My first grow in a wardrobe

In hindsight, i really regret letting her in. But she knew I was home and I really didn't think she was going to react the way she did. She said something in the line of: "Now that I know of your plans I will be an accomplice if I don't report you and you get caught". Sigh...

You probably wonder why I was with someone like this in the first place. The answer is, she is really hot..

What a mess.. So now Im sitting here with all this equipment and not really able to go through with it. Atleast not for a while.

Thanks for your support though. I will keep you posted.

Hi Greendream!
How you doing with the ex-girlfriend issue?

Aaaaaaand, im back! So I decided to go for it after all. Im taking a little bit more risk then I would like to, with the girlfriend-situation and all. But hopefully it shouldn't be a problem.

I germinated 3 seeds two days ago and put them in three "Root riot" cubes under a 250w mh in my growcloset. When i checked the closet about an hour ago I could see tiny sprouts in 2 out of 3 of the cubes.

The temperature peaked quite high today at around 29-30 degrees celcius, but it was an exeptionally hot day. Im using the hood without the glass and ventilation. Average temp is around 27 degrees with this setup. I guess I will have to put the glass on the hood and start sucking the hot air out. Right now I just have the fan sucking air directly out from the top of the closet.

Oh and the new fan i got, "TD Silent fan", it really IS silent. You can hardly hear it at all so I am very happy with that.

I got a small bottle of nutrients for the root riot cubes but I have not used that yet, any tips on that? Also, any tips on when to transplant from the riot cubes into coco?

All in all I am happy to have finally started the ride!

I have been running the light for about 24 hours now thinking there was no reason to turn it off before the sprouts showed. Do you suggest that I start running it at 18/6 directly?

Another really hot day. Temperature in the room with the closet is 24-25 celcius and inside the closet is about 27.5. I connected the hood to the extractionfan which helped. I think it would have been over 30 now otherwise. Humidity was stable at 35% then I put a wet towel in there and it is now at 38%. The sprouts are streching quite alot. Do you think I should lower the light some more?

I wouldn't lower the light they are doing fine. Look into gaslight for timing on the lights 12 on and 1 hour light in the dark period will keep them vegging. Helps with heat and electric bill not to mention mine love it. Then it's a graduated schedule. I can't use it for flower because I have different stages in the same chamber, but it could work for you. 12twelve has used this along with some others just look around. I think you'll be OK with the X as long as no one else knows. Keep stealthy

So far I have not turned the light off once. Today during the warmest 6 hours I plan to turn it off. I want to try the basics before that 12 and 1 hour method.

The plants have progressed very little since the last photo I posted. In all three of the cubes you can see one single root sticking out the bottom. I might be watering the cubes too much. Would watering too much, slow the root growth alot?

Greandream nice to see you back!! glad you took the plunge and started up. I used a slightly different method for my seedlings in those root riot cubes, i cut a small square out of some plastic sheeting and popped the cube in side and put that on a small pot, i did this to keep the light of the roots.

My Second Grow 1200w Power Plant

Also be sure not to feed to early and always feed on the very light side, make sure not to over water those cubes let them go a little on the dry side before you water and water from the top not the sides as that would kill of the tiny hairs on the roots. What water are you using? i find bottled water good for seedlings.

So, i just turned the light back on after having it shut off for 6 hours. Earlier today I prepared two 3-liter pots with coco, drained them with lots and lots of ph-adjusted (5.8 PH) tapwater with a small amount of Canna Coco A and B. Then I put the a cube in each of them right below the surface. The third, and smallest seedling so far, i put in a milk-carton. That will just be a plant for me to experiment on. I only plan on growing two of them to full size.

The plants have grown very little since the last picture. The change is almost unnoticable. The reason why I decided to put the cubes in coco was because roots were poking through the bottom of them. Im not sure if it was a good idea, but time will tell.

DrTent: Have you started your next grow yet?

Here is what I have now

Before I put the plants in coco, i mixed the water with their websites recommended amount of Canna Coco A and B for seedlings. However I noticed that one of the tiny plants was getting really light, almost yellow. So about 24 hours ago I decided to flush the coco with nute-free water adjusted to 5.8 PH. The runoff was 6.0 PH.

Any tips?

This is what the plant looks like now, it is still pretty light

Before I put the plants in coco, i mixed the water with their websites recommended amount of Canna Coco A and B for seedlings. However I noticed that one of the tiny plants was getting really light, almost yellow. So about 24 hours ago I decided to flush the coco with nute-free water adjusted to 5.8 PH. The runoff was 6.0 PH.

Any tips?

This is what the plant looks like now, it is still pretty light:

Hey buddy,
well im just saying, that be careful adding nutes to seedlings, as they will fry rather fast.. Any regular potting mix has adequate nutes to raise em for a few weeks.. Whats the wattage of the light ur using and how close is it?? And because theyre in such large pots for seedlings, it may take them a week or so longer to gain size daily.. When i put em in clear plastic cups, usually in a week there s roots at the bottom of cup, ready for transplant to final pot.
So just feed em water I RECKON, for week or so, and see how they are.. Do you have a soil moisture meter?? Theyre handy, ive only got cheap one..But still. I am not familiar with COCO COIR so not sure if has nutes or anything to give to seedlings..
The color duznt look too bad mate. Its like when i trim a fan leaf that i think looks like its yellowing, well when i take it out of the MH light, its always darker than what i first thought!
Hope some of this helps alittle..KNOW its not much info.. Soz. Later bro, SMOKEMUP;)

Hey buddy,
well im just saying, that be careful adding nutes to seedlings, as they will fry rather fast.. Any regular potting mix has adequate nutes to raise em for a few weeks.. Whats the wattage of the light ur using and how close is it?? And because theyre in such large pots for seedlings, it may take them a week or so longer to gain size daily.. When i put em in clear plastic cups, usually in a week there s roots at the bottom of cup, ready for transplant to final pot.
So just feed em water I RECKON, for week or so, and see how they are.. Do you have a soil moisture meter?? Theyre handy, ive only got cheap one..But still. I am not familiar with COCO COIR so not sure if has nutes or anything to give to seedlings..
The color duznt look too bad mate. Its like when i trim a fan leaf that i think looks like its yellowing, well when i take it out of the MH light, its always darker than what i first thought!
Hope some of this helps alittle..KNOW its not much info.. Soz. Later bro, SMOKEMUP;)

Coco does not contain any nutrients. It is basically a hydroponic grow. But since I flushed them I have not been using any more nutes. I will wait a few more days with nutes I think. It is a 250w MH light and I would say it is about 40cm away from the plants. The leaves have started to point a little bit more upwards now since the last picture. Im not sure what this means.

DrTent: Did you go with "The ultimate"? How many plants and what kind of growarea etc? Im guessing your seedlings have come a little but further then mine then, eventhough tomorrow they have been over ground for a week.

I think I found what was causing the yellowing. It actually got worse then what my last picture showed. The one plant even got a little brown spot on one of the leaves. Yesterday i raised the light up quite alot from the plants and today when I woke up they are already lookign greener and healthier!

I didn't even know it was possible to give them too much light. I thought that as long as the temperature is under control, the more light the better. But apparently I was wrong.

I will post another picture in a few days.

Hello Greandream, yeah i'm growing "The ultimate" I have 3 seedlings but will be culling 1 and putting the other 2 in aqua farms. The area is allot bigger now as me and my Dad built a walk in wardrobe :) and even cut a whole in the ceiling so we can vent in to the attic. I will upload some pictures when the plants are in the new area, they are currently in the wardrobe i used last.

Looking forward to your next update.

Back
Top Bottom