Washing Fabric Pots

Yup I'm familiar with it but that's all. I got a kick out of that show lol the only time I've seen moose was when we went fishing up that way. Got to see a cow and her calf. I've been around elk but man those things are monster. We were North of PawPaw, somewhere, had to float into camp. I think the last town we were in was called hawk junction? Definitely enjoyable territory. I'd love to get a chance to head back up.

I also hunt. We have a house up country and get deer in our front yard. I have also only ever seen one moose though. Oddly enough, It was while I was on the Coquihalla highway near our exit. If you have not heard of the highway. They made a show about it. Highway thru hell. I also know Al's wife. lol. highway thru hell - YouTube

They may call the Coquihalla the highway thru hell, but I found Hwy 1 a lot worse. The Coquihalla wasn't open yet when we moved to Victoria, but it was when we returned to Halifax in the dead of winter.

the secret to repotting on small cloth pots is I put about 1/2 inch of straight perlite on the bottom of the pot and then my coco -perlite mix , hold the main stem in between your 2nd and 3 finger and flip up side down supporting the stem and pat gently on the bottom of the pot , the plant should just slide out as long as it wasn't left in the pot to long and the roots have already grown in to the fabric of the pot and poking outside

I'll let mine soak in 5 gallon pails with some bleach added to kill any organisms that are still in the cloth. Then take a scrub brush to the outside to get rid of the mineral deposits . After that just keep rinsing until you know the bleach is gone and let air dry. Might be time consuming but I'm semi retired and have the time

Back
Top Bottom