden armoir/wardrobe but most are particle board these days. I am interested in your strategy for light-sealing the doors, so please keep the photos coming. Six inch fan may be overkill but I'm sure you can run that at a low speed to keep sound down too. I enjoy the creativity of this "hobby"!

the idea behind installing over sized inline fans is to then speed control them down to a whisper quiet speed, and you cant do this with the "speedster style" speed controllers, I will show you the rest of the vent system, I have seen all hardwood wardrobes on craigslist but they were over 200 sometimes as high as 400 dollars, I picked this one up for 30 dollars, I am finding the particle board to be of high quality at least, and its drilling and taking screws with no issues what so ever, and Yes I have a great method for light sealing and locking the doors, I will post some more photos for you

added 1x4 pine board on left door with 2 inch gap on overlap when the door is closed, added 2 inch bolt style latchs top and bottom with small screws into door
IMG_74201.JPG

ventalation parts laid out, 6 inch german made can fan, variac speed controller from amazon, way better than speedster controllers, this thing is SICK QUIET, and 14x6 carbon filter
IMG_74121.JPG
IMG_74052.JPG

Hat's off to you on the light sealing, timwhoa, that central 1x4 was just what I was thinking too. I may reconsider the 4" fan I've been looking at, a 6" at very low speed may be more stealthy but I hate to give up more room at the top.

Your cabinet is looking great, am hoping you start a grow journal soon too. Good luck!

I do feel that the sound level with the 4 inch could be very quiet also , if you use the variac speed controller shown in the picture, I can tell you the 6 inch set up that is shown is whisper quiet, the fan is german made, 5 year warranty , and it slows way down and the draw thru the big carbon filter is soft and gentle, I have room to turn it up later and still be quiet if needed, like during summer, i have more photos of the rest of the light sealing and the fan installation

Looking forward to seeing this up and running. You have to love a good diy project....lovely finish on the white paint too, looks spray painted on?

Back
Top Bottom